Scarf

Little Things

December had arrived. I leaned her arms on the wall as I watched the snow knocked onto the window. Even though I was inside the house, I didn’t feel any better from the coldness that is slowly making its way inside.

 

I wonder how long this was going to last.

 

As I was about to turn back into my room, a familiar figure from afar caught my attention. Getting to the door, I opened it and waved frantically to the girl outside. When she finally reached the doorstep, I quickly shoved her in and closed the door. I thought that I almost died freezing.

 

“It’s cold, it’s cold!” I watched as the other girl hopped herself to the front of the fireplace.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Can’t I come?”

 

“Of course you can,” I answered as I went into the kitchen to get her a glass of warm water. “You’re welcome anytime.”

 

She took over the glass of water and gulped it down in seconds. I chuckled at the sight as she peeled her scarf and outer layer off her body before turning towards me. I didn’t notice the paper bag she was holding until now.

 

“What’s that?” I pointed to it.

 

Her eyes turned into crescents as she made her way towards me and took out a piece of soft fabric, “early Christmas gift!”

 

I got an eyebrow raised as she passed the gift to me. It was a scarf and a blue-colored one some more. Grinning excitedly, I held it close to my face and felt the softness of the material. I stopped when she giggled.

 

“Where did you bought it from?”

 

“I knitted it myself,” I was surprised as she held her arms together proudly. “I have another one for myself too, in pink.”

 

“Really?” She nodded and I turned my head over to the one she had just taken off.

 

“But I didn’t prepare any gifts though…”

 

“You don’t have to,” she assured and grabbed away the hand-made and wrapped it around my neck gently. “It’s cold; I just hope that this can keep you warm through this winter.”

 

I smiled in satisfaction as our eyes met one another. I would definitely not feel cold again because of this scarf but most importantly, Tiffany was the one who always kept my heart warm.