18th of May

NCT short stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Korea, May 18th, 1823

He felt freshly cut grass below his feet. The light wind was doing him a favor when it blew his hair back in its place. He didn't wear some fancy clothes, nor he had an expensive fragrance spread all over him. He was just fresh, as fresh as a farmer's son can be on this rushed morning. 

He wasn't like his other brothers and sisters, he was different. He sure was one of the most beautiful boys as far as the eye could see, but that wasn't the reason that distinguished him from them.

The grass was soon gone and was replaced with cold stones decorating the extravagant place. The palace was only a few minutes away now and Taeyong had to speed up if he wanted to arrive at the chamber he was literally dying to see. 

He didn't even take the time to greet the other maids properly. The place was a chaos due to the preparations that were taking place. It was ecstatic and the time was running out. 

When he finally reached his final destination, he banged the door open and he didn't hesitate to enter. When most people wouldn't dare to even knock on the door he just invited himself in. 

'Ten!' He shouted in panic before he quickly ran towards him.

'Ten...' he tightly hugged him not minding about his classy look, about his clothes or his approval of him for doing it, he just wanted to hug Ten with his all. He wanted to do more, way more than just hug, he would do it all for Ten only if he had the chance. 

Words weren't needed now, their embrace was enough and Ten gladly accepted Taeyong's hold. He pressed their chest's together to minimize the space separating them. 

They didn't move. Time was passing and they both felt safe in each other's arms. The music was already heard from the outside, the world was calling for them yet they were still here locked in this room not willing to face the harsh truth out there. 

'Ten... I'm so sorr-' Taeyong wanted to say when he pulled back, but Ten didn't let him. 

The kiss was pure sadness. The salty tears were rolling down their cheeks, and their eyes were tightly shut. 

'Don't- Ten pulled away,' ever say that again. 'It's just how it's supposed to be.' He saw how devastated Taeyong looked, but he had to stop, he had to let him go.

'I love you.' Taeyong confessed like many times before. 'I'll always love you Ten.' 

'You'll always be my one true love Taeyong, I hope you know this.' Ten said in a miserable tone.  

'Don't be so sad now.' Taeyong like always was his sunshine, his light at the end of the tunnel. He always cared for Ten's happiness more than his own. 

'Try to be happy.' Taeyong encouraged him plastering a painful smile on his face.

'Promise me you'll try Ten.' He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter