Four

Imposter Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A dance.

Of course it would be a dance.

And of course it would be a dance that she has never done before, in front of Girls’ Generation’s Sunny, the sunbae whose song this is.

In front of Yoo Jaesuk.

And they all get sprayed by water the moment anyone makes a mistake.

And they only get to see the dance once.

And everyone else besides her and Chahee, the girl from Melody Day has danced to this before.

She would hiss in frustration but they are all mic-ed up and the cameras are still rolling so instead she settles for a smile as she watches dancer-Sejeong-replica do the crab leg dance. Besides, idols are supposed to be good at dancing. This is all very reasonable.

And then they begin.

She can barely see Solbin out of the corner of her eye but the music does not stop and soon the chorus arrives.

Arms akimbo, legs pointing to the left, hip down, hip up. She can do this. She can do this.

The music stops and the water starts spraying. Her hands fly to her face. They had all been told to put on makeup that is somewhat water resistant but on-camera is not the place to test the water-resistant-ness of mascara. Solbin shrieks and runs under the umbrella while Sejeong turns her back to the water guns as her hair starts getting damp.

“Why?” Yerin demands, “What’d we do wrong?”

“Sejeong-sshi, your legs were pointed the wrong way,” the producer says.

Her heart sinks as she drops into a bow, “Sorry!”

“One more time,” Yoo Jaesuk says.

The music starts and the chorus rolls around.

She points her feet a little further left this time but the music stops. Four of the other girls dash under the umbrella. Sejeong’s heart is still sinking so she does not move. The streams of water splash onto her hands.

“Sejeong-sshi,” th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter