Curtain Call

Curtain Call - Hoya

“Curtain call for the rehearsal dance for Lee Howon and Choi Hyo Jin” The director called across the speakers in the whole facilities.

 

Two bodies rushed past you causing your eyes to lift, pulling one of your ear buds from your ear, you heard the director make the second call across the speakers. Checking your scheduled line up on your phone, you saw that you were next in line.

 

Standing to your feet, you pulled over your duffel bag, pulling out your outfit change, you quickly changed into your black Harlem pants, silver lettering extended down your left leg. Exchanging your tank top for a bright blue short zip up jacket that revealed your stomach, you pulled down the sleeves and positioned a snap back on your head. Your ponytail hung out the back of the hat as you looked at yourself in the mirror.

 

Feeling confident in your outfit, you headed out of the changing room and found your way to the left wing of the stage. Practicing some of your moves while you waited, your eyes lifted to the beautiful performance before you. A breathtaking contemporary dance unfolded before your eyes as Hoya and Hyojin seemed to mold together and dance as one.

 

Tapping your foot to the beat of their song, you watched the poetry in motion that unfolded before you. Watching one of the best in the business was even more impressive in person. The lights dimmed on the stage as the two dancers got up and hugged one another before heading off the stage.

 

“International Dancer ______ to the stage” The director called, knowing that was your cue, you began to walk to the stage.

 

Keeping your eyes down, you watched as the two famous dancers passed by you. Taking a deep breath, you stood on the edge of the curtain, stepping out under the bright lights you took center stage. 

 

Lowering your head, you adjusted your hat and got into position as they found your track and tried to play it.

 

Deep breath. Dark Lights. Dance 

 

“Who is that?” Hoya’s eyes followed your form as you passed by him, continuing to follow you with his eyes he began to walk back to the stage.

 

“That is _____ _____, she is the International Dancer for the show” Hyojin explained to Hoya as she sipped some cool water.

 

“Is she in the competition?” Hoya questioned hearing your song pulse through the speakers. 

 

Watching you hit your first move crisply, you slowly moved from one combination to another before the speed picked up in the song as did your feet and moves. Getting in the zone and leaving your heart on the stage, Hoya watched in awe seeing fresh new moves that worked for your song. Mixing a few y moves into your dance, your hands traveled over your body before you broke out and moved into more technical moves. Your moves fitting your song perfectly, Hoya stood on the sidelines as Ten, U-Kwon, Shownu and Taemin began to join Hoya at the edge of the curtain while others began to add to the growing crowd.

 

“You may have some competition Hoya” Taemin teased Hoya, yet Hoya thought the exact same thing.

 

“She may have to join the competition so the girls can have a challenge too” Ten sang as Bora hit him across the shoulder.

 

Hoya’s eyes continued to stay glued to you, watching your flawless moves flow from one to the other, your white sneakers showing off your footwork while your body moved to the beat effortlessly. 

 

Hitting your last mark, your breaths sharply moved your chest as the lights happily caused your outfit to sparkle. Waiting a moment or two as the song ended, you held your pose before you bowed and headed off of the stage.

 

The director called for the next dance to the stage as you trotted off of the stage. ping your jacket a little, your white sports bra was visible as you stepped off of the stage and placed your hands on your hips. Slipping in between the curtains, you walked around to the cooler and pulled out a water bottle from the cooler. Twisting off the top, you sipped the cool water as you leaned against the wall. Going over the dance in your mind, you slowly moved through what spots you stumbled on while you slowly sipped on the water.

 

The group of idols hung out by the curtains talking and laughing with one another, yet you were off by yourself working on your dancing. Hoya’s eyes continued to stay on you, such a talented, beautiful woman was hard for Hoya to look away from. 

 

“Hoya, can I have a moment?” The stage manager inquired, nodding his head the two of them stepped aside from the group to talk. Excusing himself from the group he stood across from the stage manager wondering what she had to say.

 

“Have you chosen someone for your partner dance next week? We need to put their name on the role for next week’s episode” The stage manager held her clipboard and her pen at the ready.

 

“I haven’t found anyone yet… but I do have someone in mind…” Hoya rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

 

“I need to know by the end of rehearsal” The stage manager demanded as Hoya nodded. 

 

Hoya’s eyes turned over to you as you were still practicing your moves, finding it absolutely charming and cute that you practiced dancing almost as much as he did. The stage manager walked off and Hoya was left in thought, practicing your moves while trying to sip your water.

 

Trying to gather his offer for you, he ran his fingers through his damp hair, his heart racing in his chest while he tried to breathe deep to clear his thoughts. Yet butterflies swarmed his stomach as he moved his weight from one foot to the other. Unsettled with the task at hand, his eyes moved around as he practiced asking you the question he had formulated.

 

Gathering his courage, he began to walk over to you, with your eyes looking down at your feet and trying out some new moves he lifted his hand up and tried to clear his throat. With no reaction from you, he thought he needed to up the ante.

 

“Excuse me” Hoya’s voice was slightly shaking but sweet as the voice called you away from your dance and pulled your eyes up.

 

“May I help you?” You questioned gently, your heart skipping a beat when you registered that Infinite’s Hoya, The Dancing Machine, was standing in front of you.

 

“I wanted to introduce myself” Hoya started being polite, “I’m Lee Howon”

 

“I’m a big fan, you are Infinite’s Dancing Machine” You added with a bright smile, “It is an honor to meet such an amazing dancer.”

 

Blush filled Hoya’s cheeks as a smile pulled on his lips tightly, dancing slightly on his feet he lifted his hand up to try and cover his bright smile that you caused.

 

“I’m ______ _______” You introduced yourself

 

“I watched your dance and I really loved some of the moves that you had in there” Hoya complimented bringing you to cloud nine.

 

“Oh really? To me the moves are tired and worn out, I wish I had some power moves like you do” Your voice slowly started to taper off as your shy side began to show. 

 

“I could teach you a few if you would like” Hoya lifted his hand and rubbed the back of his neck nervously

 

“You would? You aren’t too busy for something like that?” You probed knowing that he must have schedule after schedule to do every day.

 

“Well I am pretty busy, but…” Hoya ran his pink tongue over his lips, “I am looking for a partner for next week’s episode and was wondering if you would like to dance with me. That way I can teach you and I can have a dancer. What do you say?”

 

Hoya’s offer made you freeze, were you really hearing this? Your favorite dancer was asking to dance with you?

 

“You must be desperate” You teased lightly laughing breaking up the intense moment.

 

“A little” Hoya teased back, a chuckle escaping his lips, “I’m just kidding.”

 

“Oh were you now?” You continued to tease, knowing the extent of sass Hoya could dish out

 

“You were actually my first choice” Hoya confessed, seeing his eyes change, you knew that he was being serious which caused your heart to freeze for a moment.

 

“When do we start?” You smiled brightly, happily accepting his offer.

 

“See you at nine. Don’t be late” Hoya smiled before he turned and walked away leaving you with determination swelling in your heart to show him that what he saw today was just the tip of the iceberg.