Cuddly Hanbin

Moments In Our Lives

 

“Bobby hyung?” Hanbin said, walking through Bobby’s ajar door. The rest of the members were out, getting a quick meal together in anticipation of their insane schedules. due to their comeback the following week. Bobby glanced up from his cell phone to meet the younger boy’s eyes, and grinned when he saw Hanbin’s attire. The leader wore a long t shirt that Bobby recognized as his own, along with a pair of boxers that were nearly covered by the aforementioned shirt. His highlighted hair was mussed, sticking out in random directions and glistening slightly, like Hanbin hadn’t washed it in a couple of days. Bobby didn’t doubt it. Anytime they had a few days off, Hanbin would grow so obsessed with writing lyrics and creating choreography and working on beats that he would neglect to pay any attention to himself. The younger twisted his long fingers into the material of the shirt and ground his bare foot into the carpet. His gaze stayed firmly on the floor. Bobby cleared his throat and Hanbin’s head shot up, almost mechanically. Bobby shuffled over in his bed, pulling the blankets down to allow his younger friend under them. Hanbin crawled in quickly, nestling down into Bobby’s sheets. He breathed in deeply, taking in the scent of his best friend’s cologne, and looked up to find Bobby grinning happily at him. Hanbin frowned, feeling pathetic at his own neediness. Bobby, as if sensing the negative turn in his emotions, swaddled the lanky boy and pulled him to his chest. He laid the blanket, with Hanbin wrapped up in it, on his chest and stomach, and began combing his fingers through the leader’s hair. He smiled widely at the clingy boy, thumb occasionally straying down to brush Hanbin’s jaw.

“How are you feeling? You’ve been in your room all day. Are you hungry?” Bobby asked, still calming his closest friend with calm along his head and face. Hanbin shrugged, shutting his eyes and burrowing deeper into Bobby’s embrace. “We can hang out here for a few minutes and then we have to get up and make sure you take care of yourself, okay?” He asked the younger. Hanbin shrugged and curled into Bobby some more. The older grinned and kept attempting to relax his stressed leader.

Twenty minutes later, Bobby maneuvered him out of the comfort of the bed, still wrapped in blankets. He put an arm around Hanbin’s waist and guided him all the way to the kitchen, where he sat the younger down in a chair and made him some ramyun and an egg, with chives and kimchi. Hanbin frowned at the food, but when Bobby shifted him up and slid into the chair beneath him, he began to eat slowly, finishing almost half the bowl before pushing it away and frowning again. Bobby gently pushed him to standing, and pulled on his wrist in the direction of the bathroom. He pulled the blankets off Hanbin’s shoulders and left the boy to shower.

While Hanbin showered, Bobby made his bed again and put away the food. He tidied up his bedroom and cleared his bed off of any technology or stray clothing. He made his way to Hanbin’s room and picked up a few things in there, as well, including shredded paper, which was an obvious sign of Hanbin’s recent stress and anxiety. He fiddled with his own tiny dreadlocks in the mirror as he waited for the water to shut off in the bathroom. He heard the telltale sound of the faucet stopping, and gathered his selected outfit for Hanbin. Bobby brought the younger a pair of soft sleep pants and one of his own shirts. Hanbin generally slept in his bandmates shirts, a comfort thing that no one truly understood but also no one questioned. The older rapper smiled when he heard Hanbin call his name, right on time, as expected.

“I’m right here. I’ve got your clothes in my hand. Lemme in.” He said, and Hanbin unlocked the door and swung it open. Inside, he stood with only a towel draped around his waist and one around his neck. He ran the one on his neck over his hair a few times as he took the clothes from Bobby and grinned openly at him. Bobby grinned back and turned to exit. Before he made it even a few feet, Hanbin grabbed his arm and pulled him back. He nestled his face into the crook of Bobby’s collar bone and inhaled deeply. He finally let him go moments later.

“I’ll be in my room.” Bobby whispered, still reeling from Hanbin’s (even more so than usual) clingy behavior. He pulled away fully, slowly, and left the damp room. He made it back to his own bedroom before he stopped, standing stock still in the doorway, and gaped at the wall. His chest tightened when he considered how badly Hanbin had to be feeling to cuddle him that much, that closely.

In the midst of his musing, Hanbin slipped through the space between Bobby and the door, and careened onto his bed. Bobby stared as Hanbin wrapped himself in the previously neat blankets. He pulled at the corners until he was completely encompassed by them. He stopped and stared at Bobby.

The older smiled at him again and walked forward to make himself some space beside Hanbin on the messy bed. He curled tightly around Hanbin, waists meeting and extremities entangled. Bobby placed an arm around Hanbin’s waist and rubbed circles where he pulled the shirt up to expose tan abs.

“You’re lost too much weight, Hanbin-ah.” He chastised, voice soft. Hanbin shrugged and burrowed, face tucking into Bobby’s chest and his arm, the only part of him fully removed from the blanket, tugged Bobby closer by his waist. Despite wanting to discuss it, Bobby knew it wasn’t in Hanbin’s nature for him to care for himself well enough. He resolved to stick around, if for no other reason than to make sure Hanbin would always be cared for.