I made it in life b'coz of you

I made it in life b'coz of you

 

 

It was a cold, windy winter night in Seoul. People are rushing to go home to avoid the cold night. Lights start to shine and light up the white streets of Seoul. Shops were wide open as they all welcome their customers. Couples were walking around children playing at the ice rink, it was indeed a winter yet beautiful night.

Kyuhyun and YongJi, a couple for almost 4 years, were walking hand in hand around the park of Seoul. They both sat to an empty swing, exchanging stories as they both glaze up at the stars.

“Oppa, how was work?” YongJi ask as she eyed her boyfriend.

“Tiring but fine.” Kyuhyun smiled warmingly.

Kyuhyun wasn’t the typical ‘Perfect Boyfriend’ as what others say. He may have the perfect look but he has nothing other than that. He’s currently working his out in a company that can go bankrupt anytime now. He receives such low amount of salary. He perfectly has no permanent place to stay since he really can’t afford on paying so he is currently staying with his co-worker Sungmin. With such a hard life he can’t even think on how he survive, and how can he picture his future.

But YongJi never look down on him. For her eyes he was perfect, the perfect man she could ever have. He may not be reach and have those loads of cars, money and other expensive stuff he still be the perfect guy for her eyes. For the past years they’ve been together Kyuhyun had proven to her and her parents that he can be with her even if he doesn’t have the money to buy her any luxurios stuff or take her to such fine dine restaurant, but he was sure that his whole heart on beats for one person in this world.

“I see.” YongJi said looking down.

She stood up from the swing and started walking few meters away from Kyuhyun. She just look up, spacing out.

“Hey, what’s bothering you?” Kyuhyun whisper as he wrap her in a warm embrace.

She didn’t relpy, instead she grab Kyuhyun’s hand that were encircled to her and push it aside. She turn around and look at him straight in the eyes.

“Oppa…” She spoke ever so dearly as Kyuhyun listen to her carefully as he smiled.

“Oppa, I’m leaving…” Kyuhyun look at her confuse.

“and I’m breaking up with you.” She said in firm voice, even though the pain was killing her inside she has to be stay strong in front of him.

“Wh-why?” Kyuhyun stutter as he stare at her in disbelief.

“Y-You c-can’t.” he said with pleading eyes as he grab her hands. YongJi pull them away as he look back at him, controlling her tears to roll down.

“I’m leaving for Paris tomorrow, I can’t stay here anymore.”

“But why bother to break up with me? I can handle long distance relationship.” He said.

“I’ll work things out for both of us.”YongJi sigh.

“How can you be sure about that? I’m sorry Kyuhyun. I can’t be with you anymore, this relationship is meaningless. This won’t last anymore and I’m cutting it off. I can’t even imagine how would my future look like if I stay with you. I’m sorry, this will be the last time we’ll see each other.” She said and walk away.

The moment she turn her back, YongJi’s tears started to flow like water falls to her eyes. She didn’t turn to face Kyuhyun back coz she’s afraid that she might change her mind.

Kyuhyun stood their dumbly. Still shock from what happened. He look at the girl he love the most as she walk away without even looking at him. Tears were rolling down his eyes as the words she just said replays.

 

 

…… 3 years later.

 

 

After putting his self back on track, Kyuhyun finally work things out on his life. He works all night and day, slogging his mind and body to make a name for himself. Finally after 3 years of struggling, and with a plenty of hard work and help from his friends he finally became one of the most outstanding CEO of a well known company.

He never indeed saw YongJi after that night, she left him with so much pain which cause almost his life. But he didn’t let himself too down and work things out he needed to prove that he’ll be somebody else in no time. Now that his finally one of the most wanted bachelor nothing can even be perfect for him.

“Whoa! Just look at you now. You finally made it Kyuhyun-ah!” His friend, Sungmin who had been dare through all this year’s congratulate him.

“Yeah, well if not with your help I would be in this place.” He said and smiled.

Kyuhyun bid his farewell to his friend and went to his car. He needed to attend a meeting in few hours now and he still need to prepare for it.

While waiting for the traffic light to go green, he spotted an old couple sharing an umbrella in the rain walking to some direction. The older man had his arms around his wife, while the old woman was holding a bouquet of flowers. Both seems to be so down.

It didn’t took him long to realize who they were, they were his girlfriend’s parents. Oh make it ex-girlfriend.  He delibrately drove slowly beside the couple,hoping they spot him in his luxury sedan. He wanted them to know that he wasn't the same anymore. He had his own company, car, condominium, etc. He had made it in life!

Before he realized it, the couple was entering a cemetery. He then park it not too far from where the couple is currently standing. He step out of his car and walk to them slowly. He could feel his heart starts to race, but he never had a clue why.

When he finally reach up close to where they were, he frozen at the sight. There he was standing few meters away from them and stare at the picture of YongJi that was place on her tombstone. It’s one of the pictures he took for her before, it was his favorite picture of her, she was smiling so sweetly in it. There were also the stuff toys he usually give to her, the letter he send to her as he tries to contact her while she’s in Paris and the promise ring he gave her on their second anniversary was place in a small glass box beside her tombstone.

YongJi’s parents and saw him. They walk to him as they guided him to her tombstone.

“Wh-what h-happened? H-how d-did th-this happened?” He ask, choke in his tears.

“Kyuhyun, she never actually left.” Mrs. Lee said. Kyuhyun turned around, confuse at what she just said.

“She never left for Paris, Kyuhyun. She never was. On the day she told me that she broke up with you, there was no night we would not hear her cry. She loves you so much son.” Kyuhyun rolls down as he stare back at YongJi’s tombstone.

“The reason why she broke up with you was her illness Kyuhyun.  She was ill stricken with cancer. For the past years she had been fighting for it. It’s hard to see her groan in pain every time the doctor would give her the treatments she needed. But do you know what she always say to us? She said that she was proud of you. In her heart, she believed that you will make it in life someday. And you did. You can’t even imagine how big her smile was when he heard about you becoming a CEO. However, she did not want her illness to be your obstacle. Therefore she chose to leave you and hide everything else.” Kyuhyun cried after hearing the words Mrs. Lee said.

“Why? Why did you hide it from me? Why didn’t you let me know? You will never be an obstacle from me. This, all this things that’s happening to me are all for you Yongji-ah. I’ve work hard coz someday I know I’ll follow and look for you, telling you that I finally make it through it all. B-but you left…” Kyuhyun cried harder.

He never expect to see her in her tombstone. All this time he only wanter to see her again and beg for her heart. But it was too late for him now.

Kyuhyun ask if he could take the ring back with him, YongJi’s parents smiled and nodded their heads. That’s was YongJi’s last wish before her last breath. She wanted to give back Kyuhyun the ring, she said it was the only thing that would remind him of her and she wanted to give to him personally but she can’t.

Kyuhyun drove back to his house and lock himself up the whole night. He wept miserably.  The worst way to miss someone is seeing them right in front of you but knowing you can't have them and will never see them again.

I made it in life b’coz of you, I will always love you Yongji, I always will ‘till I’ll die.” Kyuhyun whisper as he stares at the ring that once wore by the girl he truly loves.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End....

 

 

 

Hope you all like it :D

Please comment :D