ONESHOT!

Winter Love

A/N: Annyeong Haseyo readers :) Hmm.. well, i was really itching to wrtite a oneshot since Onew's birthday (btw, very belated happy birthday dubulove) ^^ but i was busy with our christmas party, field demo, and winter extravaganza plus i can't think of any plot so yeah, i wasn't able too.. >< until i came up with this idea while listening to BoA's "Distance".. teehee!

THIS IS MY FIRT ONESHOT O.O hope you'll like it :)

anyway for your info.. this oneshot is about YOU and WHOEVER YOU BIAS IS ^^ <as for me onew is my ultimate bias, so i think of him while writing this :")) 

and if you want to listen to BoA's distance :) feel free! 

on with the story now.. ENJOY!

(the italicized text means it's a flashback)

heart------------------------------------------------------------------------------------heart

     

The cold bit mercilessly, as fluffy, white specks swirled about the night sky. I shuddered softly, wrapping my arms around myself, trying to shake off the cold. It’s the first snow of the year     .

I walked around the city of Seoul admiring the view around me. It’s so beautiful, like nothing you’ve ever seen. The city lights sparkling, crisp snow blankets the ground, trees, already frosted leaves and the stars above me shinning.

I breathed in the cold air. I have to admit, I love the blustery, white winter but at the same time, a part of me hated it. Winter has always been an unforgettable season for me. It holds both sweet and bitter memories.

My feelings get confused not knowing if it should be blissful or dejected. But still, there’s only two things that I’m certain, I miss him the most during winter season, and with Christmas fast approaching, to see him again is the only thing on my wish list.

I continued walking aimlessly leaving a trail at the white landscape that stretches beyond. A breeze blows past me, and I felt myself shudder again, I tried rubbing my arm but it still can’t compare to the hugs he gave me to keep me warm. I took a deep breath as many memories flashed back in my head

 

That day when we met.

That day when he said he loved me.

And,

That day when he said goodbye.

 

I closed my eyes as I remembered it clearly like it was just yesterday, even though so many years have already passed since our first meeting.

 

****

I was bundled up tight with layers of clothes and coat, a scarf covering until my lips and leather gloves. Even with the freezing weather, a smile was plastered on my face as I watched children build a snowman, their laughter filling the air with their every mistake.

I didn’t know for how long I had been sitting outside just watching, until I felt another bracing wind hit me and then I sneezed.

That’s when I saw a hand extended towards me holding a cup of hot cocoa

“Please don’t catch a cold. Here, drink this.” I heard him say

I looked up and felt my heart skipped a beat when I met his concerned eyes. Little did I know that, that’s a start of something special.

**

I slowly opened my eyes and smiled at the thought. It was my first time feeling that way, I had no idea what it was back then, it was all so new and strange in a good way, and I only feel it when I’m with him.

Since then our friendship grew, and as time passed our feelings developed into something more. That’s when he decided to take it to the next level.

 

****

He went to get us a hot cocoa, after having a snowball fight. While waiting for him, I lay gently onto to the snow shrouded ground and busied myself, making snow angels.

“Please don’t catch a cold” I rolled my eyes after hearing that same statement from him again. It’s already his habit to say that. I took his stretched arm towards me and help myself up. I beamed at my master-piece as he handed me my hot cocoa.

I smelled it and took a sip of it, feeling the hot substance course through my throat.

“Where’s your hot cocoa?” I asked, I looked down at his empty hand, and that’s when I noticed that his hands are still securely holding mine. I felt my cheeks warm, as it tinged pink. Neither of us cared to let go. He was staring in a distance, seemingly in deep thought. I felt his hand squeeze mine, and I looked at him.

“When I was little, I always wonder what’s so special about winter that every kid loves it” he said, with a small frown “I don’t know, but, I’m not the kind of kid who gets excited to see snow. For me, winter is just like any other season, nothing special..“

“But, It all changes that one night” he said, a small smile gracing his lips “when my eyes landed on a girl, sitting all alone on a bench. Smiling despite the freezing weather..” he said glancing at me, then looking back at the distance.

“I was amused, so I just watched you that day. You didn’t even notice me looking at you. You were so absorbed in your own world.” There was a pause before he continued “I badly want to approach you earlier that day, but something inside me can’t seem to find the courage to do so. Until the sundown, I continued to watch you in a distance. Not until I heard the faint sound of your sneeze. It’s just like an impulse that I got you a hot cocoa from a near vending machine and suddenly felt an urge and made my way towards you” he chuckled shaking his head as he did so.

“After that event, I suddenly love the snow, and feel extra happy during winter. It became the most special season for me. I love it so much. I didn’t know the reason why it became like that, why I became like that.  Until one day, I asked myself what just happened... I didn’t have to think hard though, because I soon realized.. the only reason why I now love winter, is because of you..”

This time he turned around to face me, and held my face with his hands “I really wanna make you mine” he said with a small blush appearing on his cheeks as well “so, please be my girl?” he asked with his eyes gazing deeply at me sending shivers down my spine.

I was quiet, letting his words sink in first and I eventually nodded unable to utter a ‘yes’ as a grin spread across my face, and a single tear of joy rolled down my cheek. He exhaled as he broke into a grin as well, wiping my single tear with his thumb as he slowly and gently placed a chaste kiss on my lips and hugged me uttering the words “I love you”

****

That definitely was my warmest winter. Nothing can compare to the joy of feeling that he’s officially mine and I’m his only girl.. If only he knew how much I miss him, how much I wanted to see him. How I always relive that day wanting the memory to last.

I sighed as a small white cloud of air escaped my lips. I found a bench right under mistletoe, and without second thoughts, settled on it. The moon casts an ethereal light above as if trying to soothe me. It didn’t last that long though, as yet another memory of us flooded my head, it’s a memory I’ve tried not to remember but failed, a memory that I’ve been wanting to forget but I can’t, just because this memory holds a promise I’ll forever hold on to..

 

****

It’s the day right after our 2nd anniversary. I woke up that morning feeling a little out than usual, I checked my phone from any morning messages from him, but there was none, that’s strange. I fixed myself before stepping out of the house. I tried calling him several times only to be told by the server that the number I was trying to call cannot be reached. I felt worry writhed in me, I looked out my window, there’s no blizzard or anything. I stepped out my front door the cold air hitting my face, I stood in my patio for a while examining the weather condition, when I saw a folded paper placed on the wooden table, a small blue box laying on top of it so as to not be blown away. Rubbing my hands together, I reached for the paper and the box, going back inside. I carefully unfolded the paper, immediately recognizing the hand writing. A lump formed on my throat as I started reading.

By the time you’ll read this, you’re probably awake and I’m already in the middle of my flight. I’m sorry if I have to leave this way.. to be honest I’m scared, I don’t know how I’ll say this to you personally.. I hope you understand though, I’ll be gone for a while, maybe a year or more? I’m not sure yet.. but I promise you, that I’ll be back. I will comeback for you.. OK? Just wait for me.. I’ll miss you so much..

Take care. Please don’t catch a cold.

I love You..

I felt tears run down my cheeks after reading the letter he left me. I wasn’t mad at him, no. Just confused for leaving just like that but I wasn’t mad. I remembered the small blue box and opened it. Inside is a necklace with a silver snowflake pendant. I felt more tears gushed down my cheeks. I held the pendant close to my chest as I cried silently..

****

I exhaled a shaky breath, fighting the tears that were threatening to fall. I touched the pendant of the necklace hanging on my neck. I allowed myself to smile slightly.

I waited for him. I’m still waiting for him. I always have my hopes up every winter. He promised he’ll comeback, and I look forward to that day.

Closing my eyes, I hugged my knees resting my chin on it. I felt a tear escaped the corners of my eyes.. and another, I let out a soft sob.

The smell of cocoa suddenly filled my nose.

“Please don’t catch a cold”

Hearing that sentence made my breath hitched. I opened my eyes and slowly looked up finally meeting eyes with the person I've been wanting to see- concern and desire obvious in it. He took a step closer to me as he crouched, leveling his eyes with mine. He placed the hot cocoa on the bench.

I couldn’t believe what I’m seeing. I raised a shaking hand, and poked his cheeks. The biggest smile I could muster slowly made its way on my face. More tears rolled down, but this time they’re tears of joy. He held my shaking hand and carefully wiped my tears with his free one. He kissed my cheeks, a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

“I promised you right?” he said. I just nodded my head still unable to form words out of my mouth. I jumped up and threw my arms around him and buried my face at the crook of his neck. We are now standing under the mistletoe.

“Did you miss me?” he asked. I nodded again, not letting go. “I missed you too. So much” I can see his smile as he said those words

“I miss you” finally, those three words left my mouth. He pried my arms from his neck, and cupped my cheeks, as he leaned in to kiss me. The kiss lasted for a while, until we both broke away.

“Saranghae” He whispered as his warm breath tickled my nose.

“Saranghae..” I whispered back

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulders, totally forgetting about the hot cocoa.

“You really shouldn’t walk around like that, you’ll get sick..”

My eyes widened for a moment, before I broke into another smile. I guessed he felt it since I heard him chuckle.

Just like our first meeting, he was watching me..

 

“I’ll never forget the time that we’ve met, the winter when we fell in love <3” -BoA

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: It's done! What do you think? too cheesy or what.. i hate being cheesy >< i wrote this around 2:00am so mianhae, if it doesn't make any sense.. :( i put much effort and thought on this one though.. ^^ so i still hope you like it :)

-anyway, if some of my subscribers happened to read this :) sorry for not updating my stories for ages.. hopefully now that it's our winter break, i'll be able to get rid of my writer's block and update ne? let's not loose hope ^^ FIGHTING!

and well, if you guys have time.. please do check my fics :) hehe!

~ GIRLFRIEND FOR HIRE

~ I FOUND MYSELF FALLING FOR YOU

^^

HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! ^^ AND I HOPE YOU'RE ALL DEALING WELL WITH WINTER -.- (my homeland doesn't experience winter just heavy rain, but here in the country i'm currently residing, there is) ><

 

before i get too carried away with my blabbering.. i'll ask a simple Christmas gift :D....

....COMMENTS ANYONE!? ^^ (and tell me who were you thinking while reading this)

 

 

-proudtobeshawol-