First Kiss

The Adventures of the Astro Babysitters

001. First Kiss

 

Dongmin did not notice the other coming up from behind him from the kitchen. He is too busy flipping through TV channels, muttering under his breath about having nothing to watch on a school night. He’s supposed to be at home, studying for his exams. But duty had called, and now, he’s here in someone else’s place.

It catches him off-guard when something soft touches his cheek. It was quick and light; he almost did not notice. He stumbles to his feet, spinning around and hand coming up to cup his face. He stares at the kid in front of him. The kid’s name is Moonbin. He is just a couple of years younger than Dongmin, an age that should still be filled with innocence and puppy love.

“What was that?” Dongmin asks, hand stuck to his cheek.

Moonbin shrugs, disinterested face and all. “Mom said to give my first one to someone I like. I couldn’t think of anyone else.” Then, he turns around and walks back to the kitchen to get his after-dinner treat, as if what he did is normal.

After staring at the kid’s back, Dongmin has to sit down on the couch and take a few deep breaths. He has to remember he’s here as a guardian for that kid. But he cannot deny the tingling sensation on his cheek and the fast rhythm of his heart.