final

first impression, interesting encounter

 

This is not what it looks like.”

Okay. Driving his way back to his home after a long, nuisance but a key chore of his responsibility: grocery shopping, Yoongi wasn’t expecting a man on a concrete floor, giggling uncontrollably to a dog. His dog. At his front door of his apartment. He has no idea who this stranger is.

Yoongi realise his silent presence made the stranger panic, “T-this is really not what it looks like. I swear. I didn’t break into your house to steal your — your dog,” the stranger stare vulnerably toward his open door and points at it as if it explains everything, “The door was already open which, was pretty dumb - oh. Sorry. Um, your dog just slipped out and I caught it before the dog ran away and yeah, so, I decided to play with your dog until you return home.” The stranger laughs nervously, his hand timidly ruffles on top of his dog fluffy head.

Not gonna lie, this interesting encounter is almost too adorable. The stranger does look like a puppy himself. Plus, his rambling was amusing to watch. Yet he’s nice enough to put an end to the stranger’s shameful state. Yoongi whistle his dog over, and pick her up as she wiggle her tail happily.

“You’re lucky you’re precious.”

He looks back down on the stranger who’s sat comfortably on the floor, gazing him in awe. Yoongi notice his hair’s a mess, and he doesn’t even know his name.

“What are you doing on the floor?”

The man hastily stand up, immediately aware he was on the floor and Yoongi nearly wince at how tall the stranger is. The man stuffs his hands on his jacket pocket and beam in embarrassment, “I, I don’t know,” he chuckles, “I’m sorry. I should probably introduce myself. I’m Taehyung, your neighbour,” he shows him his door, “I live right there - not that you need to know or whatever, um, I guess I’ll be going now?”

Yoongi nod, unsure of what to say.

“You’re not much of a talker huh?” Taehyung said then shakes his head, “Sorry, I should think before I speak. Maybe I should help you out with your bags?”

Yoongi crane his head down and oh he forgot he had them.

“It’s fine, I could handle. Thanks.”

“No, I insist. You carried a lot of bag here and you are holding your dog right now,” Taehyung grip on his bags, “I don’t mind. Really.”

Yoongi nod again, walks to his door and guide Taehyung in to put his bags on the dining table. Yoongi smiles awkwardly at him when Taehyung stood quietly, “Thank you.”

“It’s not a big deal,” Taehyung grin, “I’ll - I’ll go now.”

Yoongi follows him behind with his dog who barked after Taehyung was out of sight.

 

“Yeah, I think I would like him too.”