final.

cold.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

the weather has started changing since the new season has entered.

 

it has gotten chilly and wendy can tell all too well about it whenever the clock hits a certain time in the evening.

 

it all still depends, however, on which day the weather felt like making it known that it is indeed the fall season already.

 

there are days where all throughout the afternoon, the temperature won't go any higher than sixty-seven degree fahrenheit, and wendy couldn't help but tuck her hands inside her jeans' pockets and shiver a bit as the wind blows and it decides to caress her cheeks with its feathery light touch of coldness.

 

on other nights, it felt like summer and she regrets wearing her pajamas and bringing her blue comforters up to her chin, only to wake up an hour later with beads of sweat forming around her neck and feeling unpleasantly hot and irritated.

 

("god, this is so stupid." came an exasperated groan followed by a pretty harsh sound of a warm quilt getting kicked to the foot of her bed.

 

she gets up. too frustrated at one in the morning to even turn her lamp on before rummaging through her cabinet to pull out a change of comfortable clothing.

 

a chuckle from across the room resounds and the occupant of the other bunk turns to their other side where they can see her silhouette.

 

she lets out a small sigh and pauses for a bit to look over at the other side of the room. eyes soft with apology despite knowing too well that the other will have difficulty seeing them in a completely dimmed room.

 

"i'm sorry. did i wake up you?" she spoke gently. her shoulders no longer tensed.

 

"sort of, but it's all cool." says the husky voice with a glint of grin in her tone.

 

she turns her attention back into stripping herself off her pajamas. she sighed again. "i'm sorry."

 

"who even told you to wear them?"

 

almond shaped eyes marveled at the pair of smooth milky white legs and in the dark. bottom lip unconsciously caught in between their teeth.

 

"it was cold earlier, seulgi." came a slightly muffled reply.

 

she watched her put on an oversized t-shirt that covered her whole frame and at least half of her thighs.

 

a simper plays along seulgi's lips as wendy soon makes her way towards her instead.

 

"went for something much comfortable, i see."

 

wendy's cheeks burned and she laughed. her knee sinking in the mattress held her weight as she put on a small delay onto claiming the space the other immediately provided for her. she landed a light playful slap across her shoulder.

 

"oh, shut up. you like it."

 

seulgi only chuckled, and once her girlfriend has finally settled down right next to her, she wrapped an arm around her and held her close.

 

wendy snuggled closer to the crook of her neck.

 

"won't you be cold later though? i mean. you know i'm still not using any blankets."

 

wendy only hummed. eyes already closed again and breathing getting steady.

 

"i won't. i know you'll keep me warm."

 

seulgi just smiled. she pressed her lips softly against hers, deciding that she better continue her slumber just as well.)

 

but today feels very much like autumn. it's sixty-two degree fahrenheit outside and the temperature is expected to drop by two to three digits more later in the evening.

 

it makes wendy glad.

 

she likes the cold weather after all, because cold weathers mean a mug of hot chocolate while reading her favourite novel by the windowsill, or a marathon of some tv series that she has been wanting to see, or actually a movie night ― preferably some horror or thriller film even if she hates them so much. ("it just feel so right to watch them. so why not?" wendy reasoned out with a tilt of a head and a playful smile.)

 

but what's really gotten her very ecstatic is how her art major roommate promised her a movie night over warm coffees and french toasts for breakfast earlier in the morning. saying that since none of them really have any classes scheduled for the weekend to attend. although her roommate had to be somewhere for the rest of the afternoon.

 

("i'll make sure i finish up real quick."

 

a pair of lips pressed softly against alabaster knuckle followed shortly after by a flash of comely smile.

 

her cheeks flushed a faint hue of red. a beat skipped and warmth spreading all throughout her being as if it was the first time again.

 

she tittered.

 

"dork."

 

they laughed.

 

"it's fine. make your project really beautiful."

 

"i will."

 

"go."

 

"i love you, wan."

 

"i love you too, dummy.")

 

wendy is still excited nonetheless. there aren't that many chances for them to watch movies lately, because of the pile of homeworks and exams that they needed to finish and study for.

 

she bit her lip.

 

the thought of spending the night is making her smile to no end. 

 

she can't wait 'till the other gets home.

 

 

 

a quarter 'till seven.

 

wendy's phone slipped from her hand and tumbled a few times right beside her.

 

she threw her head back lightly and sighed.

 

it's gotten dark outside already.

 

s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter