Pain

Punishment

You are someone I never thought would be real. You are someone whom I wished to be real.

You were someone who was supposed to be my superhero. 

You turned out to be someone who made me see what perfection could mean.

I never thought that I'd get to see you, yet I did. I never thought I'd get to meet you yet I did. Nor did I ever imagined that I'get to love you or you would want me back but I did. 

Maybe this is the reason I turned greedy.Wanting more of you and your love.

I got to love you when I wasn't allowed to do so. I stayed by your side even though I knew it wasn't a place that belonged to me.

You said you wanted me and I dreamt of living our happily ever after. 

I think it is because I dared to take something which was never mine that the universe is punishing me like this. Making me realize that I don't mean anything to you. That you and me together were just part of your long dream. A dream you don't  even remember.

I want to smile on the fact that you don't have sadness in your eyes. I want to be happy because you are back to being strong. I want to rejoice that you don't remember killing yourself for shooting someone just to prove something.

But then you look at me with the gaze of a stranger.

And my heart breaks.