Chapter Six

Acacia [Hiatus]

After that day came a blur in Myungsoo's mind. Days turned into weeks and still, he continued on with this little conquest of his. But not only that, he began to keep note of how many times his friends asked him whether he was alright or not because "you look so happy it scares me! Are we in a different world or something?" or so what Dongwoo and Sungjong kept exclaiming every time he met up with them.

 

And not to mention...

 

"Myungsoo ah! Sungjong has just told us something." Dongwoo slung an arm over said boy's shoulders, a teasing grin plastered on his face. It was their break time- for all of them, considering Myungsoo's dad needed to run some errands and was forced to close the shop for the day. Still, that didn't explain why Dongwoo and Howon was here with them. Again.

 

The younger shifted his head to the side, glancing over his shoulder with a look of indifference. "What is it?"

 

Before the older could say a word, Sungjong came in and responded casually for him, "I only told him that I saw you sneaking around Governor Lee's home."

 

"Thinking of the bet, huh?" Dongwoo added in, wiggling an eyebrow at him.

 

Myungsoo merely shrugged off the male's arm from his shoulder and headed over to sit beside Hoya. Though he looked to be calm and collected, there was a mental head-banging in the back of his mind. How could he have been so careless as to get spotted by one of his friends- and worse, it was no one more than the prince of gossip himself, Lee Sungjong. He should've known from the way everyone- no, not everyone, it was just Dongwoo and Sungjong- was looking at him like they had found a vault full of gold and jewelry.

 

"No need to think about it, Myungsoo ah. They're just playing around." Sunggyu tried to reassure him with a smile. But, unfortunately for him, Sunggyu saying that meant that he believed those two.

 

Great. Scratch Kim Sunggyu off his list of supporters.

 

"Is it true though?" Howon questioned quietly, his eyes darted toward the two who were now pushing each other playfully. Myungsoo was vaguely aware of the slight smile the other gave them when he asked.

 

And scratch Lee Howon off his list as well. What had he done to deserve this?

 

Myungsoo didn't say a word.

 

"Myungsoo? You okay?"

 

"...I'm fine."

 

Howon pursed his lips for a second as his gaze lingered onto him for a little while longer. Then, he glanced away, only to catch an interesting sight before him, "Nevermind." As soon as he said that, he picked himself off from his seat before calmly(?) heading toward Dongwoo and Sungjong, who then looked like they were about to kiss each other from the way they were angled.


Myungsoo sighed as he snuck out of his home for another visit to Sungyeol's home. And here he thought he was about to get pressured by the group...thankfully though, it never happened because after that day, everyone went back to their own daily routine.



As he climbed over the wall, he was soon greeted by a figure in white, sitting on the same porch with the same bright smile he was given everyday. And every single day, he would inwardly melt at the sight. Seriously, if he wasn't an intruder, he'd definitely visit her all day, just to see that beautiful smile.

 

"I'm back again." He spoke up as soon as he strode closer to her, waving his hand a little.

 

Sungyeol nodded enthusiastically, her smile brightening as she watched him take a seat beside her.

 

"Yesterday had been a long day."

 

She cocked her head to the side, urging him to continue.

 

The corner of his lip twitched up as he shook his head. "Nothing new really, aside from Sungjong entertaining the customers with his girly dances."

 

Sungyeol's mouth formed a small 'o' as she leaned forward a bit and pointed a finger to herself and above the wall. The boy laughed a little. He was able to comprehend what the other was saying now. How could he not, after all this time? "Someday. I'll take Sungjong with me and he'll give you a private show."

 

Though he wasn't even sure if he wanted to introduce him to her just yet...

 

Myungsoo let out a soft sigh and shifted his gaze to her. He was hesitant at first but after a short period of time, he began slowly, "Neh, you remember what I told you? About my friend catching me by your house?"

 

She blinked once and nodded her head, looking intrigued.

 

"They haven't gave up on it yet." he cleared his throat, slightly embarrassed when he recalled a time Sungjong once claimed he had a girlfriend now. Well...he was close? "And to tell the truth...I don't want to say a word about this. About..." The boy rubbed the back of his neck and eventually gestured between the two of them. "this. About us...you know?"

 

He heard Sungyeol sigh and he quickly looked away, concern and anxiousness beginning to eat his insides. He wondered if he said it wrong, because for all he knew, Sungyeol only saw him as a friend. Yah, I'm so stupid for saying that.

 

As he continued to beat himself, Myungsoo suddenly focused his attention to the other, who had his hand in her grasp. And by then, he slowly caught the words she traced on his palm. Yes. I know...and I don't mind. It makes me happy.

 

The male couldn't help but to stare at her.

 

"Sungyeol..."

 

Said girl jerkily ducked her head away from his sharp gaze as she continued, You made life...fun.

 

As soon as she said that, his mind reeled with hope and his spirit soared. Slowly, his lips curved into a wide smile and his hand tightened around hers. "Sungyeol..."

 

"Sungyeol ah? Are you awake?" A voice called out, one that of a woman's.

 

The two jerked up as they shifted their gaze to the closed doors belonging to the larger part of the house. Oh no! Someone was about to come over!

 

To be continued.

A/N: It's short and it's pretty rushed ;u; But yay, finally an update!!! Did you guys missed me?
There's a couple of things I want to say:
- A bit of writer's block still there but I'm trying to make it go away now~
- Myungsoo = too lovesick, you think?
- I love you guys so so much! 49 subscribers ;w; never had that many before <3
- Updating again in one or two days
 

Responses

iiRoRo-x: I can't say so you'll find out soon ;)

WhatsOnTheCeiling: You'll see the reason why in a few chapter xD Thanks for reading and commenting!

yoseobiu: lol 8Db Thanks for reading and commenting!

aegyoful: Not nice? Ehh...maybe you'll be surprised x3 Thanks for reading and commenting!

JustShine: lol yeah xD Thanks for reading and commenting!

kiiroPRI: You'll see why Yeol's a girl in a few chapters ;D Thanks for reading and commenting!

DMace9: My lips are sealed :x If I do say, then I'll spoil the story lol Thanks for reading and commenting!

NBA_ChineseBoy: Yay, thank you for thinking so. I'm happy to hear that :D <3 Thanks for reading and commenting!

kyuholic_loverholic: Ooh~ that's an interesting theory :D Unfortunately, I can't say a word about the plot. That'll ruin the story so you'll find out what will happy :3 Thanks for sharing <3

hyundeul: Happy you came back <3 Thanks for reading and commenting!

emmachu: He is, isn't he? 8D Thanks for reading and commenting!

StumblingClumsy: He is lol Maybe too much o_o Thanks for reading and commenting!

NoLimitxInfinite: Yay, a new reader <3 I really hope I don't disappoint you with this ^^