Final

Just One More Taste

Bobby watches Hanbin intently as he gives his daily pep talk to the members. He hasn't changed much of what he says but still Bobby finds his words more captivating today than any other day or maybe it’s the way his mouth moves or the way his tongue over his bottom lip to moisten it. Bobby never noticed before how alluring Hanbin's lips were. He's always known Hanbin has full lips but had they always been this juicy looking? They looked good enough to on for hours, maybe even bite into, not hard enough to break skin but enough so Hanbin would feel it and moan out load. Bobby imagines what that might sound like and it takes him a minute to realize he's grinning stupidly to himself. Luckily no one notices or can read his mind but that doesn’t stop him from feeling shame from his thoughts because really what IS he thinking? Hanbin is his friend, his best friend. You don't fantasize about making your best friend moan. That’s like bro-code #1.

"Bobby hyung," Hanbin's voice suddenly pulls Bobby from his thoughts "do you have anything to add?" All the member's eyes turn towards him. He suddenly feels like he’s back in grade school and the teacher just asked for homework he forgot to do. So just like back then he decides to wing it.

"Ikon, fighting?"

The members snicker and Hanbin puffs out a laugh as Donghyuk takes a rolled up lyric sheet to hit Bobby over the head with.

"Yah, pay attention! This is why Leader yells at us."

""Aiish, i was!" Bobby shouts back, rubbing his head and glaring back at Donghyuk. In truth he had been paying attention, just not to what everyone else was.

It was that damn mouth. Why had it been so soft when his own pressed against it, why did Hanbin's taste linger long after it was over and why did it feel so...so...right? He had never known a guy's lips could be so inviting. It was confusing. Bobby's eyes followed Hanbin's mouth all the time now. When he laughed, when he smiled and especially when he would whisper something no more than an inch away from Bobby’s face. His lips would be so close at times if Bobby wanted to he could lean in just a little and...

Bobby shook the thought from his head. He would never lean in because Hanbin is his best friend. Still the temptation is there, every day in a cheeky grin on his dongsaeng's face, mocking him relentlessly that he will never taste those sweet lips again. It’s an injustice, really.


- -

"Hyung, have some ice cream with me." Hanbin pops his head into Bobby's room to fetch him one night while the other members are at practice. Bobby has been avoiding Hanbin all day but it’s a bit harder when everyone else is gone and it's only the two of them left. Hanbin comes to him almost immediately and he can't resist him when he smiles at him so oblivious to the fact he's been running through his best friends mind all day.

"What kind of ice cream is there?" Bobby asks hopping onto a stool by the kitchen counter.

"Chocolate." Hanbin grins, grabbing two spoons and the ice cream from the fridge, not bothering to get a bowl as he dives right in without care.

"Uh...I don't really like chocolate ." Bobby says envious of the spoon in Hanbin's mouth.

"Oh I forgot. Sorry." Hanbin over his lips in a circular motion and Bobby could swear he’s torturing him on purpose. "So what flavor do you like?"

“I…I don’t know.” Bobby says unable to think straight. What flavor are your lips? He thinks to say but doesn’t. Instead he just watches as Hanbin takes another big spoon full, his lips in a way that has Bobby his own. He suddenly notices the corner of Hanbin's mouth.

"You...uh" Bobby points at his own cheek to direct Hanbin to the chocolate near his mouth.

"Huh?" Hanbin looks at him curiously.

"You have chocolate on your face." Bobby leans forward and puts his hand on Hanbin's cheek to wipe the mess away with his thumb but it's a bad move. He's too close now and touching Hanbin's face is dangerous. His mind starts twisting out obsured scenarios. What would Hanbin do if he the ice cream off his cheek and then kissed it to his mouth. Would he mind? He stares intently over Hanbin's mouth, as his thumb runs over that perfect bottom lip and he's completely taken in by it.

"Hyung...?" Hanbin stares back at him confused as he sits frozen in place. "W-what’s wrong?”

It’s then that Bobby notices the shakiness in Hanbin's voice, the way his cheeks are flushed pink under his touch and his eyes wander over Bobby’s face almost like he’s waiting for him to make his next move. Bobby wonders if Hanbin wants the same thing as him. If maybe it would be ok to over step the boundaries of friendship just this once.

“D-did you get it?”

"Almost..." Bobby says, his eyes stay fixed on Hanbin’s mouth, so pretty and pink and very close. Bobby knows it’s been a moment since he moved but Hanbin’s not pulling away, which is the only signal he needs to continue as he chances leaning in to finally claim what he really wants. His heart is pounding in his chest but he doesn't stop.

It isn't until he hears a rush of loud voices comes through the door that Bobby jumps back almost falling off his stool right as s entered the dorm, laughing loudly as if they’re celebrating purposely -blocking him. Though he never thought to go that far but now the thoughts in his head and damn him for being a secret ert.

"Man, I'm beat!" Chanwoo exclaims throwing his workout bag down on the counter next to Bobby. "Hey is that ice cream?" He quickly grabs the untouched spoon near Bobby and digs in.

"You just had practice! Don't eat sweets." Jinhwan scolded the maknae and sighs when he ignores him and continues to eat. "Honestly, you need to have more self-control." Jinhwan nudges Bobby's arm catching his attention. "Right, Jiwon?"

"W-what does that mean?" Bobby shoots back defensive. "You think I don't have self-control? I’m totally in control."

Jinhwan can only blink back at him with a confused expression on his face "Huh? What’s he talking about?" Jinhwan looks to Hanbin for answers but for some reason he’s acting just as strange looking flushed and nervous as he puts his hand over his chest, avoids eye contact and the question all together.

"Hanbin-ah, you know you have chocolate on your cheek?" Chanwoo chuckles as he quickly rubs it off with his thumb and wipes it on his pants. Bobby can only watch horrified, letting out an air of disappointment at a missed opportunity.


- -

This isn't good. Bobby concludes as he lies awake in bed one night with Hanbin sleeping soundly in the bed next to him breathing in and out softly. 
Oh my god...even his breathing is . What is happening to me? Bobby buries his face in his pillow groaning in destress. How do I get these feeling to go away? Bobby's about ready to try hitting himself in the head with a hammer a dozen times when a thought occurs to him. Maybe it's not Hanbin I want...maybe something was on his lips the day I bumped into him, something that made his lips taste really, really, extremely good. If I kiss him again and feel nothing then I'll know for sure it wasn't actually him I want but something else entirely. Bobby feels a little relieved by his plan. That's it. All I have to do is kiss him one more time.

Easier said than done and when Bobby comes to Chanwoo for help Chanwoo stares at Bobby like he just asked him the most ridiculous question in the world. Well, maybe he did.

"You...you want me to what?"

"Just knock me face first into Hanbin. You did it once so just do it again." Bobby repeats his plan to relive the last occurrence that started this whole mess but this time hoping to reverse the outcome.

"That was an accident! Besides why do you want to fall into him? I don't understand, hyung." Chanwoo's eyes focus on Bobby so intensly Bobby is sure he's putting the puzzle together and it makes him all the more nervous.

"Look, it's just an experiment I'm doing. I need your help, ok? I can't tell you more than that," Obviously he can't tell him his real reason. Because I have to kiss Hanbin again to get rid of this desire to kiss Hanbin again! Bobby runs his hands over his face in frustration. "It's a simple request. You're either in or you're out."

"I'm out." Chanwoo says quickly ready to walk away when Bobby grabs his arm.

"Wait." Bobby looks at him pleadingly. "Please be in."

Well that was a complete bust. Bobby thinks later. Chanwoo wouldn't agree to be 
put in a situation he didn't know the full reason for and Bobby wasn't about to tell him. He thinks of asking another member for help but to involve more people in this might be too risky. He already looks suspicious asking Chanwoo.

He sulks in the kitchen, face buried in his palms when a fimilar voice calls his name.

"What's wrong, hyung?" 

Bobby lifts his head to a completly drenched Hanbin who's walked in after a long workout session and is now sweating through his white tee. The sight of which does nothing to help Bobby's current state as he groans under his breath. God, hates me. He concludes. "Oh, nothing...just thinking about what I want." Bobby manages to say.

"I'm hungry too." Hanbin says not understanding Bobby’s statement. He takes a water bottle from the fridge and proceeds to gulp half of it down in one go. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and places the bottle on the counter and Bobby watches every move with interest before his eyes fall on the bottle near him. A lightbulb goes off in his head. An opportinuity to taste Hanbin's lips without having to kiss him has suddenly presented itself. As if life felt his misery and threw him a small bone. He quickly grabs Hanbin's water bottle and drinks from it.

"Yah! Get your own." Hanbin shouts swiping the bottle from him but it's already empty. "Aiish...what’s with you?"

"There was no taste." Bobby says without thinking.

"Of course not, it's water." Hanbin says shaking his head. He grabs another bottle and heads for the living room. Bobby doesn't know what to think or what he was expecting. He guesses he hoped to taste what he had the day Hanbin's lips pressed into his. But he didn't. Does that mean his experiment was a success? Hanbin really doesn't have a sweet taste that’s all his own. It was most likely something else. Though Bobby should feel relieved he only feels disappointed and his eyes continue to follow Hanbin without rest.

The nights are still torturous. The experiment did nothing to subside Bobby's desire to kiss Hanbin again. While Hanbin lies in his own bed Bobby can't do anything but close his eyes and try not to listen to his friend and sighing loudly in his sleep all night.

What the hell is he dreaming about? Bobby wonders, squishing his pillow over his ears to keep from hearing him but it's no use. Just knowing Hanbin is in the room drives him crazy. It’s not even just his lips he thinks about anymore it’s everything Hanbin. He loves his laugh, how ambitious he is, how they have the same sense of humor and how being with him just makes him…happy. He really loves that. He really loves...Hanbin. The more Bobby thinks about him the more it causes this tightening in his chest whenever he’s around and this nervousness he's never had before. What's worse is he doesn’t know when it started or how to make it stop.

This isn't good. Bobby thinks. I have to stop these feelings. This really isn't good. Bobby lies on his side facing Hanbin just to glare at him. He somehow feels this is his entire fault and he should take responsibility. He watches Hanbin sleep and it’s so frustrating. He’s tired of thinking of Hanbin all the time. He just wants to be over all this. And finally he can’t take it anymore and he comes up with another idea more ridiculous than the first one but he doesn’t care, he's desperate. He’ll try anything. He has to put an end to these feelings if for nothing else but his own sanity.

Bobby watches Hanbin carefully as he slowly gets up from his bed and walks over to the other’s. He sits on Hanbin’s bed, carefully placing both hands on either side of the younger one’s face and peers down at him.

Once I do this that'll be the end of it. Bobby Thinks. Once I do this...Bobby watches Hanbin's sleeping face and it's frustrating how peaceful he looks.

"Hey," Bobby says in whisper not really meaning for Hanbin to hear him. "You're annoying." Bobby can’t help his voice getting a little louder out of annoyance but Hanbin doesn't stir. "Why the hell can't I stop thinking about you, huh?" Bobby says and without thinking he lets his hand brush against one of Hanbin’s cheeks. His eyes examine all of Hanbin's features as he sleeps, from his upturned eyebrows, to his shapely nose and soft cheeks, all the way down to that perfect mouth that haunts Bobby's dreams. His heart is racing and his arm’s shake as they hold him up just enough so he's hovering inches over Hanbin's face. So close he can feel his hot breath on his nose. He hesitates. Can he really do this? He knows he shouldn't but it's driving him crazy. He wants it to be over. He doesn't want to feel this way anymore. "Sorry Hanbin-ah...I just need one more taste."

Bobby presses his lips into Hanbin's feeling the soft moist sweetness he remebers and it's an instant mistake as the feeling is so electric instead of being satisfied, Bobby only wants more. He sinks lower into him to take over his mouth completely. Why do his lips fit perfectly inbetween his like they were made for him and why is his taste so addicting? Bobby can't stop himself from in his bottom lip making Hanbin expel a soft moan. This should be Bobby’s sign to stop but it only encourages him to keep going.

It isn’t until Bobby feels Hanbin squirm underneath him that he realizes he’s been kissing a sleeping Hanbin and far too long. Bobby immediately jumps back when Hanbin grabs for his t shirt and his eyes start slowly fluttering open. Bobby manages to get to his feet and leap back into his own bed in an instant and without stumbling. He throws his blanket over him just as Hanbin sits up.

"Bobby, hyung?” Hanbin says in a half asleep tone but Bobby doesn't answer, playing possum and hoping Hanbin won’t try to wake him. Hanbin doesn't say anything else and after a short minute Bobby hears him settle back into his bed. He could kick himself for pulling such a risky and stupid stunt but he only thanks god Hanbin didn't catch him.

Bobby prays that night the day never comes. He doesn't know how he will ever face Hanbin again. He feels pathetic and just wants to curl up in a ball and be buried in a deep hole for the rest of his miserable life. Sadly this isn't an option as Hanbin wakes him up by jumping on him after Bobby doesn’t come down for breakfast.

"Yah! It's already noon. How long are you going to sleep?" He asks, shaking Bobby awake.

"Forever..." Bobby mumbles into his pillow.

“You never sleep this late. What’s gotten into you?” Hanbin asks leaning down over Bobby’s body to speak into his ear. "Feeling sick or just faking to get out of practice?" Bobby's face goes red as Hanbin's hot breathe brushes against the tiny hairs on his cheek. He quickly wraps his comforter over his head but this only results in Hanbin throwing his whole body weight on top of him and griping him in a bear hug. Hanbin is laughing now but the feeling of Hanbin pressed against him puts Bobby in a panic and he quickly sits up pulling the covers off of him and pushing Hanbin away.

"What the hell, man? Get the off me!" Bobby shouts so suddenly the words come out cruler than expected, Bobby can tell when Hanbin stares back at him in uutter shock.

"Oh…ok, sorry." Hanbin says and he looks it, making Bobby instantly regret his words.

"What? No, wait i didn't mean -" Bobby tries to explain but Hanbin’s already getting off his bed.

"Sorry, I bothered you. Just come down when you're ready." Hanbin heads to the door without says another word or waiting for a reply.

"Wait." Bobby rushes out of bed and slams the door shut again just as Hanbin’s opening it. He keeps his hand on the door to keep Hanbin from trying to leave. "I didn't mean to snap at you, I've just been -" 

"Its fine, hyung. I won't play around like that anymore. Sorry." 

"No. Shut up!" Bobby snaps again without thinking.

“Why should I shut up? I'm not the one being a jerk right now.” Hanbin says back now a little annoyed.

“No, I know.” Bobby struggles to find the right words but he just doesn’t know how to explain himself. Even though Hanbin’s the one against the door it’s Bobby who feels trapped. “I didn’t mean stop talking I meant don’t say you won’t ride me again…I mean jump me again. I mean-!”

“Sorry?” Hanbin looks at him even more confused.

“Stop saying ‘sorry’!”

“Well what the hell should I –“

Bobby gives up trying to explain with words and hopes his actions speak louder. Hanbin’s last words are swallowed and it’s Bobby who’s swallowing them.

Bobby doesn’t think. He’s gone his whole life this way but now, pinning his best friend against the door of their bedroom and kissing the crap out of him, he wonders if he should have thought this out a bit more. 

Hanbin is clutching tight to his chest as a moan escapes his lips. His hand holds tight to the nape of Bobby's neck and he’s not sure if he’s fighting for breath or eager for more but it almost feels like Hanbin is pulling him closer to him. Hanbin’s lips are soft and warm and taste so good. If this is the last time he will ever have them, if he’s about to be beaten to a bloody pulp in a few seconds once he lets Hanbin go well this isn’t a bad way to go.

Bobby expects Hanbin to shout at him when he pulls away, to get mad. He expects to be hit, to be cursed at but what he doesn't expect is Hanbin to expell a sound of displeasure from being parted from him.

“W-why’d you stop?” Hanbin asks breathlessly with eye's still unfocused and dazed.

“You…don’t want me to?” Bobby asks completely surprised. "I thought you might be upset if I kept going."

“You didn’t seem to care about that last night when you took advantage of me.” Hanbin scoffs.

Bobby's eyes go wide and he can feel his face heating up. "You knew?!"

“Yeah, you weren’t exactly stealthy about it.” Hanbin chuckles.

Bobby groans from embarrassment. “I’m so sorry. Really, I don't know why I did it. I just -”

“It’s ok, hyung.” Hanbin says and Bobby can't believe how understanding he's being. "The truth is...if you hadn’t, I might of.”

“What do you mean?” Bobby asks.

“I don’t know. This past week I’ve been feeling kind of werid…” Hanbin says not looking Bobby in the eyes. “I’ve really wanted to kiss you.”

“What?! You mean you also-I mean you've been feeling something too?” Bobby can barely believe what Hanbin is saying. Maybe god doesn’t hate me after all. "Why didn't you say anything?!"

“I wasn’t sure you felt the same. That is...until last night.” Hanbin laughs. “I was worried I was going to have to make noises in my sleep forever before you noticed me.”

“That was on purpose!” Bobby exclaimed.

"I mean I didn't expect you would jump me, I was just hoping you'd start thinking about me...as more than a friend."

"I was already thinking of you. All the time!"

"Well...good." Hanbin snickered as Bobby pulled him in closer running his fingers down his face.

“You’re so dumb.” Bobby let out with an air of relief.

“Yeah, you’re dumber.” Hanbin smiled bitting his lip in a way that told Bobby he wanted to continue what they were doing a few seconds ago and Bobby was only too happy to comply.

Bobby couldn't stop smiling as he left soft kisses along Hanbin's lip and jaw bone while his arms held him tightly to him. He couldn't believe his good fortune. That he could fall inlove with his best friend and have his feelings returned seemed unreal. It was a dream he hoped he never woke from as he pressed a more passionate kiss into Hanbin's waiting lips.

But the dream ended with a suddenly halt when door swung open and on instinct Bobby let go of Hanbin and jumped back.

“Hey,” Chanwoo said standing at the doorway noticing a very awkward standing Bobby and Hanbin. “What...are you guys doing?”

“We were writing lyrics.” Hanbin says and Bobby nods in agreement.

He hopes Chanwoo won't be too observent in the fact that neither of them have out their laptop or are even holding any paper or pens to write with. The youngest member however doesn't look the least bit supicious so Bobby figures he's buying their lie.

“Oh, well we’re headed down to the practice room. You coming?”

“Uh…actually we’re going to stay and write some more.” Hanbin says looking sideways at Bobby.

“Yeah.” Bobby concurs. “We have a lot to get done.”

They both exchange grins while Chanwoo stares back and forth from his hyungs. It’s obvious they’re acting weird but he doesn’t question any further.

“Ok.” He says shrugging his shoulders and heading back out to meet the other members.

“Where are Hanbin and Bobby?” Jinhwan asks when Chanwoo exits the dorm alone.

“Making out.” Chanwoo says plainly stopping the members in their tracks as he walks ahead of them.

“Wait, what? When did -? How did-? What?!” Yunhyeong sputters.

“I told you they were into each other.” Chanwoo says matter-of-factly.

“We all knew they were into each other.” Donghyuk corrects him. “We just didn’t think they’d ever do anything about it.”

“Nah, I knew they would.” Chanwoo smirks. “They just needed a little push.”


- -
The End