JIMIN - My Brightest

My Brightest (Park Jimin x OC One-Shot)

Park Jimin x OC

"My Brightest"

Romance 

With both characters' point of views. I will not give memo on which one is which, but I give some separations. Would still be easy to read, you will know which point of view is being used.

 

"One… two… three!" 

Soojung and I run towards the flag at the sandy beach, just to have a little olympic games going in there. 

"Park Jimin, don't cheat! You're flying!" 

What she said was true: I fly (or usually people call it leaps), really having the moment of my life not caring about my girlfriend which is only the human version of a sloth.

"Of course I'm flying, because I'm your angel!" I shouted back, still running after her.

Soojung laughs, I'm sure she got shivers from what I said. "Ew, I cringe so hard."

"Whatever. I'll get a kiss anyways. YAY!" I pump my fist as I finally grab the plastic flag we found earlier. 

"Aw, man. I want to eat pork belly so much." She sighs loudly, bringing her body into a bowing position to catch her breath.

So the deal was if I win, I'll get a kiss. And if she does, I'll have to treat her pork belly as much as she wants. Seems like our deal is far from same. But what she didn't know is how long I plan to kiss her.

"Oh my God, I finally can taste your sweet lips again." True; She was sick last week.

"Damn, boy. Calm your shiz." She flashes a smile, the one that I love the most about her.

Then I tower over her, placing my hand on her cheek, the other around her waist, and pull her closer to me. There is nothing more perfect than this: the breeze is delicate and the sky is orange and pink while waiting the sun to go down. Not to mention the lovely seagulls hovering above the sea and the sound of broken waves that can make any heart calmed down. 

"I love you, Han Soojung."

"Love you more, my Chimchim." 

And there goes my infinite kiss with her in this beautiful beach.

***

I wake up feeling outrageous since my mother is already yelling at six in the morning. Turns out that my younger sister Shinjung just got home about an hour ago, still half drunk, after four days gone missing. 

No, not actually missing. We both knew that it's just her rebellious heart that is too easy to get mad and taking short cuts, that she would stay at her friend's house anyways. I don't know why she is still shellfish, just like a 15 year-old girl. But four days is way out of line. 

"So what if I didn't go home? I'd be scolded anyways. I'm here or not, it'll still be the same!" Shinjung once again yelled onto mum's face. That girl is surely something. I don't know where she got all of this from because my mother is actually the sweetest person I know. And this came from the girl who is not so obedient. Sometimes I can be wild but I know which ones are my boundaries, I had some arguments with her but I hardly yell. All because I already acknowledge her as the strongest and most independent single parent ever existed in this life. Her love for us is beyond imagination; she used to work only for her two daughters. And it's because of her that we could finally be this pampered.

"Don't act like you don't have a home, Shinjung. And you get scolded because you deserve them."

I know right?

Still with that silly drunken voice, she shouts back. "I've had enough already!"

She was just lucky that my mother doesn't kick her out. "Mum, you heard her. Don't waste your beautiful voice for her because she clearly does't have ears anymore." I roll my eyes at my sister. 

"You snobby ! They just gave you a job out of pity. Don't be too proud of it!" 

"Han Shinjung!" My mother cries.

Oh, she is so done. 

"Get out." I said firmly, then grabs her purse to pick her wallet. "My purse-"

"I said, get out!" Of course, with me taking her wallet, she couldn't take anything with her. 

Stomps out, she finally walks towards the door, leaving my head in so much pain.

 

At night, Jimin suddenly asked me to have a dinner together. I kinda love it when we do these kind of things; exactly like how best-friends works. One time he said he wanted to eat chimek so much and fifteen minutes later I showed up at his door bringing them in. Or maybe when I randomly said I wanted to go to Everland and the next hour he picked me up and drove me there. We just sort of live with no plans. And of course, we want life to surprise us. 

But this one is the time where I enjoy it half-hearted because of the things that happened early in the morning. 

"Hey, is something wrong? Don't you want to eat jjajangmyeon? Should we move?"  My boyfriend asked, with his sweet worried eyes looking at mine. "You look kinda… down today."

I decided not to ruin the dinner, so I make a reason. "I just want a nice walk at the park after this. Do you mind going? Or do you have works to do?"

"Thankfully not. Let's go then!" He smiles. I know he knows that I don't want to talk about the matter in this right moment. Before I even asked, he already gets that he should wait. Though, that smile melts my heart a little, putting me at slight ease. And I am so thankful that we both are freelancers for now.

 

The park is not that crowded, so we picked a bench for ourselves a bit far from the public. I bring my knees up, while he rests his arm around me. 

"So, how's everything?" Jimin asked again, of course implicitly.

"Not good," I bring my head down. "I… I kicked Shinjung out of the house."

He goes silent, literally waiting for me to continue. I do open up to him, but at some cases I don't. And he respects me for that.

"She was just so annoying and disrespectful towards my mother. What she seeks is only for her own selfish life, partying and drinking like she doesn't have something to do with her life. I mean, mum is still paying her college fees but that girl skipped the classes a lot. It's so… so heartless and cruel." I finally break down, bawl my eyes out in front of him. Remembering what my mother has done is always my weakness. 

"I'm sorry about that," Jimin says while pulling me into a hug. "Maybe the three of you have to talk it out slowly and carefully. Remind her about your mother, like, multiple times. It could make her feel guilty and finally toned down a bit." 

"It is kinda hard to do it calmly. She's always the one who cuts anything off, yelling at us for some reason." As I keep sobbing, my head is getting heavier each time. 

My tears don't stop raining while the minutes are passing by. He knew I just need to let everything out, that is why we keep on going silent for a moment. And not long after, I feel myself at ease. But we stay in that position, not caring about the night that is getting late.

"Hey, want to get some ice cream?" Jimin smiles like an excited puppy. He seems really wants it, though.

"In the middle of the night?" I unknowingly laughed.

"Gosh, I love your chuckles. Keep doing it, please." He then kisses my lips, which makes me startled a bit.

"Yah," I interrupt. "Don't attack me like that." Again, I let some giggles.

"Whatever. I suddenly crave for your lips more than the ice cream." 

"O-kay, I'm choosing the ice cream now." I backed my head, teasing this cute boy. "Let's go." I stand up and walk before him. 

"Yah, Han Soojung!" Eventhough I'm not looking back, I'm pretty sure he's pouting out of slight rage. He comes after me eventually, holding my hands so securely.

"Ice cream: 1, Kiss: 0. Pizza: 1, Kiss: 0. Food will always win, bae." I grin out of victory. 

"No. I will always win. Just you wait for my revenge later."

"Oooh, scary." I laugh again, this time louder, as my boyfriend gave me the most bitter look ever. 

***

Beep.

Beep- "Jimin?" Soojung picks up not even more than two beeps of waiting.

"Hey… um.. are you home?"

"Yeah. What's wrong?" Her voice full of worry.

"I''m at the front door. Can I visit for a moment?" I asked, not really sure since I'm watching the watch ticking to 9:58 pm.

"Sure. I'll be downstairs."

After a minute, she opened the door looking so tired and drained, but seems a bit 'fresh' for a person who had just woken up.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you at night." I said as we sit on the couch.

"It's nothing. Mum's at Inje for her sister's birthday and Shinjung is still not home, probably back at 3 am or something."

"But I woke you up."

"I haven't sleep yet. In fact, I couldn't sleep anyways." She stands up, aiming her steps to the kitchen. "What do you want? Tea? Milk? Or perhaps, wine?"

"Tea would be nice. Thanks so much Jung-ah." 

 

We sit there for a moment since we're listening to our favorite jazz album blasting around the living room. She is holding me while I crouch down in her hug, like how I used to do in my kindergarten days with my mother. It is only with her that I could feel like this; to act like 22 or 5 but she still there for me, not caring about how annoying or how childish I could be. Soojung really got the most patience from the world. 

And I am so comfortable about telling all of my secrets to her. "Can I tell a story?"

"You don't have to ask, babe." She smiles, my hair. 

"I just got fired from my job. It wasn't even my own fault."

"Uri Jiminie… I am very sure that some better companies need your incredible skill. Keep believing and I'll be here to support you, okay?"

"But it was… he did not submit the letter so the whole deal was canceled and I was the one who made all of the letters and requirements and… and he was the one who had to send it, not me." My rage level is increasing right now that even I got fire in my heart. Remembering it only makes me feel uneasy.

"It's okay," I know she lets me be. Meanwhile we just keep cuddling on her sofa with me always longing of her touch even if we meet almost everyday. "Hey, what about we go camping next week?"

"Okay." I responded immediately. I think I do need some break. "Make me some kimbaps, yeah?" A little smile is drawn on my face, finally.

"I'll bring everything you want, don't worry." She kisses my forehead so tenderly. "I love you, baby."

"Me too." I said as I hug her more and more tightly.

***

We supposed to be at the camping track enjoying bonfire and seeing stars at night.

Soojung and I should be eating kimbaps and making s'mores now.

I sank deeper as I hold the picture of us in front of my eyes, letting it half-dipped under water. 

"I love you, my Chimchim." 

It wasn't fair that my last encounter were only with her voice. I never know that she battled with her sickness all this time. And I am feeling so shellfish for not asking her about that and got mad when she suddenly canceled our camping trip.

At early morning, Shinjung unexpectedly came to my apartment, with bloodshot eyes accompanying her. "Shinjung? What are you doing here?" I asked, having zero idea.

"My sister… um…" The girl started to shed tears whilst I was still standing there being puzzled as hell. "This is the last I could do for her, to pick you up in person." Her voice trembled, having a hard time between breathing, sobbing, and talking.

"What happened?" I started to feel so uneasy.

"Would you come with me?" Now she's barely audible. Without thinking, I grabbed my jacket and leave my apartment empty.

And that's how I met Soojung for the last time, laying down so beautifully yet soul-less inside a white coffin full of lily flowers, her favourite. 

I broke down, couldn't believe what had happened. Last week she was still cuddling with me, my hair and kissed my forehead.

But there will not be those kind of things anymore.

What I felt was only anger towards myself that I wanted to hit my head on the wall. We didn't even have a chance to say goodbyes. I was in deep shock that I lost my conscious for once, eventually.

After Shinjung gave every things Soojung had that had something to do with me, I went home feeling so empty. The half of my heart is gone. I don't know how to make it into one again. Nobody can.

Then here I am, sinking into my bathtub full of cold water for almost three hours now at night. Flicking every photos that we had until my tears are actually filling the tub, united with the tap water.

"Soojung-ah…" I cried, hoping I could turn back time.

"Han Soojung… Please, I love you so much, my brightest sun." I hug my knees and put my head onto it with the cold starting to get around me.

Though now my existence is all about remembering her and regretting everything I didn't do for her.

Han Soojung, 1995 ~ 2016

 


i really don't know maan i mean i rlly need some feedback heheee

thank you for subscribing and reading :))

loveloveeee

 

credit for the creative team of I Need U mv bc I used the bathtub scene of Jimin's