I/I

Heroes

 

(Playlist that I made to go along with the fic - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNa2uTesOPqKO6Memk5WGqNwzxH-qOrLd)


 

 

"Hey. Is that Haru?" Sanghyuk asked, shouting over the music. The beat was slow because it was some song, that had probably been on repeat for the third time. No one cared because everyone was lazing around, letting the high from the hash brownies hit them in peace. 

"Did you know she was here?" he asked. "That's the.... tenty-oneth? ten plus one? Let's just say ten. That's the tenth time you've asked me" Dennis replied. "I'm still surprised at her being here" Sanghyuk said with a frown. "Get out of here. You are ruining my high" Dennis grumbled, turning over to the other side of the bean bag. "Traitor" Sanghyuk grumbled.

He lay back down, looking at Haru. The entire room felt like a scene from an indie movie with the lighting turned low, a game of truth and dare going on that was going to end hilariously wrong because Mike was gay but he also liked Rose and he had no idea but she did. And people had disappeared to god knows where and he suspected that the glass crashing he had heard earlier had something to do with it. It's like his father had said. This entire generation of white kids was a mess, he thought as he laughed mentally.

And in the middle of it all was Haru, looking too put together for this hot mess. 

"Day by day, Haru Haru yeaah" he sang as he made his way over and sat next to her on the floor. "Uh... Sanghyuk?" Haru asked, really confused by his sudden appearance. He was clearly high but she had no idea why he was sitting next to her now. He smiled at her and she was even more confused. She should have just left the party an hour ago the moment she had been ditched by her friend.

"I haven't seen you around. What’s a lady like you doing in a place like this?" he asked her playfully. "Regretting my life choices" she deadpanned. He laughed, shaking his head and leaning against the bean bag she wasn't using. Haru fiddled with her skirt awkwardly, wondering how to get out of this conversation. She turned around to look at him and she found him smiling peacefully at the ceiling. He smiled at her and closed his eyes and she shifted so she could look at him instead of craning her neck around.

"I don't suppose you saw Catherine did you?" she asked him. "I think she's making out with Jim. Or John. Or maybe that was Ann. Who knows?" he said bopping his nose on the word 'knows'. Haru nodded, unsure of why asking him in this state was a good idea. 

"Do you listen to Blue Melancholy?" he asked her. "I don't know who that is. Sorry" she said apologetically. "He's an indie artist. Upcoming. Not famous but I hope he will be someday. He plays at the local bar" Sanghyuk told her. "Okay...." Haru replied, not knowing the relevance of this conversation. "It's his song playing you know. Got the CD when I met him at the bar" Sanghyuk bragged.

"Do you like Indie music a lot?" Haru asked him. "Yeah" he said with a broad smile. In that moment he looked peaceful and that moved Haru. He closed his eyes again and the moment was gone. "I've only ever heard indie music in movie soundtracks actually" she said, to no one in particular. She wasn't sure Sanghyuk was listening because he was staring into space now, unnervingly thoughtful. 

She received a text from Catherine saying she had left with Jimmy and Haru cursed mentally. If she was to be abandoned Catherine could have done that before she had managed to land in this awkward situation. "Do you think you could drive me home?" Sanghyuk asked her out of the blue. Haru took a moment to comprehend the request. 

"Sure. Where do you live?" she asked him. "The intersection at 70th and 6th. I can make my way from there" he told her. "That's far. But okay. It's not very far from where I stay" she shrugged. She had an hour till curfew and she could be a little late. She quickly texted her mother before getting up and helping Sanghyuk up. He staggered a little before gathering his things and following her to her car. No one stopped them or said anything except a grunt from Dennis in response to Sanghyuk's extra loud goodbye.

"Are you okay?" Haru asked worriedly when Sanghyuk just leaned against the door of her car instead of getting in. He nodded, grinning at her again before getting in. "Just don't throw up in my car or something" she prayed as he stumbled his way through putting on a seatbelt seat belt and locking the door. She started her car and pulled out of parking space to head towards 70th street. It was ten blocks away but she didn't expect any traffic given the hour.

"Take the right from 65th and drive up to the 6th from that road. It'll be faster. 67th is sealed" he told her. "Okay" she said, trusting him on this one. She rarely travelled to this area and had planned on following gps navigation. She concentrated on the roads and street signs and missed Sanghyuk turning on the music player. He started singing along to a Birdy song. "Sing along?" he suggested. She shook her head. "I'm good" she said, turning down the offer. He shrugged and hummed the lyrics. 

Haru discreetly snuck a glance at Sanghyuk. This was Han Sanghyuk. She knew him pretty well. Being one of the few Asian kids at a private school gave you a reputation but he defied all of it. While Haru was an example of the study-hard stereotype, Sanghyuk had been carefree. He was the kind who slept in classes, got detention for turning in his homework late, goofed off in gym class and so on. She had no idea what to think of him now, sitting in her car and singing along to her music. She had no idea why he had come over to talk to her in the first place.

"You are so odd Sanghyuk" she said mentally. 

 

 

 

"Did you drive me home?" Sanghyuk asked Dennis. It was a Monday and the school cafeteria was loud and the food because no one cared enough for nutrition at this god forsaken place. "I had no clue where you disappeared to after a while. I vaguely remember you saying bye but that's it" Dennis told him. 

"I left my jacket in that person's car I think. And that had the papers for my driver’s license test" he groaned. ". Maybe ask Mike if you left it at his place. Also did you know that Rose and Mike made out on Saturday night? I think those two are avoiding each other now" Dennis said, cutting into the chocolate muffin he had brought. "Talk about awkward" Sanghyuk said. He got up, looking around and trying to spot Mike.

"Sanghyuk?" a voice cut in. "That's me" he said, turning around to face the person. Sanghyuk frowned because it was Lee Haru and this was the first time someone like her had talked to someone like him in school. Publicly. She was known to be one of the brighter students and definitely the opposite of everything he was claimed to be. She got straight As and wore neatly ironed uniforms to school and came first in sports events. What was she doing here?

"You kind of left your jacket in my car the other night" she said, holding up the said jacket. "You drove me home?" he asked her in surprise. "Yeah. You should check and see if you still have everything. If there is something missing you can check in my car again" she told him. Her words were brisk and Sanghyuk could tell that people were looking and whispering. He checked his pockets and sure enough his papers were still there. He had found his phone and wallet and keys on his bedside table yesterday so he was pretty sure he had everything he had taken to the party.

"It's all here. Thank you" he told her. "For driving me home and bringing my jacket back" he said, holding it up. "It's cool" she shrugged before leaving. "Talk about awkward" Dennis snorted, throwing his phrase back at him. "When the did I talk Lee Haru into driving me home. How high were we?" Sanghyuk asked in a hushed whisper. "Very if we forgot this miracle happening. I didn't even know she was at the party" Dennis told him. "Crazy" Sanghyuk said.

"It's Chemistry next period. Are you going to skip that period again?" Dennis asked him. "Is it Brown again?" Sanghyuk asked. "It's a sub today I think" Dennis said. "Thank god. Brown hates me, I swear" Sanghyuk grumbled, digging into his lunch. "Well he loves your mysterious god mother Lee Haru. Just drop hints that you both are buddy buddy and maybe he will go easy on you" Dennis teased. "Ugh. He's so creepy" Sanghyuk cried.

"I don't get it though. Aren't you supposed to be smart cause you are Asian? How are you failing Math and Sciences?" Dennis asked him. "First of all, that's extremely racist. Second of all, Calculus is literally greek and latin letters. How the hell is anyone expected to understand?" Sanghyuk complained. "Lee Haru does. I heard she got selected to represent the school in one of those science decathlons too" Dennis told him.

"All that makes me wonder is what was she doing at one of.... our lowkey parties" Sanghyuk said. "I don't know. But clearly she was sober enough to drive and not be fined or jailed as far as I know. So she parties better than you too" Dennis said. " you" Sanghyuk growled. "I think I would prefer her over you for that too" Dennis said, getting hit by Sanghyuk in response.

 

 

 

Sanghyuk fiddled with the guitar strings. The fourth string was starting to sound funky and he was sure it was out of tune but he could find his tuner. So for now he was stuck working with whatever he had left which frankly was nothing. He absentmindedly fiddled with the chords, trying to block out the screaming coming from the living room. After a point, he just sighed and gave up deciding to head out to Dennis'. He packed up his guitar and took his phone and jacket.

He stepped out into the living room to be greeted by both of his parents. "Where are you going?"  Eunjung, his mother asked him. "A friend's house" he replied. Hyukjae, his father moved to say something but his mother stopped him. "No let him say it. I'm pretty sure I know the words anyways" Sanghyuk said acidly. "Do you see the way he talks to me?" Hyukjae yelled at Eunjung.

"At least I am talking instead of screaming" Sanghyuk yelled back. "Just go Sanghyuk" Eunjung told him, glaring at Hyukjae. "Yes go ahead and leave. Maybe someone out there will take in a smart talking lazy child with no qualifications" Hyukjae said. "Maybe they will pity a fatherless orphan" Sanghyuk yelled before rushing out of the house.

This was the story of every night god damn it. What had he done to deserve this? His father hated him. He knew it was because he wasn't smart and he wasn't living up to the high academic standards his paternal family set. Sanghyuk was tired of listening to the same thing again and again and again. He just wasn't the ideal kid despite how hard he had tried to change it. It wasn't his fault. Or maybe it was but he just didn't understand subjects the way his father had at school or his mother probably. And the words hurt the most even when he willed himself to not listen to them.

Sanghyuk ended up sitting on a park bench instead of going anywhere. The park was big and crowded enough to get him some privacy. His guitar rested next to him against the armrest and he wiped his tears away. He didn't mean to cry. He was 16 and a high school junior. 16 year olds didn't cry. How long had he been here anyways?

"Sanghyuk, are you okay?" Haru asked, waving at him. "You’re literally the last person I need to see right now" Sanghyuk said fiercely. He had forgotten that she lived nearby too. But he didn't want her here. The last thing he wanted to see was someone who was succeeding so easily at all the things he had failed so miserably at.

Haru took a step back, not expecting the animosity. "I'm sorry" she apologised. She gave him the bottle of water she had been holding on to for him before walking away. Sanghyuk looked away, leaving the bottle of water untouched on the side.

 

 

 

 

 

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Sanghyuk asked Haru. Haru shared a look with Catherine who was frowning at Sanghyuk. "I guess" she said unsurely. "Okay" he said quietly. "Do you want me to wait for you?" Catherine asked Haru. "Its cool. I'll come directly to class" she told her. Catherine nodded, moving out of the way and leaving the two of them in the staircase. Luckily the landing was wide enough to let people through without them blocking it.

"I'm sorry about yesterday" Sanghyuk said before she could aay anything. He avoided looking at her, trying to get the apology over with. "I guess it was a bad time. Are you okay though?" she asked him worriedly. "Yeah. Just a stressful day" he lied. "I didn't want to take it out on you." "It's okay. It's whatever" she assured him. The two of them looked around awkwardly. 

"I didn't know you played the guitar. You should play for the school talent shows someday" she said, making small talk. "I'm not good enough to perform on the stage yet" he said nervously. "I'd still love to hear you play someday" she said with a small smile. "We should probably get to class now though. It's Mr Brown's first day back and I don't want him exploding on us" Haru remembered. "You should go ahead. I'll be a minute" Sanghyuk said. 

"You're sure you are alright?" Haru asked him. "Yeah. Totally" Sanghyul said, waving her off. "Okay" she said, before walking downstairs to class. Sanghyuk watched her go before heading upstairs. The roof floor would be unlocked and he could rest their for an hour. No one came there except for some seniors wanting to be left alone. No one talked to anyone and everyone was fine by that.

"My class is on the floor below Mr Han" an imposing voice said, straightening Sanghyuk out. "Mr Brown?" he said weakly. "I assumed you were heading to my class because it's the class you have next. Am I incorrect in this assumption?" Edmund Brown asked him. Sanghyuk shook his head. "I was just off to grab my books Sir" he replied. "You better be in my class in the next five minutes before the bell rings Mr Han. I will not take kindly to your tardiness" Brown told him. Sanghyuk nodded before rushing past Brown and to his locker to get his bag.

"You're late Mr Han" Brown said with a scowl when Sanghyuk did reach the class. "I'm sorry" Sanghyuk apologised, knowing it would fall on deaf ears. "Make your way to the end of the class and stand at the back. I told you tardiness will not be tolerated in my class" he said, assigning punishment. Sanghyuk sighed. It was still two minutes to the official class timing but he wouldn't listen to reason. He saw Haru frowning at him worriedly when he walked past her but he didn't reply or let it show that it was bothering him. 

"Right. So if you can get us started on the topic that the sub left us off at yesterday" Brown said pointing specifically at Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk fumbled for a moment because he had skipped class yesterday and he had no idea what had been taught. He looked at Dennis who was turning pages on his haphazardly kept notes. He was about to say that he had no idea when he saw Haru angling a notebook with a large word written in marker ink.

"We were... we were discussing" Sanghyuk started, buying time to read and reply. "Sto- stochiometry" he said saving himself in time. Haru pulled the book away quickly when Brown turned to look at her. He scowled at Sanghyuk before telling him to return to his seat and went on to write on the blackboard. He mouthed a quick thank you to Haru who gave him a thumbs up before turning front again. He ignored the way Dennis was frowning at him or Cathy was furiously whispering with her.

 

 

 

"Hey" Sanghyuk said, waving at Haru who was sitting in a corner and reading. "Don't tell me you are studying now. It's a party!"  he groaned, looking at the book in her lap. "I can explain. I have the first round of this decathlon tomorrow and I really need to get these formulae into my head" she replied. "Breathe" Sanghyuk said, surprised by the intense anxiety in her tone.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. I just. Catherine wanted to come to this party and she didn't want to come alone and so she kind of persuaded me to come along but this was clearly a bad idea" Haru said in a rush. "Haru, are you okay?" Sanghyuk asked her, bending down to her level. She nodded, going back to her book. Sanghyuk frowned, closing the book in her lap.

"Sanghyuk!" Haru cried indignantly. "Are you sure you are okay?" he asked her firmly. She wanted to say yes  but the firm grip  on her book betrayed trembles and her eyes were a little panicked. Sanghyuk could tell that these were the symptoms of a panic attack and they seemed to be getting worse by the moment. 

"Take a deep breathe" he instructed. Haru's stance only tightened up in tension at the suggestion. "Trust me okay" he said, before putting his hands on her shoulder. He took in a deep breathe and she followed. He felt the muscles under his hand relax as he kept up the exercise and eventually he let go of her slowly. "Let's get you out of here" he  suggested. He helped her up before leading her out of the house. They ended up on the street, taking short walks to and from the place in order to keep Haru calm.

"I'm going to fail the qualifiers tomorrow" she said, stopping completely at one point. "You won't. You are one of the smarter people I know" he told her. "I'm not good enough for this Sanghyuk. I'm an entire year behind the other participants and there's just been so much to learn and -" Haru took a moment to breathe, her heart dropping in anxiety. Sanghyuk was by her side in an instant calming her again. 

"I'm going to fail" she told him worriedly. "So what if you do? It's just an external competition"  he  told her. "Everyone is expecting me to qualify at least. Dad's goong to be so disappointed. He wantes me to win too you know.  Just so that it looks good on college applications and stuff. Grades don't cut it and I have zero extra curricular activities" she explained. Sanghyuk’s eyes softened as she continued speaking.

"Haru. You'll be fine. And panicking won't help"  he told her. "Think about something else. Do you know Blue Melancholy? Do you listen to indie music?" he asked her. "What?" Haru asked, confused. "Upcoming band. His music calms me down. He gave me a signed CD once upon a time too you know" he told her. He smiled even though it wasn't the time too.

"That explains you mentioning it at the party all that time ago" she said slowly. "I talked about Blue Melancholy with you?" he asked her. She nodded. "I regret not remembering that night then" he said wistfully. "Maybe someday I'll take you to listen to his music. You'll love it" he assured her. She nodded, trying to gain her bearings.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to panic on you" she apologised when she could think clearly. "I understand. Strict Dad?" he asked knowingly. "Worse. The kind who believes in you and silently supports you even if you fail. That only ever leaves you feeling useless and guilty" she said looking at her feet. "It's better than what mine does" Sanghyuk said. "What does he do?" Haru asked with a frown. "He only remembers I exist long enough to express disappointments" he told her. "That " Haru exclaimed. "But such is my sad life" he said dismissively. 

"I don't think that way" she told him. "You're too kind for your own good. Do you want me to drive you home?" he asked. She shook her head. "Breathe?" he reminded her. She shook her head but took a few deep breathes anyways. "You know, I have my guitar in my car and you look like you could use a tune or two."

 

 

 

"Since when are you friends with Sanghyuk?" Catherine asked Haru as they were entering class. "He's just a friend. We've been friends for a while" she replied. She ignored Catherine's look in favour of waving at Sanghyuk. He waved back before going to talk to his friend whose name Haru kept forgetting. 

"I don't remember since when we have been friends actually. But he's brilliant. He plays the guitar and he writes songs too. Simple stuff but he played for me once and I thought he sounded amazing" she told Catherine with a huge smile. "Why does it sound like you have a crush on him? I thought you were busy studying but clearly Han Sanghyuk has been a distraction" Catherine replied.

"Miss Lee. If you will take a seat" Mr Brown said standing at the door. "Sorry Sir" she said, the two if them getting inti class. "And as distractions go, you could do worse" he said, indicating he had heard their conversation earlier. Haru coloured but refused to say anything. Sanghyuk who had been frowning her way got a look from Brown and he went back to his own textbook. 

"Let's turn to the homework I gave yesterday. Sanghyuk. What is the answer for number 3?" he asked sharply. "Forty five?" Sanghyuk answered,  knowing he had gotten it wrong. "Fifteen. It's off by  a factor of 3" Brown said dismissively. "What about question four? It's a tricky one and I won't be surprised if you get it wrong and it's too hard for.your simple brain."

A tense silence descended over the class. "What about the answer Mr Han?" Brown asked impatiently. "Five moles per litre?" Sanghyuk answered weakly. "Question five" Brown thundered. "Six? Seven? Eight?" he asked before Sanghyuk could reply. "Did you even do this homework Mr Han? I believe you don't consider this class important enough but its about time you stop gallivanting about with Miss Lee and decreasing both your academic performances"  Mr Brown said sharply. 

"I believe this is the reason she didn't qualify for the decathlon you prepared so hard for, isn't it?" Brown asked her. "The results are out?" Sanghyuk asked out loud by mistake. "Indeed and while I had no reason to doubt Miss Lee's work since I had personally coached her for it, I see perfectly why she wasn't able to concentrate enough to even qualify" Brown said acidly.

There was a sort of murmur in the class when Haru stood up. "Sir, this isn't fair. Sanghyuk isn't responsible for my failures" she told him. "Haru no"  Sanghyuk started, knowing standing up to Edmund Brown when he was in one of his moods was a very bad idea. And he had no idea why Brown had decided to drag her along today. And this seemed to be getting messier by the second and Haru didn't need this.

"And that being said, I am lucky to be his friend. He isn't horrible and carefree but really brilliant and talented if you'd give him the time" she argued. For a moment she stared right at him and Sanghyuk jumped in to stop something else from happening. "I'm really sorry for distracting her Sir" Sanghyuk apologised before anything more could be said. 

"Get out of my class" Brown yelled. Haru took her books and walked out before Sanghyuk could barely catch up to her. She kept walking fast enough to make him run after her. "Where are you going?" Sanghyuk asked, when he finally caught up to her. "To the school counsellor. Personal vendetta against students is illegal and strong basis for complaint. Plus his remarks today were insensitive and can constitute as harassment" she added firmly as she kept walking. 

"You can't just get up and complain against a teacher! Mr Brown is always like this to me. He must have just been upset about the decathlon since he coached you and stuff" Sanghyuk pointed out. "Does not give him the right to behave this way with you" she protested. "Look. Haru. Be realistic. The chances of getting him bumped off on a single complaint are zero. And if he stays and he comes to know about this he will make your life miserable and you don't deserve that" Sanghyuk reasoned.

"And you do? It's okay for him to behave this way to you? Hating you for no reason other than because you are an easy target to him?" Haru asked him. "It doesn't even matter anymore. He's been like this to me the entire year" he said dismissively. "It's not fair Sanghyuk!" she argued. "Life isn't fair Haru!" he told her. She bit her tongue and said nothing more. Sanghyuk regretted yelling at her instantly but saying anything would continue this argument.

She took off again, walking directly into the school counsellor's office. Sanghyuk kicked the wall in frustration hoping the consequences wouldn't be awful for her. She was an idiot. Why did she have to go defending him and fighting for him? Was she crazy? Her hard work, her entire career would be ruined if this stuck iut as a black mark on her record. And he knew how much pressure she was under. Damnit. He thought he could only screw up his life and not others' by association too.

 

 

 

"Good morning Mr and Mrs Han. I've been meaning to call this meeting for a while now" Mrs Grey said. Sanghyuk stood quietly by the end. He hadn't expected his parents to be called into the principal's office. The complaint Haru had made had been escalated to the school authorities. After investigation by the school counsellor who also happened to be present at the meeting, Mr Brown had been placed at temporary suspension and Haru’s parents as well as his had been called. He had seen Haru leave the room earlier with a serious face and he had known this would not end well.

"What exactly is the matter Mrs Grey? Sanghyuk was a little vaue about the entire issue" Eunjung said worriedly. "I'm afraid this is a rather serious issue. Your son unfortunately has been victim to unsolicited personal vendetta by a teacher which was only beought to our attention recently by a classmate of his. We would like to formally apologise for this oversight. We have taken care to correct this by firing the teacher in question and also having all of Sanghyuk’s grades by the same teacher re-evaluated" Mrs Grey told them.

"What do you mean?" Hyukjae asked. "We've had complaints against the teacher for a while but only recently did we realize that he had been personally targetting your son. We've taken measures to correct this. His grades have improved significantly"  Mrs Grey said. "How could you let this happen? What kid of school is sp ignorant towards their own children?" Hyukjae asked angrily. "Dad, it's okay really" Sanghyuk tried to pacify him.

"No this isn't! What about the trauma that my child has to experience? How is he supposed to perform well in school if he is being bullied by his own teacher?" Hyukjae asked. "I am going to agree with my husband here. Just his grades improving is not enough" Eunjung insisted. "If I may jump in on this" the counsellor interrupted. "Sanghyuk will get mandatory counselling from me to ensure this doesn't cause lasting damage. His other teachers unanimously agreed that this experience won't affect their judgement and evaluation of him. In fact quite a few have volunteered to help him catch up should he feel that he hasn't been able to concentrate enough on his subjects due to to this" the kind lady explained.

"Mr Han. Mrs Han. Your concerns are valid but we will ensure there are no further repercussions of this event" she concluded. "I trust there better not be" Hyukjae said standing up. "None whatsoever. There will be no marks in his disciplinary record and no effect on his grading" Mrs Grey assured them. Hos parents took their leave and left but Sanghyuk was called back. "I'd suggest talking to Miss Lee, Mr Han. She was the one who spoke to other teachers on behalf of you to ensure this" the counsellor told him. "Which is definitely against protocol as we've reminded her. You'd do well to keep that in mind as well" Mrs Grey told him. Sanghyuk nodded dumbly before leaving the office. Haru had spoken to the other teachers?

"Are you okay?" Hyukjae asked him. "I'm sorry Dad. I know you didn't want this trouble"  Sanghyuk started. "Nonsense. If anything of this sort happens then you come to us. No son of mine is going to be bullied by his teachers. We'll instantly shift schools if you need to"  Hyukjae instructed him. "I thought you didn't care" Sanghyuk blurted out in disbelief. 

"Of course we care about you Sanghyuk. You're our son. You just make us worry sometimes"  Eunjung told him, petting his head. "We're just worried about your future son. We want the best for you and sometimes that requires us to push you to work hard" she added. Sanghyuk nodded, deciding to walk ahead instead. Hyukjae and Eunjung shared a look before following him.

 

 

 

 

"Look out of your window" Haru read the text out loud. Her eyebrows furrowed a she reread her text from Sanghyuk. She hesitated not knowing if she should reply or not. The last time she had spoken to him was before her lodging the complaint officially. They had fought and she had only seen him in the principal's office in the passing. 

He had been right about consequences. While her complaint had been escalated, her talking about it to the other teachers hadn't been received well. She hadn't known that such complaints were confidential and couldn't be discussed during investigation. But she had only done it to ensure that her actions didn't have consequences on Sanghyuk. And that had led to a fight with Catherine. As a result of all the stress, she had asked for some time off from school which the authorities had been glad to permit. Best if she rely after the excitement had calmed down. 

That had been three days ago. Haru hadn't returned to school ever since and consequently not talked to anyone she knew. And now she wasn't sure if she should reply to Sanghyuk or not. She was curious but she also didn't want to face him. After a moment or two of dilly dallying she let curiosity get better of her and looked out of her window. Sure enough, Han Sanghyuk was there with paper in his hand. 

"Blue Melancholy is playing in town tonight. I got us fake IDs" he told her over text. "Give me a minute" she replied before rushing over to fix her hair. She was wearing a plaid shirt and jeans which she guessed would suffice. She put in her socks and converse and headed downstairs, taking enough care not to wake her parents up. She locked the front door behind her before heading over to where Sanghyuk was standing.

"Hi" he said, grinning at her. "Hey" she said awkwardly. "I got us fake IDs to get into a bar" he said. "It's a roundabout way of saying sorry and thank you for whatever you did too" he said, addressing the elephant in the room. "Don't mention it. In fact, don't actually ever mention it"  Haru said burying her head in her hands. Sanghyuk laughed before hugging her. "Let's go before we miss the show" he told her. He took her hand and ran all the way back to his car.