Chapter 1

Goodbye

This chapter will be set in the past and so will others. Just a heads up incase you get confused. 😊

••••

"Jinhwan hyung!" A small, shrill voice of a 6 year old called out to the taller, older child sitting on the swing. The younger boy stopped in front of the other and smiled widely, his hands unclenching and clenching in front of the older, wanting to be picked up.

The 8 year old Jinhwan smiled softly and stretched his arms out to pick up the small child, "Oof! You're getting so heavy Junhoe-ah!" Jinhwan exclaimed as he set the boy on his lap only to softly push the swing back and forth.

The young boy looked up at Jinhwan with a pout, "Are you calling me fat?" The boy named Junhoe whined. Jinhwan's eyes widened before they turned into crinkles and he laughed, a soft velvety sound.

"No June-ah, I'm just saying you're growing, soon you'll be big and tall, maybe taller than me," Jinhwan chuckled once more before ruffling the younger's hair but Junhoe didn't mind as he stared up at his hyung with wonder.

"Hyung you're pretty," The child suddenly exclaimed which caused Jinhwan to choke on his spit. Jinhwan gazed at Junhoe with big eyes full of confusion at the sudden confession before he quickly wiped the look off his face and grinned at Junhoe, ruffling his hair again.

Junhoe suddenly felt his heart beat uncontrollably and heat rush to his cheeks, turning them red. The child stared at the ground shyly, gazing at Jinhwan before averting his eyes again. Jinhwan was once again puzzled at the younger's behavior.

"What's wrong June-ah? Does your tummy hurt?" Jinhwan questioned as he tried to get a good look at the younger's face but he turned away ever time.

Junhoe shook his head as he played with his tiny, chubby fingers to which Jinhwan sighed in relief. "Then what's wrong?" Jinhwan asked, his voice soft. Junhoe shook his head again and swung his feet. Jinhwan decided to let it go and push the swing with the sole of his feet. Comfortable silence overtook them but Junhoe had one thought on his mind.

His hyung is pretty cute.

••••

9 years later

"Junhoe hurry up we're gonna be late!" Junhoe heard a squeaky voice call out.

"I'm coming!" Junhoe yelled back and grumbled under his breath about who cares about being late Junhoe trudged down the stairs, being obvious about not caring about being late.

The voice that had turned out to be Jinhwan's sighed and grabbed Junhoe's wrist and began to drag him towards the front door, Junhoe's heart skipped a beat and his cheeks tinted pink.

"Bye mom!" Junhoe shouted and heard his mother reply to be careful before shutting the door behind him and Jinhwan and began walking to school. Jinhwan and Junhoe have been friends(best friends if one might ask) since childhood. Their mothers have been friends for years and naturally Jinhwan and Junhoe came over to each other's houses regularly and it didn't help that they've been going to the same schools for years as well. So there was no way not to became friends. 

After reminiscing about the past Junhoe was pulled out of his thoughts by the Jinhwan suddenly shouting his name. Junhoe snapped his head to the older, but now shorter(unlike when they were kids) male. 

"What?" Junhoe demanded, raising an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean what? You were spacing out." Jinhwan huffed before looking straight ahead. Junhoe's eyes softened and he cracked a small, barely visible smile. Junhoe ruffled the other's hair affectionately and cooed about how cute he was.

"Yah! I'm your hyung!" Jinhwan cried out, slapping the taller's hand away and walking faster. "You're so short though," Junhoe chuckled, teasing him. He stopped laughing though when Jinhwan suddenly froze and his eyes suddenly widened.

"What's wrong hyung? I was just teasing and-" Junhoe stopped speaking when he realized the other wasn't listening and instead directed his attention to where Jinhwan's eyes were fixated. He watched as two guys(probably from their school) approached them. 

He didn't recognize the two males but Jinhwan surely did judging by the way he was responding as they got closer. Junhoe reached for Jinhwan's wrist to try to pull him back, noticing how nervous he was. Though Jinhwan moved his wrist out of reach and only smiled back at him.

"Hey shorty" called one of the two guys. This guy was slightly taller than the other and was evidently built. "Who's this?" The other guy questioned, nodding in Junhoe's direction. Junhoe glared at him to which he responded with a chuckle, "Oo feisty," he uttered. 

"My friend.." Jinhwan murmured. "I didn't know you had friends ," The one with muscles joked causing the other to laugh obnoxiously loud. 

"What do you want?" Junhoe demanded roughly, he already didn't like them. "We just want to talk to shorty over there, privately," He said pointing to Jinhwan who he just noticed had his head low. Where did his perky hyung go?

"We can talk here," Junhoe crossed his arms over his chest and leaned on one leg, scowling harder at the two males. "It's ok June-ah," He heard his hyung say, his voice mellow. "See? We're just going to talk," The slimier guy grinned and turned away to begin to walk, the buff guy following.

Jinhwan made a move to follow but Junhoe grasped his wrist before he could. Junhoe didn't say anything but he stared into his hyung's eyes, trying to get his message across. Jinhwan gazed up and he could see the worry swirling in the others eyes, "It's ok," he spoke faintly and shook his wrist out of the taller's hand. Junhoe could only watch as Jinhwan ran to catch up to the two guys.

Junhoe clenched his fists and continued to walk to school, a grim expression on his face.

He didn't see Jinhwan the rest of the morning.

  •••• 

Even though him and Jinhwan were in the same grade they didn't have any classes together so Junhoe could only see him at lunch. Junhoe watched the clock in English, his 3rd period, anxiously tapping his foot.

He sprang up when he heard the lunch bell ring, hurriedly shoving his books into his bag. He practically ran out the class, ignoring what the teacher was telling them. He ran halfway to the lunch room and stopped in front of the double door, collecting himself. Junhoe calmly opened the entrance and swerved his head around the room, searching for Jinhwan.

He finally found him in the mob of people, sitting with their friend Donghyuk. Junhoe quickly marched over to the table and stood beside Jinhwan. His eye caught a dull yet vivid purplish blue on the side of Jinhwan's face and his expression turned bitter.

He suddenly sat beside Jinhwan, causing the older to startle and turn toward him, "Ah June-yah you scared m-" he started but Junhoe cut him off, "What happened?" He asked, staring intensely at the bruise on his face.

Jinhwan gave him confused look before realization dawned over him. He brought his hand up to cover his bruise, "A-ah this? I ran into a pole, stupid right?" Jinhwan chuckled nervously as Junhoe shifted to stare into his eyes. "I'm ok though, really," He added and beamed before turning to talk to Donghyuk.

Junhoe didn't believe him though. He knows they did it.

He knows they hurt him.

  •••• 

Hello and thanks for reading this chapter and sorry for being dramatic at the end, I couldn't help it.  I didn't want to hurt my son please forgive me haha. Anyways, thanks for reading. ^^