(1/1)

Under the Lights Tonight (You Look So Pretty)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi was Hoseok's best friend, and when he wasn't dancing and she wasn't writing music, they were laughing together and enjoying each other's company as their fingers tangled under the shining sun.

As Hoseok made his way up familiar stairs, he heard that familiar voice humming a familiar tune.

Min Yoongi, his best friend since childhood, was always with him, they were never apart. So naturally, he asked her to go to prom with him because, well, he'd never hear the end of it, for a start.

If he chose some random girl to go with him Yoongi would glare at him, her eyes laser-like and striking him in the heart, and she'd ignore him for as long as she could bear.

18 years. 18 years of laughter, and sadness. Of friendship, and fights. Yoongi and Hoseok were a pair like any other. But they had a bond that was special, it was theirs.

Since the age of 5, they kissed. Purely platonic, small, chaste pecks as greetings, consoling, and celebration. It was theirs.

They accepted it was an odd thing to do with a friend but they had never stopped, they had never needed to stop, because they had each other and they knew, because of their friendship, that any boyfriends or girlfriends would never remain - but it was okay; they had each other.

Except recently Hoseok felt different about the kisses they shared. He started to notice the softness of Yoongi's lips, they were always pink, and like many other girls she spent time to apply it carefully to adapt that gradient style. But, and Hoseok may be biased here, it always looked so much prettier on Yoongi. The pink matched her skin tone perfectly, porcelain pale and dainty like a doll.

For some reason Yoongi had suddenly become ever so pretty in Hoseok's eyes, and he hoped that no consequences would come from his recent infatuation with his best friend.

He pushed open the door of Yoongi's room, seeing her short hair braided along one side of her head to fall into glossy, chocolate brown curls that matched the colour in Hoseok's eyes.

Her sharp, black eyes glanced up in the mirror, catching Hoseok's who was noticeably in awe with what he was faced. The soft pale skin of the top of her back and shoulders was on display. Rose gold fabric that enhanced the curves of her torso and at her hips the fabric loosened, flowing out and around her feet like an opening petal.

Yoongi looked beautiful and Hoseok told her so.

She smiled, pink lighting up the apples of her cheeks and tinted pink lips and eyeshadow that matched her dress. "You've never told me that before. You usually inform me on how ugly I am." She smirked, seeing the playful roll of Hoseok's eyes, their hands meeting in the middle as Hoseok took in little pink roses in her ears and the thin chain that held a diamond encrusted semi-quaver that Hoseok bought for Yoongi's 18th birthday.

"Well that's because you never look pretty, like this." He grinned, leaning down to peck Yoongi's lips. "You only ever wear those ripped jeans and t-shirts, or those sweaters in winter." Hoseok laughed out, seeing the same chuckles come out of Yoongi, small ivory teeth and little pink gums peeking o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter