Flashback

Love and Hot Cocoa??

*Flashback*

It was a rainy night. Hanna was busy making preparations to close her clinic. Her body felt really heavy and stiff as she had been treating the patients since morning, without any rest. She was about to lock the main door when suddenly there was a hand patting her shoulder. Surprised, she dropped the keys onto the floor. She slowly turned around to see the person behind her, and there stood a guy in front of her, looking pale and wet. “I’m sorry, sir. Are you okay? You look really pale right now.” Before Hanna could finish her sentence, the man collapsed onto the ground. Hanna was shocked once again but she quickly composed herself and quickly opened the door. Then, she literally dragged the unconscious man into the treatment room, where she started examining him.

10 minutes later

Hanna sat in her office, heaving a breath of relief. The man who was unconscious laid on the patient’s bed, sleeping peacefully. Thankfully, he just had a fever and did not have any injuries. She just had to examine him and gave him some paracetamol. At that time, Hanna thought it would be wiser to rest in her clinic while waiting for the man to wake up. She stood up from her seat and went to the pantry to treat herself a nice mug of hot chocolate.

“I wonder if that guy wakes up. His fever was quite high just now. I really hope that his fever would subside a bit.” Hanna thought to herself as she drank the hot chocolate. After she finished drinking the hot chocolate, she went towards the man. She checked his temperature to make sure that his fever had subsided. She was about to leave the room when she heard a groan from the man.

“Sir, can you hear me? Are you okay?” Hanna asked. The man slowly opened his eyes. Hanna helped him to wake from the bed. She told him that he was in her clinic as he had collapsed in front of her clinic earlier. The man, however, just remained silent and looked at her blankly. “How are you feeling, sir? Are you feeling hurt somewhere else?” Hanna asked as she checked his pulse and luckily the rate was normal. She felt weird that the man had not spoken a word since he woke up. “Is he mute?” Hanna wondered. “Well, sir. I think you should stay here for a while. The rain is getting heavier. Plus, you are still weak. Please get some more rest. I’ll get back to you later” Hanna excused herself. But then, she heard the man muttered something. Hanna turned towards him. “Um, miss. I mean doctor. Thank you for treating me. “Finally, the man spoke. Hanna just smiled and nodded. Then, she headed to pantry to make hot chocolate for both of them. After that, she returned towards the man. “I hope you like hot chocolate. It’s still warm so I hope that it can help to warm your body.” Hanna handed him a mug of hot chocolate. The man accepted with a pale smile on his face. Then, Hanna took a blanket and put it over the man, so that the man would feel warm and comfy. “So, do you live here? How did you get to this village? I had never seen you before.” Hanna asked him as she took a seat beside him. The man then told her that he was on his way to supervise his project in a rural area when his car broke down all of sudden. He tried to search for a workshop but it was hard as he was already in rural area. Plus, it was starting to rain. He had walk in the rain for about half an hour before he found Hanna’s clinic. “Thank you again for taking me in. I really appreciate it.” The man thanked Hanna and since that day, it was the start of their own love story.