final

only need you

'you have no friends.' 

'well, i have you,' 

'i'm different! childhood friends are different.' 

'okay, so maybe i don't have friends, but i need to concentrate on studying.' 

'get out, nerd!' 

sana smacks nayeon with a pillow. 

'..sana pls, that didn't even hurt.' 

'...go to jinyoung.' 

 

 

'sana? wow, i haven't seen you here in ages, how are you?' 

'um, buying food?' she doesn't turn around (oops, that wasn't what he asked). 

'you okay?' he laughs, taps her on the shoulder. 

'y-yeah, fine! um, i've gotta go pay for this.' 

'sure, see you around sana!' 

'see you around,' sana scurries away (like the squirrel she is). 

 

 

nayeon is waiting for her at their table, chin in hands, smiling creepily. 

'have you always been this shy?' 

'i've always been an introvert,' 

'choi youngjae, my bae. his eye smile, his laugh, ' 

'don't quote drunk me.' 

'drunk sana is always cute.' 

 

 

'i'm busy.' 

'you're not.' 

'i still have 3 exams left.' 

'i have 5.' 

'what kind of person throws a party in the middle of exam week?' 

'my boyfriend?' 

'is it because you and him both get really good marks even if you don't study.' 

'probably,' 

'life is unfair.' 

'well, you can always study after!' 

'is anyone else i know going?' 

'meet new people!' 

and the next thing she knows, nayeon is calling jinyoung and telling him that sana's attending. 

 

 

sana nervously tugs her skirt down as they wait for jinyoung to pick them up. 

'relax. i designated someone to look after you for the night,' 

'...it's youngjae, isn't it,' 

'not telling!' 

sure enough, as sana climbs into the back seat, she's greeted with choi youngjae's eye smile (and sana melts just a little). 

 

 

loud music and flashing lights greet them as they pull up to jinyoung's house. sana sighs. 

'don't worry, you'll have fun!' choi youngjae, ever the optimist. 

she manages a weak smile as they enter the house, heart thumping with the beat. 

'nayeon-' but nayeon and jinyoung are already gone. 

'nervous?' youngjae laughs. 

'haha, it's not because i'm alone with you,' sana mumbles. 

'sorry?' 

'no, nothing,' 

 

 

'youngjae!' sana recognises jackson wang from the fencing club. 

'hi jackson,' (she almost doesn't see youngjae shaking his head, oops, too late).  

'sana minatozaki? youngjae, good job!' 

'what?' sana's confused, and youngjae punches jackson on the arm. 

'well, drink up!' a plastic red cup is pushed into her hand, and she sees youngjae shaking his head when jackson tries to give him one. 

'take it, you'll need it,' jackson laughs. 

sana takes a sip. youngjae does the same, albeit reluctantly, and jackson nods his head with approval. 

'bye sana minatozaki, have fun,' and jackson seems to laugh evilly as he says this. 

 

 

'sana,' 

'youngjae?' 

'sanaa,' 

'youngjae, are you drunk? you literally had one sip,' and then she finds her cheeks being pinched by her crush. 

'sana, did you know, i've liked you for ages,' the slurred words enter her ears and fill her mind. she freezes. 

'do you like me too?' 

the bass thumping in her ears. eyes wide, startled. her heartbeat, racing furiously. the colour invading her cheeks. and he knows. 

youngjae smiles happily (sana melts yet again). 

'wait, there are 3 of you sana,' 

 

 

'so jackson gave youngjae alcohol and youngjae got drunk and confessed to you, then he passed out? and you don't think he'll remember?' 

sana nods, hugging one of jinyoung's cushions. 

'well, we'll just have to see when he wakes up! don't worry, at least you know how he feels.' 

'but what if he was just saying that because he was drunk?' 

'jinyoung! how is he?' nayeon jumps up. 

'he won't wake up until ages, i think. how can he get this drunk from one sip of alcohol?' jinyoung shakes his head. 

'we'll help you clean up,' nayeon volunteers for both herself and sana. sana widens her eyes at nayeon, hoping she'll get the message. 

'that would be great!' and sana realises both nayeon and jinyoung are as dense as a person can be. 

 

 

'nayeon! what if youngjae wakes up while i'm still here?' she asks once they're alone, picking up random pieces of rubbish. 

'oh, i didn't think about that,' 

sana rolls her eyes. 

'look! i think jackson wrote this,' nayeon shows her a piece of paper. 

'sana and youngjae, you can thank me later. he knew youngjae would get drunk that easily?' 

'wingman!' nayeon laughs. 

'well, i guess i should thank him.' 

'y-youngjae,' out of the corner of her eye, she sees nayeon making a quick escape. 

'before you ask, yes, i remember everything.' 

'okay,' 

'let me ask you properly. sana minatozaki, will you be my girlfriend?' 

and amidst a sea of rubbish and leftover food, as sana holds her breath, and youngjae gazes into her eyes, everything slows down around them. 

because no matter what, no matter where, sana only needs youngjae, and youngjae only needs sana.