final

A Boy or A Man

Mir watched as Hongbin danced to Zinni. His heart almost stopped but his physical was professional enough not to lose his mind, so he didn't lose his smile and his mischief as he enjoyed the recording, though as they were taking a short break, he saw how Hongbin approached Zinni almost immediately, engaging the girl into a conversation. Mir watched silently from far and gritted his teeth at the way rosy hue tinted Zinni's pale skin. He crossed his hands and clenched on his arms in order to restrain the beast of jealousy growling in his chest.

                He wanted to look away from that view. Hell, he wanted to just shut his eyes and closed his ears, totally blocking every senses of him from noticing how happy and bashful Zinni was acting with Hongbin, yet he couldn't. He must have been a masochist for still wanting to watch what was hurting him to no end.

                Even when a hand grabbed on his shoulder, massaging the tense muscle there, Mir still couldn't look away. "Mir." Seungho's voice, followed by a tug, and Mir was turned from the lovely scene of Hongbin with Zinni until he was facing the leader of MBLAQ instead. "The PD is asking for us MCs." Seungho informed.

                Mir blinked, trying his best to calm himself down. He stole a side glance at Zinni for the last time, just in time to see Zinni lovingly giggle at Hongbin's words while smacking gently at Hongbin's arm. Really... He was probably a masochist indeed...

 

#####

 

Seungho watched as Mir walked ahead of him before he followed his maknae's step with heavy sigh. He already knew Mir held Zinni special in heart since the first recording they did together as couple in All The Kpop. He could see beyond the professional mask Mir wore during recording. He knew Mir was dying with jealousy right now and even if Mir was masking it, he was afraid that the maknae would finally burst in rage.

                In every means, Mir wasn't a scary person and it took a lot to anger the kind little but when he got jealous or someone somehow finally succeeded in grating his nerves, even Seungho would admit he would be a little bit afraid of the side that Mir might showed up.

                Once the usually pushover little maknae reached his limit, Mir wouldn't hesitate to take his revenge. All the conscience would left him. He would have no lingering guilt to stop him from hurting someone. Seungho never experienced that side of Mir in first person but he definitely had seen it before and he swore not to get on Mir's bad side.

                Seungho glanced at Zinni who was now talking to Ellin while Hongbin stay stuck with the two girls, listening in. He let out another sigh. What would Mir do to that poor girl, he wondered.

 

#####

 

"People heart changes." Mir said coldly, eyes not even glancing in Zinni's way.

                And impressively, Zinni was able to hide the real hurt that was torturing her fragile hurt at this moment as she stared at Mir, examining the younger boy.

                "She's fine." Mir said again when he was asked about Zinni's feeling on him going for another girl idol in this coupling segment.

                Rather than the words, it was the tone Mir was using that hurt her more because Zinni knew Mir meant each and every single words. This wasn't just for the show. Mir was discreetly sending her the signal. Though, she couldn't really say that she wasn't to be blamed at all since she had been quite close with Hongbin since the start of the recording. But it wasn't like she was flirting. Fine! If Mir wanted to play this game with her, then two can play at it!

                So, she rejected Mir's appeal to her coldly when it was her turn in the couple choosing segment. Yet, she was hurt again at Mir jokingly or rather, teasing fake hurt expression at her rejection as if he was screaming on her face, saying he never really want her in the first place.

                Then, she went to the next stage. She went for Hongbin, knowing this would make Mir jealous even more. Mir was being mean to her for the whole day because of Hongbin, so why not use Hongbin to win in this game between the two of them? Mir and her.

                It all went smoothly and though Zinni happily smiled in front of the camera when it was established that Hongbin and her was a couple, she couldn't help but subtly glance at Mir, hoping to see Mir's eyes on her. No, it wasn't. Mir was looking at the camera. Being indifferent for the whole day except for simple obvious fake jealousy on her and Hongbin. That's it! She had enough!

 

#####

 

"Unni... Did you break up with Mir?" Ellin asked, sipping on her strawberry smoothy as she eyed Zinni with a lot of interest and curiosity.

                Zinni was taken aback that Ellin knew that she was with Mir in the first place. "Huh? What are you talking about?"

                Ellin grinned. "Don't deflect, unni. Seungho oppa told me. He even told me that Mir hasn't been in the best mood these days. It's gloomy in MBLAQ dorm."

                Zinni rose one brow at Ellin. "You're still in contact with Seungho?" She smirked when she noticed pale blush across Ellin's cheeks. "Are you and Seungho..." She trailed of and jerked her eyebrows teasingly.

                "Yah~ We're talking about you and Mir." Ellin whined.

                Zinni let out a heavy breath as she leaned back on her seat, eyes wandering around the cafe, seeing a few idols in disguise was having fun as well in this cafe, thanks to the owner of the cafe who was also used to work in the same field.

                This cafe was always filled with idols and celebrities alike. To chill out. Or to even secretly date each other without being exposed. Mir was the one who had told Zinni about the existence of such cafe and this place had been her favorite getaway since.

                 "There's nothing to talk about. It's over."

                "You don't look good." Ellin commented. "Maybe you still love him?"

                Zinni frowned, seemingly disagree at Ellin's straight up words. "No." She answered simply.

                "Why? He loves you." Ellin continued, her stare unwavering even though Zinni was shooting her with glare. "And you're lying. You still love him. I don't even know why you decided to break it off when you guys love each other."

                "That's not important."

                Ellin looked genuinely shocked. "Eh? What would be then if that's not important. Love is the reason to date."

                "You're still young, Ellin. You wouldn't understand." Zinni said weakly.

                Ellin leaned forward, planting her chin on both of her palms. "Try me."

                Zinni paused for a moment before she smiled in defeat. "I want someone I can trust. I want someone that can stay forever with me. Someone I can rely on. I want a man. Not a jealous boy."

                Ellin hummed in thought. "But, what if the one you love still a boy, not a man? You're still going to leave that boy and go for a loveless relationship?"

                "Love can be established slowly."

                Ellin laughed. "Ani, unni. I might be young but I know love doesn't come easily. Once you let go of it, there's no guarantee you can find another."

                That left Zinni in a long thought...

                Not just Zinni. But also Mir who was eavesdropping the conversation with a blank look on his face. Wondered what he was thinking of...

 

#####

 

Zinni looked around the cafe until she saw Ellin waving enthusiastically at her with wide grin from a hidden corner of the cafe. She smiled back and sauntered to the corner and raised her brow when she saw Seungho was sitting next to Ellin.

                "What is this? Why are you inviting me out if you are on a date?" Zinni asked once she took a seat opposite to the couple.

                Seungho and Ellin smiled at each other and Seungho pinched Ellin's pink cheek lovingly, making a slight jealousy rose up in the pit of Zinni stomach. Mir used to do that at her. He had been missing the boy a lot and after having a long thought over the last talk she had with Ellin, she ended up trying to call Mir a few times only to end up with voicemail. She wonder if Mir intentionally rejecting her call... She should asked Seungho while the MBLAQ member was here.

                Zinni opened but stopped when she felt shame washing over her. She was the one breaking it off between Mir and her. And Seungho knew that. Knew that she had dumped Mir just like that. How can she asked Seungho about Mir then?

                "What is it, Unni? Are you bored?" Ellin asked.

                "Ani. I'm fine."

                "Ayy... You look like you'd rather be anywhere but here." Ellin teased.

                "Luckily, we brought her a date." Seungho piped in with mischievous smile that was now matching the one on Ellin's lips.

                "What? Date?"

                "Yup! Today will be our double date." Ellin exclaimed excitedly.

                Zinni rolled her eyes, grabbing her handbag. "I'm off. I'm not ready for an arranged date." She said and tried to walk off but stopped dead once she turned around and saw a pair of army boots she knew well of. Her eyes trailed upwards and finally met with Mir's unreadable gaze. It was silence for a few seconds until Zinni snickered. "Disappointed to find out your exciting new date turn out to be me?" She spat. She was still spiteful at Mir for ignoring her calls for a few weeks now and at the thought that Mir had finally moved on, proven with Mir's oh-so-kind leader.

                Zinni walked past Mir, bumping her shoulder against Mir intentionally when he felt a warm hand clasped around her wrist. "I didn't know." He said.

                Zinni didn't turn around. "So do I."

                Zinni yanked her hands out of Mir's grasp and ran out of the cafe. Just one touch. Just one feel of Mir's skin against hers and she was almost wiped away by strong wave of emotion, mostly longing. Yet, Mir didn't feel like he was affected like her.

                "Chase after her." Seungho ordered.

                "She needs a man, not a boy." Mir said sharply and went off but was stopped by Seungho and a fist landed on his cheek unexpectedly.

                "I had enough of this annoying maknae rebellion. If she wants a man, then be a ing man! Man up and tell her you love her!" Seungho said, towering over the fallen maknae who was still in stupor after the unsuspecting blow on his face. "How long you're going to stay childish like this? Is it okay for you to see her going away from you?" Seungho stared at Mir when he suddenly saw ghost of smirk on Mir's burst lips. He would have landed another blow on Mir as he felt sudden irritation that Mir still able to smirk in this kind of condition if not for Ellin holding him back by clinging on his arm with all she got.

                Mir wiped away the blood that trickled down the corner of his lips and picked himself up, dusting himself off. "That hurts." Mir said, taking a step closer to Seungho. "Thanks, hyung." Mir smiled, this time not the kind of dark one but sincere almost adorable one before the maknae took off.

                "Wow... If I know I can get my maknae back with this way, I would have long punch the light out of him." Seungho mused, looking down at his clenched fist in amazement until she felt light smack on his arm. "Oww! What was that for?"

                "I hate violence!" Ellin pouted and stomped out of the cafe.

                Seungho groaned. If only he hadn't fallen for that girl. Now, really? Yang Seungho had to chase after his girl, apologizing on his knees? "Wait, Ellin baby!"

 

#####

 

"I'm sorry I'm just a boy." Mir said, taking a seat next to Zinni who had stiffened at his presence. He looked forward to the calm lake in this empty park. "I'm jealous. I'm immature. I'm childish. I know that. And you don't want that."

                "Yeah! I don't want that!" Zinni said quickly, looking sharply at Mir.

                Mir's breath hitched. Okay, that really hurt. He narrowed his eyes, wanting to retort to his ex-girlfriend when Zinni continued.

                "But I still want you."

                Dup! Dup! Mir felt heat rushed to his cheeks as he stared down in disbelief at Zinni's confession. It still made his heart beat violently like the first time he heard Zinni's love confession at him.

                "The childish you. The jealous you. The immature you. All of you. I don't like it. But, it's still you. I want you."

                "I thought... You don't love me no more. And before me, there was Hongbin. You and him-" Mir whispered, almost sound like he was whimpering and when Zinni turned her head to finally look at Mir, her heart skipped a bit at the adorable kicked puppy look on Mir's face.

                "That was only for the show, Cheolyong. Between you and me, now, that's real. This is real." Zinni convinced. "You're to get hurt. Is that why you're being so rebellious?" Zinni teased.

                Mir pouted adorably. "You two make a perfect couple in the episode before. I'm selfish, I know. But, I was scared you won't choose me."

                Zinni chuckled softly. "Neo cheommal... Nothing came close to perfect other than us you silly boy."

                She remembered! Now she remembered what caught her eyes on Mir at first. It was this endearing side of Mir. Side of Mir which seemed to still be in direct touch with his inner child self. Then again... What the hell she was thinking when she said she want a man when she obviously fall for the child-like Mir yet still as reliable and dependable as any other grown mature man.

                "I still love you. Deeply. You?"

                Mir frowned at Zinni. "Do you really think, I'll be dead jealous at you and Hongbin if I didn't love you?"

                Zinni chuckled when Mir sulkily looked away with ghost of pout on his shaped lips. She let down her head gently on Mir's shoulder. "Then all is well." She stated, smiling wider in bliss when she felt Mir snuggled his nose into her hair, sniffing on her hair like a little puppy he was.

                Fine! She might prefer a grown man, but who the hell can really resist such adorable and endearing boy? Ellin was right.

                He loves her and she loves him. That was all that matter...