My first love

My seven loves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My first love was Kim Taehyung. Taehyung (or Tae, like I used to call him) was my best friend. You know those stories where the girl falls in love with her best friend? Well, my first love was kinda like that. Kinda. So I’m american and so are my parents but, after my father died in a work accident when I was nine, me and my mom moved to Deagu, in South Korea. My mother got a job as an English teacher and I went to the same school she was working at. That’s where I met Tae. You see, Tae was one of those students who can easily persuade other people: whether they’re students or teachers. He was basically someone who people trusted easily and for that he was really popular and everyone liked him. He was really easy to talk to, also.    

It was a bit difficult for me in the beginning to adjust to my new life, because well... first of all I didn’t know the language; and second of all Korea has so many different traditions and such a different culture that I didn’t know about that I felt kind of lost.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday

7:00 am

 

The alarm clock woke both me and my mom up. Yesterday was the day we moved in and I (being a scared little nine years old girl) begged my mother to sleep in her bed with her.

“Today is your first day of school, sweetie! Aren’t you excited to meet your new classmates?”- My mother asked being the always positive, cheering person she was.

“I don’t want to go! What if they don’t understand me? What if I can’t understand them? What if they don’t like me? Mommy, I’m sacred!”- Tears started to gather around my eyes. Being the new girl was scary enough to make me want to hide and never come out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At that time, I used to be shy and I used to try to avoid any social activities because I was just too insecure about myself.

---------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter