Chapter 1

Summer Blues

The sun was warm, but the breeze was cool. Yes...this is how I should be spending my youth. The nice weather almost makes me forget how I’m Hell. Ah...maybe Hell would be offended if I compared it to school. Does Hell get mad? Isn’t it already mad? Then does it ever get happy? Happy is such a good feeling. Well at least this Hell isn’t nearly as bad as the last one, I’ve got a friend now at least. Sorta.

    “Jisoo! Let’s go eat lunch!” Yeoreum shook my shoulder, waking me up from my thought. I gave Yeoreum a warm smile and got up from  my desk. Yeoreum grabbed my arm and began talking.

    “There’s a basketball game tomorrow night, let’s go! We can see Jaehyun play. He is so hot!” Yeoreum exclaimed as she greeted and smiled people they came across in the hallway. Yeoreum said she was going to be more popular today, as she had her hair done at this fancy salon this morning. I remember this, because she had already told me 5 times..

“I’d rather not. I wanna binge watch this new drama series” Yes, boys who are talented and also gifted in the visual field are great to look at, but when you watch sports, you can’t even see their faces. And it was Jaehyun, not Brad Pitt.

    “Oh you’re boring, I swear, Jaehyun will make it big one day and when that happens you’ll regr-” Yeoreum stopped mid sentence as she spotted a new student walk down the hallway, talking to Jaehyun. “Oh. My. God. Can’t she see she’s being an eyesore? Like I get that she’s a transfer student and she needs help, but she should know that Jaehyun is busy she’s such a .” Yeoreum whispered to me and giggled. I scoffed.

    “Yeoreum, you need to chill, they’re just talking.” Here’s her gossiping side once again. Yeoreum’s eyes narrowed, but her smile remained.

    “Haha Jisoo, you’re so naive, but I mean….you have to agree she’s being annoying.”

I detached my arm from Yeoreum’s grip.

    “Yeoreum...you’re kidding right? They’re just talking it’s not a crime.” Maybe she was crazier than I thought.

    “Are you siding with her?” Yeoreum raised her voice.

    “My god, there are no sides.She seems like a lovely person, must you be so mean? What has she done to you?” I reasoned. I knew this day would come, I thought. The day her annoyingness would come to light. Happens to the best of them.

    “Oh my god.” Yeoreum whispered.

    “What?” Is she going to praise me on my incredibly humane thoughts?

    “Are you….are you...lesbian?” Yeoreum gasped and her eyes widened. What. Whaaaat?

    “What are you talking about? I’m being a reasonable…” My voice drifted off as Yeoreum ran away and I realized that everyone was looking at us.

 

And yes...that was the start of me being “gay”. How did I feel? I thought when I went home that day. Hard to pinpoint,all I knew is that if someone were to treat you differently because of your uality, then they’re trash. Once again, school was like the way it was before, lonely, boring, full of idiots, and a terrible learning environment. I got used to everything though, maybe just not the lonely.

 

    “Your grades have gone down again Jisoo! If you’re gonna be a good student, be a good student for the rest of your highschool years, and if you’re gonna be a bad student be a bad student for the rest of your highschool years. Just.” My teacher paused to pinch the bridge of her nose. Why do old people do that? “Just be consistent. You having great grades gets our hopes up, but then you go and place last again.” She looked at me, expecting some sort of response. Whatever it was, I wasn’t going to give it to her. I didn’t like her, she never really cared about her students, which is what a teacher is supposed to be like right?I played dumb, because that’s the easiest thing to do when you don’t want to deal with .

    “Yes Mrs.Kim” I sayed politely and bowed. She looked at me for a few seconds, sighed and walked away. I watched her leave, what a , can’t believe she’s married. Her kids must suffer a lot.

    The bell rang, signalling lunch. Lunch was an enjoyable thing, as enjoyable as sleeping, as enjoyable as crunching leaves and breaking thin ice. I walked down the hallways towards the cafeteria, looking at the kids as I did so. Oh it’s Jaehyun over there, handsome and surrounded by girls as always. Ah, and Yeoreum over there with her friends being stupid, and that transfer student over there, being bullied, I guess some things don’t change. That’s when I smelt it,the cafeteria has meat today. Hooray.

    I got a tray and filled it with deliciousness, and sat at my regular seat. I like being constant, doing the same things, change was never in my dictionary, so ever since the first day of school, this has been my spot. And ever since the 5th, it’s been my table. But don’t think I don’t have fun, since I’m all alone. You know what they say. Headphones + phone + drama = Happiness. That’s how I spend my lunches, and dinners. Not breakfasts though, in the morning, sleep trumps food. I know, shocker.

    “Shoot. Shoot me. I don’t want to live anymore, not without him”

    “No! Shoot me! I can’t live without her!”

What a shame. The promotion for this drama was crazy, too bad that this drama is just about as bad as my grade. I thought as I closed the tab and searched for another drama to watch. Then the table shook slightly,very slightly and the buzz of the cafeteria faded. I looked up and saw him. Nope. Nope. I’m not doing this. I shoved my food down and packed my things into my bag. I took my tray and left.

“Wait.” I heard him say. Nah man, I'd rather not.


A/N: I'll probably edit this later, comment and subscribe if you like it!