~~~~~1~~~~~

Bobby Drabble

There was a weight in his heart as the teaser images for his solo debut were released.  Bobby had spent countless sleepless nights working on the single and on the duo debut songs with Mino.  It was just a shame she was back in ia and wouldn’t be with him for the music video release.  

The second YG posted the teaser image on Twitter, she called him.  The time difference was an issue, the call waking him up at his desk at the studio.  She congratulated him more times than he could keep track of.  It wasn’t a video call, but Bobby could tell she was smiling ear to ear by the excitement in her voice.  

That’s how it went for the next week.  She would call if she had the time, if not she would text encouragement.  Bobby’s heart stuttered every time his phone went off.  It was like they were kids again, talking about his big plans to make it in Korea and follow his dream.  And every time he had to hang up or send that last text, he got more and more anxious.  

It was almost time, just a few more hours and the music video would be out.  Time seemed too slow to a near halt.  Bobby sat with the iKon members in their living room, waiting for the clock to read 12:00AM.  To pass the time, the other members tried to change the subject or play games.  But Bobby was too distracted to participate, his eyes glued to his phone.

There was only half an hour left until his solo debut.  The last time he had felt this much pressure was iKon’s debut.  Jinhwan had gone to get late night snacks about an hour ago and still wasn’t back, only adding to the nervousness running through Bobby’s veins.  It was hard not to focus on the one thing on everyone’s mind so eventually all the joking around and talking came to an end.  No more than two minutes before midnight, Jinhwan walks back through the door of their dorm with a bag of snacks and a guest trailing behind him.  Bobby was still too enthralled in his phone to realize she was in the very room he was in.  She set her bag down as quietly as she could and went over and sat down next to Bobby, who was unaware of the extra person in the dorm.  Realizing he didn’t notice her, she looped her arm through his and leaned into his side, resting her head on his shoulder.  Shocked, Bobby turned and gawked at what he saw.  She looked up and kissed his cheek saying, “Congratulations oppa,” as she pointed at the screen, which had been refreshed to show Bobby’s solo debut music video.  Jinhwan clicked play since Bobby seemed too shocked to move and the sound of HOLUP echoed through their dorm.