Drunk love

Firework

There was a soft wind blowing through the streets of the city. The moon was full and bright on the night sky. It was almost midnight and the streets got more and more quiet as the night progressed.

„We'll see each other tomorrow. I'll just walk (y/n) home.“, said the dark haired man with a wide grin on his face. He was only a bit drunk while the girl he had just referred to was strongly intoxicated.

 

She stood right next to him and angrily flashed her eyes at him. “I'm … not drunk at all”, was the only thing she managed to say. Her current tunnel vision made her stare at him way longer than necessary. The rest of the group had to walk home in another direction, so they just laughed and said good bye.

(Y/n) had a hard time walking straight, therefore she took her time and concentrated hard on every step. There was no way she would make a fool out of herself in front of Jimin.

He watched her efforts with a grin. Or rather strolled next to her while laughing quietly. If she hadn't thought his laugh was just the cutest, she would have definitely punched him right in the face.

“You've really overdone yourself today”, Jimin commented after a while. (Y/n) didn't respond at first.

“I had a rough week so leave me alone”, she then said finally. For a second she stumbled and almost fell over, but Jimin caught her just in time.

He held her in his arms and (y/n) really didn't know what was happening. She just froze in this position and looked at him. Suddenly everything went quiet around them. They blocked out everything except for each other. In her tunnel vision she focused on his plump lips. The only thought she was able to think of was how badly she wanted to kiss him.

But before she was able to react, something really loud yanked them out of their thoughts. (Y/n) turned her head and looked up, startled about the sudden noise. On the dark night sky she saw fireworks! Lots and lots of beautiful fireworks. Both (y/n) and Jimin stared up at the wonderful lights and didn't even notice how they still remained in a close embrace.

“There's nothing prettier than fireworks”, (y/n) whispered softly. Somehow that heart-stopping moment had made her a little more sober.

Jimin looked at her for a short moment and smiled shyly. “Yes, there is”, he said and took another look at the bright sky. Now it was (y/n) turn to look at Jimin. “And what would that be?”, she asked. Without answering he just laughed her question off and tried to avoid her curious glimpse. She moved out of his embrace but didn't break the eye contact. “Tell me already”

He laughed again, which made her even more eager.

“You should sober up first. Now come on, we gotta go”, Jimin said. A poor attempt to distract her. He already regretted his little hint and hoped she'd forget about it soon.

“That's what's driving me insane! Ever since I know you I just don't know how to feel”, (y/n) let out after thinking about it for a while. Jimin eyed her with a puzzled look and ruffled his hand through his hair how he always did when he was nervous. Especially whenever (y/n) was near him for that matter.

“You always make these suggestive remarks! One moment I'm hopeful that you might feel the same way as I, but the next second you have a one night stand with some random girl. Then you ignore me and on the next day you suddenly try to kiss me! I would never tell you this if I was sober, but I just had to say it once and for all!”, with every word she raised her voice a little more. She became angrier by the second.

Jimin patiently listened to what she had to say with a serious look on his face. Even though he really had to pull himself together. She was just so adorable.

He suppressed a big smile. He knew that this was the right moment.

“You wanted to know what's prettier than fireworks”, he said slowly. Now he had all her attention. Her hands were still clenched into fists as he moved closer to her.

After a long pause he finally said: “You.”

He looked straight into her eyes. They were so close to each other that (y/n) could feel his breath.

She got goose bumps and shivers all over. “Me?”

He laughed softly before he answered: “Who else, silly”

His smile disappeared as he slowly began to reduce the last empty space that was left between them. (Y/n)'s knees started shaking so hard that she felt like she was about ta fall. Her heart pounded faster than ever. When his lips were just a few inches away from hers she closed her eyes.

 

But as long as she waited, the kiss didn't happen.

“What's wrong?”, (y/n) asked and opened her eyes again. She couldn't help but feel disappointed. In front of her she saw an anxious expression on Jimins face. “I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do. You're still drunk. I don't want you to regret anything tomorrow”, he moved away from her which (y/n) didn't like at all.

“I've been in love with you ever since we first met. Wouldn't I be the biggest moron to regret this now?” with that being said (y/n) reached for the collar of Jimins shirt and kissed him. She was always afraid of being rejected by him. Even now the fear was still in the back of her head.

But when her lips touched his, she could feel that he smiled. He put his arms around her and hugged her tightly, as if he never wanted to let her go again. Still it was a shy and reluctant kiss. Jimin didn't want to force anything on her in her current state. After a while he pulled away slowly and said: “I'm going to bring you home now” He then took her hand lovingly.

When the two of them finally started walking again the fireworks were long gone. But this magical atmosphere between them stayed.

(Y/n) clung to Jimins arm as they walked.

When they reached (y/n)s front door they stood there for a while and hugged each other tightly.

“It was wonderful with you”, Jimin hummed and enjoyed the scent of her hair for a little longer. “I love you, Park Jimin”, (y/n) said. She just didn't want to let go. “You have to sleep now”, Jimin laughed. “I promise I'll come back tomorrow”, he gave her another kiss. (Y/n) sighed: “Alright”

She knew that in her current state it was probably the best decision to go to bed anyway. She didn't admit it, but she was thankful for how caring and responsible Jimin was.

“Sleep well, princess”, he gave her a small peck on the forehead before he turned around and walked home. (Y/n) watched him for a long time until she finally tried to find the key hole. She was still so flustered that her hands were shaking.

Jimin on the other hand just couldn't stop smiling. On the whole way home he had the widest grin across his face. His cheeks even started hurting from all that smiling, but he just couldn't stop. In that moment he felt like the happiest man ever. Even if he feared that he wouldn't be able to sleep that night.