Chapter 1

My Christmas Present

 

My christmas present. (One-shot)

Hey everybody, it's smrenheit. Phshh, it's obvious it's me since this is my story. Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you guys get lots of presents :D! I've got to warn you, this story is very rushed as it's a one shot and it's UBER horrible. In this story, GuiGui gets a VERY special present. Okay, enough blabbering~ On with the story!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever wished for something but never gets it? Well, I did andI hope it will be granted. You might think I'm childish hoping santa claus would put me in the nice list and not the naughty but hey, everyone tends to be childish at times. Hi, I'm GuiGui and I'm eighteen this year. The only present I really want this christmas is true love...

It's christmas' eve today and I'm doing some last minute shopping. Well by last minute, I mean those kind when you buy it and give the presents out almost immediately. It is frustrating when I walk for hours and still could not find the perfect gifts for my best friend, Wangzi and XiaoXun. While thinking, I walked past a shop. A "couple" shop? Maybe I should buy a pair of couple rings for the both of them, they're dating after all so it'll be the perfect gift for them. I walked into the shop and looked around. Just then something caught my eye, it was the cutest couple ring I've ever seen! It has the words "together" engraved on the smaller ring and "Forever" on the larger ring, the best part about it was that it has a special magnet in it that will only attract both rings together. I grabbed the rings and paid for them. The cashier put both rings into seperate boxes, into a plastic bag and handed it over to me. I happily strolled out of the shop, knowing that XiaoXun and Wangzi would totally love the present that I will be giving them.

Just as I was walking out of the door, someone squeezed past me, causing me to drop the plastic bag which had the rings in it. That person squatted down to help me pick the plastic bag up.

"I'm sorry. This is yours right?" he smiled at me.

"Yeah. Thanks... er?" I waited for him to me his name.

"The name's Aaron, I'm in a hurry now. See you soon!" Aaron walked into the store with a smile on his face.

Aaron's POV

She's kinda cute, call me crazy but I think I like her. I've never believed in the phrase "Love at first sight" but now, it's impossible not to believe in it.

GuiGui's POV

Man, that was close. For a second there, i thought I was going to lose those rings. I walked onto the road, not realising that the traffic light had already turbned red. BEEP! A car narrowly missed me as someone grabbed me off the road. My things scattered all over the pavement as I dropped my bags in surprise.

"You seriously should watch where you're going next time." someone hissed angrily.

"Huh?" I turned to where that voice came from and saw Aaron again.

I started memorizing his facial features, not wanting to ever forget it. I couldn't hear what he was shouting about, all I know was that he took my breath away.

"Be more careful, I really don't want to see you get hurt!" his eyes burned with rage.

"Oh... umm, thanks."

Did he just say that he don't want me to get hurt? Oh my god! He's concerned about me, but... We've just met, I don't think he likes me. It's normal for a stranger to help a stranger right? Gui! Be more realistic, stop dreaming! I stared at the pavement, debating about things in my mind, not realising that my things are still on the ground. Aaron looked at me and noticed me staring at something. He looked down to what I was staring at and immediately squat down to help me pick up ny stuff for the second time today.

"Here." Aaron handed me my bags, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks, again."

"No problem."

There was an awkward silence both of us fidgited and had nothing to say.

"What time is it now?" I asked.

"6pm..."

"Oh my god! I'm going to be late!" both of us shouted at the same time, attracting the attention of passer-bys.

"I got to go, bye!" I waved anxiously, running in the direction of my house.

I can't really hear what he was saying but it kinda sounded like "same here, see you soon." Does this means I really get to seem him again? Yeah! Why am I so excited to see him? Am I falling falling in love with him? No, I don't think so. Whatever Gui, focus!

I stopped running.

Wait... What was I late for? Wangzi and XiaoXun's christmas party, right! Just then, I reached my house. I went in, put down the plastic bags and went upstairs to change. I choose a white full vest, red sleeve t-shirt, mini shorts together with a pair of boots. I put on some light make up and went downstairs. Grabbing the plastic bag which had the rings, I went to the garage to get my car.

Aaron's POV

"What time is it now?" Guigui looked confused for some reason.

"6pm..." I glanced at my watch.

Suddenly, something clicked in my mind. I'm late for Wangzi's christmas party!

"Oh my god! I'm going to be late!" I shouted, she too shouted the same thing.

GuiGui ran away after saying a few words, I shouted a few words but I guess she can't really hear them since she's so far away. Just as I was about to walk away, I saw something on the floor. I picked it up and realized that it was a box that had a silver ring in it. The words "Forever" engraved skillfully on the ring. It must have been GuiGui's item, I'm gonna keep it and return to her if I ever see her.

I went to get my car, parked on the other side of the road. I got into it and drove off to Wangzi's house.

GuiGui's POV

I parked my car on the road just outside Wangzi's house and went inside. Knocking on the door, I waited for someone to open it.

"You're finally here Gui!" XiaoXun hugged me. "Woah, in the christmas spirit aren't you?" she commented on my clothes after breaking from the hug.

"Yeah. Here's both yours and wangzi's present." I gave her the plastic bag.

"Oh thanks." she took a peek inside.

She took out a little box and opened it.

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah, but why is there only one? Shouldn't there be two?"

"There is another box in there, isn't it?" I questioned.

"No?"

"Oh my.. Don't tell me!" I remembered the incident just now.

-Recall-
A car narrowly missed me as someone grabbed me off the road. My things scattered all over the pavement as I dropped my bags in surprise.
-End of recall-

"Don't tell you what?" Xiaoxun poked me in the sides.

"I think I dropped it. Sorry!"

"Oh.. That's okay. Christmas is not about taking, it's about giving." XiaoXun looked disappointed.

Just then, someone walked through the front door.

"Oh hey Aaron!" XiaoXun waved.

Aaron...? Why does that name sounds so familar? OHHH! I know! That Aaron who saved me.

"Hi XiaoXun." he looked at xiaoxun , then looked at me.

He seemed a little surprised, finding me here.

"Hello GuiGui!" he walked towards us.

"Hey."

"You two know each other?" Xiaoxun tilted her head to the side.

"Yeaps, we bumped into each other at the couple shop,literally." Aaron answered.

"Speaking of which, I think you dropped a ring." he took out a little box.

"You're my lifesaver! Thank you!" I took the box from him and gave it to XiaoXun.

"XiaoXun, over here!" Wangzi came into view and pulled XiaoXun away but not before shouting a hello to Aaron and a thanks to me.

"Erm, thank you." I smiled shyly.

"How about you thank me by letting me have a dance with you?" Aaron reached out his hand as a soft music started playing in the background.

"Sure." I took his hand.

I put the other hand on his shoulder and felt his arm tighten around my waist.

"I just realized something?" he asked.

"what?"
"I don't have a christmas present for you."

"Me too."

"How about you be my christmas present? I liked you since I met you outside the shop and I hope you'll give me a chance."

I nodded slowly, knowing that I've got my own personal christmas present .