I see you

Please look at me

Junhyung held onto the wall for support as he walked. He never expected his confession to you would be in such a situation. He pulled the sunglasses and scarf he was wearing as a disguise and threw it against the wall. Both were his favourite, and very expensive too, but at that moment, he didn’t bother anymore. He leaned against the wall and buried his face in his palms.

“I’m sorry.” He felt a weight crash against his body, arms circling around his waist.

“I’m so sorry for being so blind.” You said.

“Don’t do this because you pity me.” He said, pushing your hands off.

“I’m not pitying you!” You shouted. You ran to in front of him and blocked him.

“Look at me, please.” You said.

He looked down. You forcefully raised his head.

“Are those words true?” You asked.

He rolled his eyes and smacked his forehead.

“Don’t do that!” You tugged onto his arm.

“DO I LOOK LIKE I AM KIDDING!? DO I LOOK LIKE I AM IN ANY STATE TO KID WITH YOU!?” He exploded.

You smiled slightly and rubbed his arm.

“I think you should sit down. You’re in a lot of pain, aren’t you?” You said, linking your arm with his.

He is confused, but he let you drag him along.

You made him sit down on the bench while you ran into a convenience store. You came back with two ice creams and a huge pack of ice.

“Wha.. OMO!!!” He whined when you dropped the pack of ice on his lap.

“I heard that ice can cure swelling.” You said, your ice cream.

“But such a big pack.. And, public?” He looked at you awkwardly.

“They don’t have a smaller pack, and what am I supposed to do when you’re in so much pain now? Should I find you a girl so you can release yourself?” You asked.

He frowned at you.

“Just kidding.” You said, holding his ice cream at his mouth.

“Eat this and we’re good, okay?” You said.

He looked at you before the ice cream.

You smiled and sat down beside him. You held his ice cream for him as he ate. You rested your head on his shoulder while eating yours.

“The sky is so nice tonight.” You said, looking up at the midnight sky.

“Indeed.” He mumbled.

“Where are your shoes?” He suddenly asked.

You looked down at your feet. You realized you forgot to take back your heels.

“I think it’s still at the back alley.” You laughed.

He laughed and shook his head. He took off his shoes and kicked them to you.

“It’s okay.” You said.

“Wear it.” He said firmly.

“Then how about you?” You asked.

“I have socks.” He wiggled his toes.

You smiled and put on his shoes. They felt big and warm.

You hugged his arm while the two of you had a mini ‘leg fight’.

“Are you feeling better?” You asked him.

“Yes, but now, my pants is all wet.” He removed the pack of ice, revealing a huge water stain on his crotch area.

You burst into laughter, almost falling off the bench if not for him who caught you.

He sneezed and you finally realized his scarf and sunglasses was missing.

“Where are your scarf and sunglasses?” You asked him.

“Oh damn.” He mumbled.

You took off your scarf and put it around his neck.

“Hey, no. You’ll catch a cold.” He said, taking it off.

You stopped him and frowned at him.

“You already caught the cold. I’m pretty sure you don’t need it to become a fever.” You said.

“But you would be cold. Besides, I’m stronger.” He said.

“I can do this.” You zipped up your coat to your neck.

“I can too.” He zipped up his hoodie to his neck.

“Actually you know what? I think you look better like this.” You smiled as you pulled off the scarf from his neck.

Junhyung smiled, thinking that was all. And then suddenly he was hit with total darkness. You zipped up his jacket all the way, causing him to behave like a headless snake.

“Yah!!!” He yelled but was muffled.

You laughed till you were sitting on the ground.

He tried to pull the zip down but he couldn’t find it.

“I CAN’T BREATHE!!” He shouted.

You flicked his forehead before pulling the zip down a little.

“Use the scarf or zip it up all the way. You choose.” You said.

“What kind of a deal is this!?” He shouted, his voice still muffled.

“Take it or leave it! Damn, it’s for your own good. What good do I get!?” You shouted.

“FINE!” He said.

You pulled down the zip and smiled at him as you put the scarf over his neck. You straighten his messed up hair for him.

“Let’s go.” You said.

The both of you walked down the street, arms linking each other’s.

“What are we now?” You asked, breaking the silence.

“Well.. If you don’t mind, I can fulfill your Christmas wish.” He said.

You smiled to the ground as you walked.

“So, do you mind?” He asked.

“Are you selling yourself?” You asked.

“Only to you.” He said.

“Best Christmas present ever.” You whispered.

“You asked me what I wanted for Christmas, remember?” He said.

“Yea, have you decided?” You asked.

“I got it already.” He said.

“Eh?” You looked at him, confused.

“Every year my Christmas wish is the same, and this year, I finally got it.” He said.

“What?” You asked.

You. Silly~” He smiled.

“Sorry for making you wait so long, for making you do that stupid grading game, for not seeing you soon enough. You must have been in a very painful situation.” You said.

“Yes, it was painful. But that kick you gave me just now was much more painful.” He teased you.

“Yah! I’m sorry!” You slapped his chest lightly and pouted.

“Okay, okay.” He said, tapping your cheek lightly.

“No more grading games, huh?” He said.

“One last one.” You said.

“What? Are you serious?” He frowned.

You nodded.

“Who?” He looked around, searching for men.

Junhyung didn’t see anyone around. He felt a poke on his chest and he turned back to you.

“You.” You said with a smile.

“Me?” He asked.

“How many points?” You asked.

He thought for awhile before showing you a three.

You made a face and shook your head. Disappointment flashed across his face.

You raised his thumb and pinky finger to make a five. You took his other hand and opened his palm to show a five. He stared at both his palms blankly.

You slapped both your palms against his.

“If I had enough fingers, I would show you a hundred, a thousand, a million. But the best I can do is ten, since we’re nowhere near aliens.” You said.

He smiled slightly. Pink flushed across his cheek as he tried to hide his embarrassment.

"But to be honest, no amount of points can grade you. You're worth more than mere numbers.” You whispered into his ear before pecking him on his cheek.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!” You yelled as you squashed his cheeks.

He looked at you with wide eyes and squashed cheeks. He looked like a penguin.

He moved forward, kissing you on your lips. You smiled at his sudden gesture. The both of you kissed passionately, totally unbothered about the fact you two were in public. At that moment, nothing else mattered, not even if the sky fell or the sea rise.

That moment, the both of you felt the same; infinite.

- 끝 -