Travelling with Jaebum

Travelling with GOT7

My heart was racing. I hated those moments when things seemed like they were far too horrific to be happening. Especially when I double checked everything before leaving the house. Me and Jaebum were travelling around Korea by bus. He had this idea in his mind for a while and GOT7 finally got long enough vacation for us to try it.

“I swear I put it in the backpack just before leaving.” I was digging through Jaebum’s black bag. “Oh please please be here. If I forgot it then…”

“What are you looking for?” Jaebum came back with two ice-cream cones. We were at a rest stop and the bus stopped there for half an hour.

“Have you, by any chance, seen my allergy pills?”

“No. Why would your medicine be in my bag?” Jaebum frowned.

“Because I put it here. If it is not, then I’m done for. There’s only one kind of medicine that helps me.” My skin already felt itchy. A few more hours and a crushing headache would present itself.

“Is this what you’re looking for?” He pointed at a small box lying next to his bag on the bench. I slapped my forehead.

“Sorry. I’m a mess.” Jaebum chuckled giving me my ice-cream.

“No. You’re just stressed about too many things. Relax. It’s holiday for both of us.”

We sat down on the bench. The weather was very hot and I wasn’t a fan of sitting in a car for a long time. But how can you resist five days of exploring Korea with Jaebum? That’s right, you can’t. We were heading for Jeju island stopping at a few cities on the way. We left early in the morning and headed to Incheon, after spending a few hours there we were on our way to Gwangju. 

The stop was over and we got on the bus again.

“How long until we arrive?” I sat down next to the window.

“No idea. Should we play some game?” We love playing games together. Doesn’t matter what kind but we both are very competitive.

“Sure. What kind of game?” Jaebum side hugged me and I placed my head on his shoulder.

“I ask you things and you answer.” I snickered.

“Very much of a game. Fine. But what kind of questions do you mean?” I lifted my head to meet his eyes.

“Just to see if you remember everything about our relationship.” He grinned. I knew Jaebum was not simply going to ask about my favorite color or things I like to eat. Jaebum knew how to make anything into a game. That’s why it was never boring for a second. Even if he helped me clean my house we would end up playing something along with it.

“Oh I see. And what do I get if I answer it right?” I smiled back. Jaebum shrugged.

“What do you want?”

“A kiss?” Jaebum laughed and agreed. “So?”

“Eager to start, are we?” I took off my shoes and sat crossing my legs. “What was I wearing on our first date?”

“Yah! How can I remember something like this?” He took out sunglasses from his backpack. “Do you remember what I was wearing?”

“The prize is big. Did you expect me to ask simple questions?” Jaebum pretended to be serious. “And yes I do. You threw that dress away a bit ago.” I stuck out my tongue. “So?”

“I don’t know! That is an unfair question. A dress is easier to remember than a whole outfit.” He counted that as giving up.

“Stop sulking. Let me flick your forehead then.”

“You did not mention any punishment.” I poked Jaebum’s shoulder and I saw his cheeks rising for a smile.

“To encourage you to try.” I managed to make a deal for a slap on my arm instead of a flick. He never actually tried to hurt me though. “Next question. When was the first time we said ‘I love you’s’ to each other?” Jaebum’s gaze was intense hoping I’ll fail again.

“Both of us?” He nodded. “I am not sure… But I’d say…Well I remember mine but yours…” I squinted.

“How can you not remember mine? I was the first one to say it.”

“I know that. Ok, mine was eight months in when we were in your dorm. Am I right?” He asked me to describe it as if I could forget it and be lying. “The guys were out letting us be alone and we were sitting on the couch watching something.”

“And?” He took a bite of a sandwich which I packed for him as breakfast.

“What else do you want me to say?”

“Details. This does not count.”

“Oh no!” I suddenly remembered. Jaebum let out a grunt proving I was wrong before. “I was barely awake then. You brought me home after a date and it was in the middle of the night. I just blurted it out without thinking and you even smiled to that. How could I forget?” Jaebum acknowledged this as the right answer. “I don’t remember yours. Can you give me a hint?” I rubbed my hands together. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

“It is related to GOT7’s activities.”

I frowned thinking. I knew well that Jaebum was the first one to confess, say ‘I love you’ and kiss me. He always wanted to be first to do something to me – cook, gift and any other way possible to spoil a girlfriend.

“Was it after your concert?”

“I don’t know. You are supposed to answer.” He drank some water reminding me to drink some as well.

“I’ll guess then. It was your concert in Seoul and I came to see you after it ended. You hugged me and quietly said it so I would be the only one to hear it, correct?” Jaebum’s face gave away it was. “How come you remember so much stuff?”

He proudly grinned.

“Cause I care.”

“Wipe that grin off your face and give me my reward.” I raised an eyebrow.

Jaebum cupped my chin and planted his lips on mine. It was a kind of long kiss which was finished by him tracing my jaw with his lips. Jaebum looked into my eyes then chuckled trying to hide his shyness.

We played a few more rounds of the game and then decided to take a nap. I placed my head on his shoulder and he leaned back. After closing my eyes, I felt him take my hand and intertwine our fingers.

“Bum,”

“M.” We both were talking with our eyes closed.

“Do you still love me even if I forget some things?”

“Of course. I am here to remind you of them.” He pecked the top of my head. “Now sleep.”

“I love you, Bummie.”

“I love you too, babe.”