A Big Mistake...?

Just One Kiss

Suga and Jimin returned to the dorm together after the day’s work without the other members. The others were all still at the main office or out and about busy with this and that. Jimin showered first and after Suga was washed and changed he exited the bathroom.

“Hyung want me to dry your hair?” Jimin offered with his sweet eye smile.

“Hm? Yeah sure, thanks,” Suga replied cooly handing Jimin the towel hanging around his neck.

Post shower Suga really is the best, Jimin thought to himself, his heart beating a little faster. Jimin brought a chair for Suga to sit on and placed the towel over the older’s wet hair. He began to move it in circular motions, humming to himself. Suga looked down at his phone as Jimin did this and didn’t notice when the towel stopped moving. Jimin lost himself momentarily in Suga’s scent. It was the same shampoo they all used but coming from Suga Jimin thought it smelled entirely better. He then placed his strong arms around the other shoulders, engulfing him in a firm back hug. Suga paused his phone preoccupation and gave light pats to Jimin’s arms in front of him as reciprocation to Jimin’s “friendly” hug.

Jimin released Suga and heaved a sigh as he continued to dry Suga’s hair. After a few minutes Jimin finished up and let Suga go. The older thanked the younger hap hazardly, and as he stood up from the chair Jimin glanced at him. A glance that turned into a gaze, a gaze that communicated all his longing. Jimin gave into himself as he focused on every feature of Suga, lastly his lips.

Jimin approached Suga and firmly grasped his shoulders.

“Hm?” Suga looked at Jimin curiously and the younger returned his gaze with a look of longing in his eyes. Then Jimin moved his face close to Suga’s, tilting his head slightly and making their lips touch lightly. Jimin’s eyes were closed as he felt electric euphoria strike through his body. Suga’s eyes widened and he brought his arms up to push Jimin away roughly. Jimin’s expression instantly turned scared when he realized and looked up at Suga’s shocked one. After a moment Suga quickly walked passed Jimin towards the bathroom, Jimin trailing behind him pleading frantically,

“Hyung! Hyung!” Suga got to the bathroom and quickly closed the door behind him, Jimin nearly running into it. “Hyung please don’t hate me,” Jimin pleaded through the door, resting his head on the cold wood and lightly tapping it with his shaking fists. ”Please…” Just then Rapmon and Jin entered the apartment followed by V and Jungkook. They came in greeting Jimin and Suga, but their smiles faded when they saw Jimin’s worried expression in front of a closed bathroom door.

“What’s wrong?” Jin asked. Jimin resolved not to tell a soul what happened and quickly spoke.

“Suga isn’t opening up.”

“Is he okay? Will he not answer you? How long has he been in there?” Jin’s flurry of questions prompted a response from the shaken Suga. He opened the door, his usual plain face on and stated,

“I just have a headache, I think I’ll go to bed now and hope it’s gone by morning,” sounding a bit annoyed.

“Did you take medicine already?” Rapmon asked concerned, but relieved nothing more serious was going on.

“No, I’ll be fine,” Suga replied proceeding to go to his bed and lay down, motioning for the members to turn off the light when they leave. Jin quickly ushered the others out of the room and gave a reassuring smile to Suga before turning off the light and leaving the room.

As Jin closed the door quietly behind him he asked Jimin who had been simply looking at the floor silently this whole time, “What happened? You looked really worried.” Jimin responded with a small sigh (he tried to make it sound like relief),

“Nothing I was just worried when Suga said his head hurt and didn’t come out of the bathroom for a while. I was overreacting.” Jimin gave Jin a small apologetic smile and the older patted the younger’s shoulder.

“It’s okay, let’s eat dinner then, what should we order?” V excitedly responded first with “Pizza!” Followed by Jungkook with “Wings!” Rapmon chimed in with, “I’d like anything, I’m starving.”

“Okay,” Jin responded picking up the phone and dialing the number. He proceeded to order their usual as the other members went about their business in their rooms or lingered around the kitchen waiting impatiently for the food to arrive. Jimin stayed standing in the same place, looking down at his feet when Jin’s worried gaze caught his eye. They exchanged small smiles that communicated “Are you alright?” “Yes, I’m fine, sorry.” And right after Jimin started for his empty room.

He slowly walked inside and closed the door, leaving the light off. V was with Jungkook in his and Rapmon’s room and J-Hope was still at the main office dancing, so he sat on his bed, guilt eating at the inside of his gut and brain. Now his head actually did hurt and as he laid down on his bed the feeling of hot tears and a sour pang in his stomach began to approach. He tucked his knees towards his chest and laid there trying to cry silently for the entire 30 minutes it took the food to get there. He wiped his eyes when he heard the doorbell ring and turned to face the wall. Jungkook entered the room shortly after to tell him of the food, but was greeted with a dark room and his hyung’s back.

“Food’s here. What’s wrong hyung?” Jungkook walked up to Jimin and leaned over him in worry and curiosity.

“Nothing,” Jimin replied (trying to sound sleepy though he really was emotionally exhausted). The older kept his eyes closed as he continued his excuse,” I’m just tired let me be. I’ll eat later.” Jungkook nodded his head,

“Okay, if you need anything just ask hyung.” Jimin hummed an ok in response and Jungkook left the room puzzled. When he appeared at the table in front of the others alone with a weird look on his face, Jin quickly asked,

“Where’s Jimin?” Jungkook responded sitting down at the table,

“He says he’s tired and will eat later, he was just laying down in the dark sleeping I guess.” Jungkook shrugged as Jin’s expression turned puzzled.

“Hm, he doesn’t seem his usual self like earlier, I wonder what’s wrong. I hope they’re not getting sick. Suga also didn’t want to get up, he preferred to rest instead.” Jin sighed and sat down to eat with the others, the two members’ odd actions moving to the back of his mind. J-Hope arrived a few minutes after and all of BTS ate, without Suga or Jimin. J-Hope finally asked about Suga and Jimin after stuffing a slice of pizza in his face.

“They’re not feeling well,” Jin replied with a concerned face. Hobi hyung responded with and “Oh” and a head nod, then returned to his food, the rest of the members continuing to make light hearted conversation.

 

After their meal Jin returned to his and Suga’s room, trying to get ready for bed as silently as possible. Much later that night he was stirred from his sleep by footsteps in the room and whispers he could barely make out as Jimin’s.

“Suga? Suga?” Jimin tried, whispering at Suga’s back.

“Go away Park,” Suga replied sharply. Jimin’s hurt face couldn’t be seen in the dark, but Jin’s own heart hurt at the sound of Suga’s cold reply. Jimin whispered out a barely audible “I’m sorry”, before his footsteps were heard shuffling out of the room and closing the door carefully behind him.

Jimin quickly burst into hot tears, biting his lip to keep it from quivering or letting out any sound. He quickly ran towards the door, slipped on some shoes, and left the apartment. He sprinted down the hallway and stairs, arriving at the front of the apartment building at break neck speed. He ran furiously down the street despite the late hour, because he felt that’s all he could do. He sobbed between his heaving breaths, Suga’s icy command ringing through his head. Park? Park?! He’s never stooped that low before…even when we first met he called me Jimin. He hates me so much he can’t even say my name? He can’t even bear to say my simple name? I disgust him that much?

With each tragic thought a fresh wave of tears burst from his eyes, streaming down his cheeks. He sniffled and sobbed angrily, and when he finally stopped his running he bent over his knees, fluid dripping from his eyes and nose. He got out a napkin he had left in his gym shorts and blew out his nose continuing to walk away from the dorm. He finally sat on the curb in front of a closed store. The streets had been deserted and Jimin had silently thanked God for this fact, he didn’t think he could deal with the stress of someone seeing him.

He sat for a few minutes before he resolved to go back to the dorm. He walked slowly and heaved long sighs at each reasoning thought shooting through his mind. Suga couldn’t act that cold in front of the other members or else they’d ask, he thought, so he figured they’d act like nothing happened. Whether Suga forgave him or not didn’t matter, they had to act normal.

Jimin groaned in frustration thinking, Why did he have to get carried away? All this time he had handled and hid his feelings appropriately, but now because of one stupid impulsive act everything was ruined. Would hyung even let him praise him? Talk to him? Without a feeling or look of disgust coming afterwards? Jimin thought all these terrible things as he arrived back at the apartment building and dragged himself back upstairs and into the dorm.

As he quietly closed the door behind him he heaved a sigh of relief and proceeded to his room, but not before a voice that made him jump rang out from the darkness.

“Where did you go?” It was Jin, Jimin sighed again for what felt like the millionth time that evening as Jin the kitchen light. “Do you even know what time it is?”

“I’m sorry hyung, did I wake you?” Jimin asked, unknowing of Jin’s suspicions.

“I asked you a question,” Jin replied sternly. Jimin looked at him surprised and then turned defensive.

“I’m a grown man, you are not my parent, you don’t need to know,” Jimin said as he turned to go to his room. But what Jin said next stopped him in his tracks.

“What happened with Suga?” Jin had his arms crossed over his chest and his brow furrowed. Jimin only turned his head over his shoulder slightly to answer him with,

“Nothing, I told you already.” Jin rolled his eyes.

“Suga doesn’t get upset over nothing. What happened?” Jin said the last part more demanding than Jimin had ever heard him, but he wasn’t going to budge, not now not ever.

“I was being annoying when he had a headache. He’s irritable right now, I don’t know why…maybe it’s the headache,” Jimin responded, his profile to Jin. The older sighed,

“Yeah maybe it’s his headache.” Jin was not convinced in the slightest. Jimin turned and continued his way to his room.

“Goodnight hyung,” Jimin said before quietly opening his door and slipping into the room with a sleeping V and J-Hope. Jin pressed his back against the fridge letting out a sigh of relief. He had never been that stern before, and he wanted to know what was going on. He eventually turned off the light and returned to bed after a few minutes of contemplation and as he laid restless in bed Suga spoke to him.

“Jin, it really is just my headache. You know how irritable I can be sometimes. I promise you I’m feeling better so don’t worry about it.” Jin still wasn’t fully convinced, but he responded with an “Ok” anyway. He finally went back to sleep and awaited the events of tomorrow.