Christmas Time

A Different Kind of Love [One-Shot]

 

Twelve years ago, I was all alone in this place by myself. I had nowhere to go and no food to eat. Every day was a struggle to survive this cruel, harsh world. Food was so hard to find and my shelter… was where I would end up that day. Sometimes my “house” would be a box and sometimes it would be nothing. I hated my life style. It was pointless and had no meaning to it. Everywhere I went people wouldn’t even look at me. My health condition was poor and I looked like a ragdoll. But one day, my life changed when he found me. This little boy that tried to lure me in with scraps of food, succeeded in taking me home with him. I’ve loved him since the day he found me.

Every day would be better than the one before. This little boy made my day just by smiling. A small smile made my little heart beat faster. This little boy is named Choi Jonghyun. I knew Jonghyun loved me. He would take care of me, look out for me, and even play with me. I never knew such a kind-hearted person existed.

I grew accustomed to having Jonghyun around me every day. When he had to leave for school, I wanted to go with him, but he would always tell me to stay home and behave. Being the obedient girl I am, I listened and waited for him by the door every day. Waiting… anticipating for a new day with him. However, now that Jonghyung is in high school… most people know him as Changjo. Why? Well, it’s because he’s in a new group called Teen Top. Whenever he has a performance, I would struggle to turn on the television to just watch him. Why do I struggle with the television you ask? Let’s just say I have a problem with my “thumbs.”

Ever since Jonghyun joined Teen Top, he comes home really late and exhausted. He doesn’t even have time to play with me anymore. Although it’s frustrating to deal with the fact that he has less time on his hands, I deal with it. I’ve seen him practice really hard at dancing. Perfecting each movement. When he brings me to his practice place, his band members crowd around me and tell me how cute I am. I admire the attention I get, but I can only focus on Jonghyun. He’s the only one that I care about. I will always stay loyal to him, even if he only sees me as his best friend.

A few months have passed since Teen Top’s comeback. It’s Christmas time and Jonghyun gets to spend Christmas Day at home! It’s been awhile since I’ve seen his wonderful face. I miss the smile that was once stretched upon his lips. Every time I see him on television, he has this serious or shy mask on. A smile appears every now and then, but I missed being able to see him smile all the time.

“Nuri, I’m home!” I ran up to Jonghyun as I heard him call my name. He embraced me as I tried to jump into his embrace. He carried my all the way to the fireplace and placed me beside him. He quickly ran into the kitchen and got himself a cup of hot cocoa, while I got a bowl of milk. I lay my head on his lap as he told me about his trips and band members.

“Niel messed up on one of the ‘Supa Luv’ performances, and we punished him afterwards!” I heard him chuckle at his own statement. I wanted to laugh along with him, but my vocals wouldn’t allow me to. The only thing I could speak was a “language” that he couldn’t even understand.

Jonghyun spent about an hour longer talking about what happened to him the past few weeks. I just listened and looked up at him once in awhile. Being able to do only this much pains me. I wanted to do so much more for him. I wanted to laugh, talk, and share moments with him. Instead of trying to make Jonghyun understand me, I just lay there on his lap.

“Nuri, do you want to open presents with me?” I opened my mouth as another way of saying “yes” and we ran to the Christmas tree. He went around the tree to look for gifts with his name on it. I tried to help him, but I couldn’t read any of the names on the presents. So instead, I decided to follow Jonghyun as he threw all the presents with his name on it to one side.

As soon as he was done finding all his presents, he ran to his pile of boxes and started to carefully open each present. Instead of watching what he got, I watched his expression change as he opened each gift. His mouth hung open and eyes widened each time he saw something he liked. Finally, Jonghyun came to the last gift. He seemed hesitant to open it. I tilted my head in confused as I tried to understand what was keeping him from opening it.

“This gift is from the girl I like, Nuri. I’m kind of scared to open it.” I nudged his hand signal him to open the gift. He carefully took of the tape and paper off the gift. I watched a smile creep up on his lips as he looked at the scarf in front of him. I couldn’t tell if he was blushing or not. Curse my color blinded eyes. The only colors that I could see on Jonghyun were black and white. Colors or not, I could still see the twinkle in his eyes as he placed the scarf around his neck. It made me feel useless that I was unable to get him a gift. Why can’t I be like that girl?

He carried me up once more and placed me next to him on the couch. Lately, I’ve been growing extremely weak and tired. Jonghyun knows my condition and he worries about me a lot. He petted my head for comfort as I drifted off into a sleep. I felt my heart beat softly in the quiet room. I was about to fall asleep, until I felt something wet drop on my ear. I open my eyes and see Jonghyun crying.

“Nuri… I don’t want you to leave. I know you’re growing old and this might be our last Christmas together, but I want you to know that I love you. You’re the best dog I could ever ask for.” With that, he kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes. Yes, I was Jonghyun’s dog. Hearing those words come from his mouth made my life complete. I’ve finally heard the words “I love you” from his own mouth. It’s too bad that I have to leave him today though.

I closed my eyes once more. I felt my heart beat slower and slower as the minutes pass by. The only sound in the room is the sound of Jonghyun sobbing. I felt him embrace my body once more. If only I could smile… I have no regrets in having him as my owner. I hope you become successful Jonghyun, I’ll be watching you in my own heaven. I love you.

 

----------------------------------------------

I finally finished my oneshot! ^ ^ I know it's not very good, but I hope you guys liked it :D && Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!