END.

HOPELESS
Please log in to read the full chapter

HOPELESS

 


“The world is getting more unfair as days goes by, I mean come on, look at him! Are you looking at him? Donghyuk—” The man in question dropped his pencil on the table with a sigh, shooting his friend a sour look, before turning his head toward a group of upperclassmen across the room, eyes focusing on one in particular. “He has the looks, the personality, he’s cute, girls adore him, he’s genuinely nice, he’s smart, and he’s ing rich! Like, how…?”

He closed his eyes and counted down from ten, telling himself that their project was due in two days and that killing his partner right now wouldn’t be a good idea.

But see, Kim Donghyuk was a smart man.

A smart man with brilliant ideas.

He could just murder Junhwe after they turned in the project.

“Dammit, I'm good looking too, you know? I look good, but I lack everything he has. Life is so unfair.”

Donghyuk dragged his eyes away with group of upperclassmen little reluctance. He looked at his best friend who was gushing and fawning over his latest obsession. He rolled his eyes and inhaled deeply to keep his feelings at bay.

“If you’re done drooling over Hanbin, perhaps you could actually, I don't know… Help me?” He spoke softly, but his words were thorns, revealing his irritation. He pulled his laptop from his bag and placed it on the table. “If we finish early, you can go be emo over your life and fantasize about him later. In the meantime, shut the hell up and write.”

Junhwe bristled at Donghyuk’s words. He wasn't being emo as his friend put it; he was simply stating facts. Kim Hanbin was the literal definition of perfect; his photo was bound to be in the dictionary right next to word. Junhwe wasn't going to deny the fantasizing part, but he seriously wasn't being emotional at all. Honestly, Donghyuk was such a jerk. How dare he belittle Junhwe’s feelings and ignore Hanbin’s perfection!  He had set a vicious glare on his friend, ready to tear him to shreds when he saw Hanbin looking over at them. Junhwe’s anger melted, his expression relaxing into a smile. He brought a hand up and waved at Hanbin, who in turn, waved back, causing Junhwe to smile even wider and brighter than before. He sighed, eyes still on the older man across room, watching as Hanbin laughed at something his friend said.

“He’s perfect, really.”

Donghyuk snorted.

“He’s terrible at sports. He’s weak at—”

“He’s not weak.” Junhwe spat the word out as if it were the worst slander. “He just doesn't like sports, you prick.”

Donghyuk released a short laug

Please log in to read the full chapter