Final

Special Someone

Jiyong was looking at his shoes while walking down a pretty nice street in Tokyo, which was supposed to take him to a nearby park.

It had been three months since he moved to Japan and he couldn’t endure his sadness anymore.

He knew that all the humans were destined to be with someone. One someone in specific. That’s how the world worked. But not everything was sugar and happiness. To some people, it took years to find their special someone, and Jiyong felt like he was one of those people. He was 25 years old and since he was 18 he had started to feel like something was missing in his life, but he didn’t know what it was, until he talked with his mom. She told him that that was the exactly same feeling she had had before she met her husband, Jiyong’s father. Then, what he needed to feel complete was to find his mate. However, his mother told him not to hurry, he was still a boy after all, she was sure he was going to find his special someone soon.

Jiyong searched on internet how to find that person, but it didn’t help him at all. The only thing he found was depression. He found stories of people who started feeling lonely at the age of 20 but found their mates until 30 or 40 years old. He didn’t want to be one of those persons. He was only 18 years old and he already felt desperate to find his special someone, how was he going to wait until 40 years old? He couldn’t imagine it.

And because of that, when he was 20, he started searching. He had no idea who was he looking for, he only went out and walked without really knowing where to go. After school he searched on his way home. When he didn’t have homework, he went out and looked for someone. His mother told him that when he finds that person, he was going to know it. His heart was going to tell him.

That’s how five years passed by. He finished university studies and decided that if in five years he didn’t find anyone in Korea, he better should go to another country, and then he went to Japan. He found a job after three months being there, and since the first moment his feet touched Japan he started searching, but he had found nothing. He knew maybe he was being a little impatient, but what could he do? He was eager to meet the person that was going to fill his life with joy and happiness. The person that was going to make his heart beat so fast every time they were together. That was the only thing he wanted, but couldn’t get. Maybe he needed to keep another 5 years searching. He was going to enter the I-found-my-mate-at-the-age-of-30 list if that happened.

Actually he didn’t care too much about age. What he cared about was the time. He was so eager to be with this person, although he didn’t understand completely why, he just felt it. He felt that he wanted to find this person as soon as possible to be together the most time possible. He also found stories of people that never found their mates, and they had to live alone the rest of their lives. And that sounded too sad. It seemed like that could happen if two people didn’t get to know each other in time. Some of them could get sick or have an accident and die before meeting their special someone, and that’s how the other could end up alone. Jiyong didn’t want that. If he was going to die soon, he wanted to spend the time that he had left with his special person.

And that’s why he was so eager to find this special someone. But after three months, he felt like Japan wasn’t the correct place neither. Maybe he had done something wrong. Maybe his mate was in Korea, and he was searching for them in Japan like a stupid.

He suddenly stopped and looked up. That new thought filled him with a horrible feeling. What if his mate was in Korea? Nothing assured him that this person was Korean, it could be from any nationality, but he was Korean, there were more probabilities that his mate was Korean too, right? And there he was, in Japan, because he couldn’t handle not to find his mate after five years. Should he come back to Korea? He couldn’t spend his life traveling from country to country, he wasn’t a millionaire… but he couldn’t wait another five years neither, not now when the thought that maybe his mate was in Korea came to his mind.

He groaned and ran his hand through his hair. It was winter and Tokyo was very cold, but he was there standing without knowing if stay in Japan or going back right away to Korea. He didn’t even get to search in the park, which was his initial idea, and he was already thinking on going back. He sighted and looked to both sides without knowing what to do. At his right he saw some cars. At his left was a wide road flanked by big trees that leaded to one of those big domes of Japan… and then he saw it.

An ad tied to a post. An enormous ad tied to a post. There was written “Choi Seunghyun, dome tour” on it, with a big photo attached. A man with the most beautiful eyes Jiyong had seen in his entire life was looking back at him from the ad, and Jiyong felt his legs were made of jelly.

He kept looking the ad for some time. His heart was beating like crazy… but… it couldn’t be, right? That Choi Seunghyun… he was famous. He couldn’t be his special someone. He just couldn’t be.

Jiyong looked at the floor again. Maybe his reaction was only because the man was very handsome. He was an artist, of course millions of people felt that way looking at him, right? If he was going to do a dome tour, it meant he had a lot of fans, and most probably everyone got dazzled the first time they saw him, just like Jiyong.

With that thought in mind, he started walking towards his apartment. Suddenly he didn’t feel that urge for searching anymore. Maybe he was just tired. He only wanted to eat something and search more information on internet about Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

Several days after that, Jiyong found himself working extra hours just to buy a VIP ticket for one of the dome concerts of Choi Seunghyun.

Miraculously he forgot about his searching and instead he chose to stay a couple of hours more working, just to be able to go to see that man that was constantly appearing in his dreams. He was still convinced that it happened because he was a famous artist, his mind was busy thinking on him almost all day just because he discovered him only some days ago, also he was very good at rapping, and that was why he didn’t feel the urge to go out and search for his mate. And in some way that made him feel a little sad. After five years, was it that easy to forget about his special person? But as soon as he thought that he would be able to see Choi Seunghyun on stage, he forgot why he was feeling down before.

And when he finally had his VIP ticket in his hands, he couldn’t feel happier. He had no idea why he didn’t see anything about Choi Seunghyun in Korea before, because obviously he was a Korean. He also didn’t know why he was in Japan, they didn’t mention anything about it on internet. But Jiyong didn’t care, he only wanted the day of the concert to come faster so he could see the man on the stage.

The next two months he had anxiety. He really wanted to see Choi Seunghyun already. Just thinking about it made him feel butterflies in his stomach, and keep looking at the picture of Seunghyun in his phone didn’t help him at all.

And when the day finally came, he was surprisingly calmed.

He took his place in the queue really early and got a bracelet from the goods they were selling. It was a pretty cute gold bracelet with cute little hearts. When he looked around he noticed many of the fans had the bracelet too, and he smiled. It should be very warm to have all the fans giving you unconditional love. Definitely, after the concert, he was going to restart his searching for his special person.

Two hours before the concert start time, they let fans enter the venue. Jiyong immediately tried to find a place in the very front of the stage, but he couldn’t. There was too much people. He found a place to stay in the left side of the venue, where people wasn’t going to kill him when Choi Seunghyun appears on stage.

The next two hours passed slowly, but then suddenly the lights went off and Jiyong felt he was nervous again. The venue was full of screams from the fans and all the lights pointed to the center of the stage. Jiyong jumped a little to see what was happening and after a few seconds he saw how Choi Seunghyun himself appeared there.

And then his heart stopped.

Looking at him in person was very different from looking at him in photos on internet. He was shining. Jiyong couldn’t take his eyes off him. He had started singing, wearing a blue suit. Jiyong knew that song. It was “Doom Dada”, and it showed the ability of Seunghyun rapping. But the fact that Jiyong was paralyzed like a stupid while the other people was jumping and screaming, had nothing to be with Seunghyun’s rapping skills. Because Jiyong wasn’t hearing anymore. He wasn’t hearing the screams, he wasn’t hearing the song, he wasn’t even hearing Seunghyun’s voice. The only thing he was hearing was his heart beating like crazy, and suddenly he started to feel an overflowing love towards the man on stage.

The shock was giving him feelings of crying. That couldn’t be true. Something had to be wrong there. Choi Seunghyun couldn’t be his special person. Choi Seunghyun was a famous artist, and Jiyong was a simple mortal. But then, why was he feeling like he already loved him more than anything in the world? It was exactly what his mother had told him. When he meet his mate, he was going to know it immediately. He was going to feel it inside his chest, the love that you can only feel when you meet your other half. The person that was going to make you happy the rest of your life, and the one you were going to make happy for the rest of their lives. There was no way to be wrong, it was a “one of a kind” feeling. And Jiyong was feeling it in that moment, while looking directly into Seunghyun’s eyes.

He spent the first half of the concert like that, spellbound and paralyzed looking to the stage because his brain disconnected from his body. The only thing that he knew was that Choi Seunghyun was the most perfect man on the universe.

And then the talk part started. Everyone was screaming while Seunghyun said hi to them in a perfect japanese. And Jiyong was still like a rock, not moving at all, but listening to every single word that Seunghyun said. He started walking towards the right side, thanking the fans for coming that day and saying how much he loved to be there with them and seeing everyone. Then he walked back to the center of the stage and then to the left side, and Jiyong got nervous again. Seunghyun walked while saying that he felt very blessed to have everyone as his fans and that he loved them, that even in that moment he was already thinking on having more concerts to be able to see his fans again… and suddenly he stopped walking, as well as his talk with the fans. He had stopped before reaching the left end of the stage, looking directly into Jiyong’s eyes. Then he started talking again but seemed like he couldn’t say full sentences. He just kept saying “and…”, “ehh”, “uhmm” for some seconds, looking at Jiyong, until he blinked several times and turned back to walk towards the center of the stage, while saying again that he was very happy to see everyone that day.

Those few seconds when their eyes connected were enough to send Jiyong to the clouds. It was him, he was sure of that. But how was it possible? And even worse, how was he going to get close to him? The simple mortal Kwon Jiyong had zero possibilities to get close to the famous artist Choi Seunghyun, who was having a Japan Dome Tour, something that only a few artist got to do. It was impossible. The fact that Seunghyun had spotted him in the crowd seemed like a dream. Then, why was he feeling oh so clearly that that Choi Seunghyun on stage was his special person?

All of a sudden, a guitar’s melody started, taking Jiyong out of his thoughts. Seunghyun was standing in the center of the stage with his eyes closed and a light was on him while the melody was still playing. And when he opened his eyes, he looked directly into Jiyong’s.

Seunghyun started singing with a soft voice, making Jiyong’s heart become full with the love he was now feeling towards the man.

He didn’t know the song, but it was very pretty. Seunghyun closed his eyes from time to time but when he opened them again, instantly his gaze was directed to the spot Jiyong was standing in, still like an idiot meanwhile the other fans were moving his arms to the rhythm of the song.

“There I found your image, just like me you are waiting for someone alone”

Those lines echoed in his head, while Seunghyun was looking at him with the sweetest gaze in the entire universe. Jiyong didn’t know if he was dreaming, but if it was a dream he didn’t want to wake up. And if it was a dream, it was the most beautiful dream he ever had in his life.

“Na na na~ na na na~”

He heard the chorus of thousands of voices singing along with Seunghyun, who had his eyes closed again, but Jiyong was still standing there, looking at the stage and in the verge of tears.

Seunghyun’s eyes opened again, wandered around the people from the right side to the left side, and when he looked at every each one of his fans, his eyes met Jiyong’s one more time.

“That smile is now new to me”

“I’m still waiting for you alone”

Jiyong covered his mouth with his hands when Seunghyun closed his eyes again and continued with the song. He felt like the happiest person in the world. It was really him. Choi Seunghyun was his special person. Choi Seunghyun was the person that was going to make him happy the rest of his life, and the man he was going to make happy for the rest of his life.

The rest of the concert was the same. Seunghyun looking at Jiyong from time to time while he was quiet just standing on his spot.

When the concert finished and Seunghyun said goodbye to his fans, everyone started to leave the dome, and Jiyong was still standing there. What should he do? He clearly couldn’t go backstage because security was going to kick him out of there. Slowly the VIP section was getting empty and Jiyong started to panic. He had to make it backstage, he couldn’t just leave, no when he had been years searching for Seunghyun and now he finally found him.

He started walking slowly towards backstage, but suddenly a security man was in front of him and asked him to leave the place. Jiyong looked in all directions and realized that almost the whole dome was now empty. But he didn’t want to leave. He couldn’t leave. He opened his mouth to say an excuse to go backstage, when he heard his voice.

“Hey, he is with me.”

The security man turned back, and Choi Seunghyun was standing there, wearing jeans and a white shirt.

Jiyong saw him walk towards them and his heart raced. And when he stopped just right beside him and took his hand, Jiyong felt he was just about to pass out. Something was moving in his stomach and he felt like exploding of love. Seunghyun looked at him with so much tender in his eyes and smiled to him with the most beautiful smile Jiyong had ever seen. Then he pulled him to walk –almost run– backstage. Seunghyun was taller than him, but both of their hands fit perfectly.

They kept walking, Seunghyun leading the way, until a door appeared in front of them. Seunghyun opened the door, and when both of them were inside the room, Seunghyun closed the door very fast and immediately let go of Jiyong’s hand to cup his face with both of his hands, carefully, as if he was scared to hurt him.

“Its’s you…” his voice was soft and sweet but excited at the same time “It’s you. It has to be you. The one I’ve been trying to find for so long… tell me if you’re feeling the same as me, my beautiful angel…”

Jiyong felt the tears of happiness in his eyes and took Seunghyun’s hands to take them off his face, and then he hugged him very strongly, while the tears were already running down his cheeks.

Seunghyun’s arms wrapped him protectively and Jiyong felt like nothing could hurt him there, being in the arms of the man he had just met but already loved with his entire life.

“I’ve been searching for you for so many years” his voice sounded muffled, thanks to Seunghyun’s chest “and finally, I found you… finally, finally…”

He started sobbing and buried his face in the eldest’s chest, while he tried to hug him closer.

“Don’t cry…”

“But now we will be together, right?” Jiyong looked up at Seunghyun’s eyes. The way Seunghyun was looking at him made his heart become full with a warm feeling. His eyes were full of love.

“Of course… ehh…” Suddenly his expression changed. He looked a little ashamed but smiled to Jiyong “I’m sure you know my name, but you haven’t told me yours yet.”

“I’m… I’m Kwon Jiyong.” It felt kind of weird. Introducing himself to a person that already had his heart.

“Jiyong…” Seunghyun cupped his face again. “you are really the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen. My pretty and beautiful Jiyong…”

Jiyong was blushing. He wanted to try too.

“My Seunghyun…”

Seunghyun smiled and Jiyong felt his heart exploding.

“We will be together from now on. I won’t let anyone to separate us, not now that finally you are here with me. I will protect you from anything and anyone and I will do the only thing I’m sure I will never fail at: love you more that my own life.”

Jiyong wanted to cover his whole face with his hands, but he didn’t because he didn’t want to let go of Seunghyun. He was talking like a prince. It was too beautiful to be real.

“I hope this is not a dream…” Jiyong said and Seunghyun laughed.

“I’m sorry, I think I’m a little cheesy.” Jiyong smiled. That was true. “It’s just that looking at you… I can’t help it.” His eyes then were full with something Jiyong had never seen when people looked at him, but he had seen when other people looked at his beloved ones. A mix between admiration and a lot of love. “You are truly beautiful… I never imagined that the little person the life was saving for me was going to be this… stunning.” Jiyong felt his face burning. “And I felt like the luckiest man in the world for having you with me.” Seunghyun closed his eyes and got closer until their foreheads were touching. “The only thing I want to do for the rest of my life is being with you and giving you all the love you deserve from me…”

And just one second after that, the most amazing feeling Jiyong never felt was filling him up. Seunghyun’s lips were on his lips, kissing him with a softness he never believed was possible to exist, making him explode with love.

He had finally found his special someone. His Seunghyun. And they were going to be together for the rest of their lives.