Nini

Dreaming in Green

 

          “When will Nini come back?” Kyungsoo asked. He had spent the last several months at school without Jongin’s company and the loneliness was growing too heavy for his little heart.

          Kyungsoo’s mother quickly turned away in hesitation. She had no intention of telling her son that Jongin was gone forever. It was never her plan to be the one who would break his heart in two with the news, but she knew her son. She knew that Kyungsoo would continue to sit by the window in hopes that Jongin would show up with his blue bike, the way he had always done. She also knew that Kyungsoo wouldn’t be able to keep his head high for much longer. After all, five months without an explanation was a long time.

          “Nini won’t be coming back, my love…” She decided to say with extreme caution. “But don’t you worry, okay? He is very happy now, and… and maybe he will come to visit us when he has the time to.”

          She stood up before Kyungsoo could ask her another heart-breaking question. She began to walk away but quickly turned around to grab the newspaper from the coffee table, crumbling it as fast as she could to hide it from her son.

          She didn’t know that he had already seen one of the words from the main article.

          But ten-year-old Kyungsoo was too young to understand what  “child molester” meant.

 





          
dreaming in green..
Super short teaser to give you an idea of what the story will be about!
[10.08.2016]