Snapshot

F(x) Station - Snapshot (Philippines) - 00iamA

Snapshot

Ladies and gentlemen, Mesdames et messieurs
A big round of applause for the lovely f(x) ladies


It was summer, the skies were painted with bright blue hues and sun rays were piercing through the white clouds.

“Okay, place those there, and bring these too!”

Several men and women were bustling through the humid weather. Photography equipment was scattered everywhere as they were placed one by one.
Bottles of water here, a bunch of tripods there, laptops and gadgets opened, and of course, who could forget, 4 chairs in the middle of the busy scene.

Click

What to do, I guess you let your guard down
Your eyes always pretend to be indifferent but I know you’re looking at me

 

“Hey, wha—NO!” A man in his forties yelled. “Ugh, you amateurs are giving me a headache…” In front of him were 2 photographers, obviously much younger than him. Both had cameras on their hands, each of its laces hanging loosely on their necks.

“…. Fine, since it’s your first day I’ll excuse your mistakes, HOWEVER!” he emphasized the end and continued. “I will not allow any more mistakes in the future, capiche?” they had faces of embarrassment as the man scolded them, but they let out a sigh of relief when they were forgiven… at least for now.

As some of the staff took a look at their direction, the girl with short blonde messy hair spoke up. “I’m really sorry sir… um, I kinda got a little excited..?” her statement came off more as a question, this made the man raise his brow. “…Okay…well I understand you’re excited, but please do consider that we must act professional here.” He motioned down on ground where a broken tripod lay. The girl chuckled nervously as she looks at the fractured object.

“Yes, we’ll be more mindful of everyone, right... Amber?” The boy beside her nudged her side. “Ah.. Yea-yeah, we promise!” She exclaimed before she made a funny salute that earned her giggles from the staff.

“Alright, you promised that okay, you better stay true to it.” He eyed them carefully, he’s eyes telling them ‘I’m watching you’. After he was out of sight, attending to the other things in the set, the boy loosened his shoulder as if he held them up for a very long time. His head turned to Amber and says. “Seriously, could you control your hands? We’re lucky we didn’t get fired, it’s the first job I have dude, and it’s your first too!”

“Haha, sorry Eric.. it’s just… you know.”

Eric looks and nods at his friend knowingly, he let out another sigh. “Yeah, I know...”

“Sorry.” She said with a chuckle. Her head then turned to a certain direction, her breathed almost hitched when she faced the view before her again. Her eyes were already glued and addicted to the image, and before she knew it.

Click

 

Born to be a model, a natural subject for photos
My silhouette is elegant like Marilyn Monroe


“HEY!” Eric grabs her hand after her finger snapped the button of the camera once. “What the heck, we discussed this like seconds ago!”

Her face didn’t show any responses and Eric had to flick her forehead. The small action made her snap out of her daze, her eyes blinking rhythmically as she tried to register what was happening.

“Wha—uh.. what?” Amber says. Eric face palmed himself, showing distress at his partner’s lack of attention. “You. Camera. Now.” He said word by word.

She only scrunches her nose though, confusion obvious in her face. The boy stomps his foot on the pavement, if it was possible, steam could’ve probably blown out of his nostrils. His arm stretches over to their right, a finger clearly pointing to Amber’s object of interest moments ago.

No words had to be exchanged between the two of them. Amber’s red face already said so many things; so before she makes any more ‘mistakes’ she sadly removes her camera from her hand and gives it to Eric like a child handing a toy to her angry mom.

“Good Llama!” He pats the top of her head. “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of your camera… next time you should have more self-control though, there’s no way you’ll survive working with other artists when you can’t even handle this one.”

A pout was on her face the whole time Eric was talking to her. “Ohh, but Eric, it’s not just ANY artist, it’s—“

“Okay! Places everyone; we don’t have all day, we’re starting the photo shoot!”

Eric didn’t even have time to react as Amber immediately snatched her camera back, wearing the lace around her neck once more. She runs hastily towards the main set and aims her camera at the front. Her fingers trembled, it was officially her first photo shoot as a new photographer. However even with her nervous self, a smile spreads throughout her features, her mind clouded with the picture of a certain model.

Click

Click, snapshot, I stop like ice, just like this
Click, snapshot, yeah the flash goes off in my eyes

 

Her eyes blazed dark orbs that could pierce through your very soul, Amber shivered as she could feel the chic coldness even with the hot air.

Her stare was expressionless, but it was perfect. Maybe she was glaring at Amber for only focusing on her, the tomboy was obviously biased. Nonetheless, Amber grins behind her camera, clicking away as she finds different angles where her subject looked the most gorgeous, not that she wasn’t beautiful in the first place.

Click, snapshot, into your eyes
Click, snapsnot, fill me in

 

“Okay! That’s right, you guys get what I see right?” The director asked the four rookie photographers, one of them being Amber. “I want you to make them seem… regal?” He thought for a moment before he nodded to himself. “That’s right, regal! A modern sort of thing but at the same time elegant!”

His fellow workers agreed with him with sounds of approval.

“Okay director-nim!”

“Got it!”

“Ooh, I’ve been getting the wrong shots then… okay..”

“….” Amber did not say anything, instead she reviews the photos she got earlier and smiled to herself. “Okay, this will do..”

Click

What to do, I guess I forgot
When I’m walking on the street, I need to make my hair softly fly behind me


It was back to that time, the night air was cool as it hit Amber’s skin. It was one of those days when she just wants some alone time, and the park was the perfect place for that.

As usual, she had her camera with her, ‘You never know when the opportunity strikes’ as she would say.

“Brr…” goosebumps travelled across her arms, it was clearly cold. “Better buy some coffee or something..” She says to herself.

On her way to the coffee machine (vending machine thing) , a strange silhouette grabs her attention. The figure was slender, obviously it was a girl just from the stature; but Amber didn’t want to assume things, for all we know, it could’ve been a guy.

So as curiosity overcomes her, her feet moved by itself. For some reason she wanted to know who’s the person that casted such a… ‘pretty shadow’, as in Amber’s thoughts.

Carefully, she places herself just behind a tall tree, good thing it was dark, no one would easily notice her presence. While she leaned on the tree, her head dipped a bit to take a peek. A lamp post stood tall there, it seems it was one of those few lamps that worked in the park; it served as the only source of light there. Squinting her eyes for a bit, finally she sees someone, it was a girl wearing a cap and a mask.

Although rare, perhaps she was one of those celebrities—what with all her face covered up as if she’s afraid of being seen. It seems like she was examining the detail of the place, she looked on at the dark edges of the park, maybe she was checking if she was by herself? Probably.

“Ah..” A small audible sound from the girl made Amber’s heart beat fast for some reason. Her voice was quite feminine, and yet there was a certain edge to it, an icy undertone.

She removed her hat, her flowing locks blowing apart at the winds strength; it would lay peacefully on her shoulders from time to time and then back to scattering on the floating air. She then peeled off her mask, her luscious, pinkish/redish lips slightly quivered at the cold. Her face was beyond ‘pretty’ in Amber’s book.

The girl plopped on the bench just beside the lamp post. She let out another sigh before her eyes slowly closed, her long lashes shown.

The tomboy’s hands automatically reaches into her bag, grabbing her most important tool; her camera. She fumbled a bit, but she was able to grab it from the depths of her bag.

Silently peeking again, her hands raised the camera, it marvelled upon the beauty of the stranger.

Click

The angle of which I hold my coffee should be 45.8
You are my camera, oh I only look at you


“Krystal Jung, age 22, a member of popular girl group f(x), is a model, and an actress. She’s the younger sister of famous singer and fashion designer, Jessica Jung, the CEO of the clothing brand Blanc & Eclare...” Amber recited as if it was a poem she knew by heart.

“Dude… you look like a total creep…” Eric says and bumps her side while he held a cup of iced coffee in front of her. Amber didn’t pay attention to whatever her friend said though, and simply took the drink he was offering. “Hmm… thanks..”

Eric frowns seeing that his own best friend didn’t even notice him, she was busy eyeing one of the models they have. Yes, she is hot and beautiful, but he can’t believe that Amber would ignore him just because of some hot girl.

“Hey, I thought we promised ‘Bros before hoes’!” He says before knocking Amber’s shoulder.

The girl looks at him and blinks. “Umm… I did?”

“Seriously? We’ve had that rule since high school.”

“…Ah, really?” Amber shrugs and peeks over her shoulder, getting another view of a certain long haired beauty who was enjoying her own cup of coffee. She goes back to Eric and says. “She’s not a hoe though…. She’s a Goddess..”

Eric shook his head, irritated. “Damn you’re whipped, Llama..” He said.

A grin appears on her face and she looks back at the ‘Goddess’. She was reading a book as she held her cup. Amber chuckles when she sees her sneeze, scrunching her nose cutely.

‘cute..’

She rises up her camera and used the zoom in function of the gadget ‘Thank you whoever made the zoom in option!’ she thought in her head. Tense fingers gripped onto the front of the camera, turning the part as if it was a moving clock; instantly the gadget became her telescope. She zoomed in, making her dream girl’s features more visible to her eyes. “Red hair looks so good on her..” She dreamily said.

The cold looking girl’s make-up made her seem even fiercer today, with the way her brows were more defined and her eyes having a darker shade, however nothing can be compared to her blazing hair. Amber could feel herself turn red just looking through lenses.

But as she was enjoying her time, she was caught off by guard by no other than Krystal Jung, the girl she’s been eyeing for a long time now.

Her beautiful face lifted up, catching Amber who looked like she was taking pictures of her. Krystal raises her brow and Amber swore her heart skipped a beat. She didn’t know what to do. Should she pretend to be taking pictures of different things? Should she look away? Should she hide her camera?

Her thought process malfunctioned and the rest of her body followed. She stood still, frozen on her spot as the other girl bore an intense stare at her.

Eric was long gone from Amber’s side, he retreated back to the resting area of the other workers, therefore he was not able to witness the current events.

When the model, Krystal, opened as if to say something, Amber’s senses came back to her, and again, her fingers moved on their own.

Click

Click, snapshot, I stop like ice, just like this
Click, snapshot, yeah the flash goes off in my eyes


A flash came off and momentarily took not only Krystal, but also Amber by surprise. The two went wide eyed. “What the….”

Amber didn’t moved, her own actions disoriented her, she didn’t even realize that a fuming red head was walking towards her.

“Excuse me!” Krystal said sharply. She was standing in front of the blonde stranger, her body was in a firm stance with her arms crossed. “Hey, didn’t you hear me?”

Still no reaction. “Yah, earth to Miss Photographer!”

“HEY?!” This time she snapped her fingers in front of the tomboy. “Hello?!”

 

“Beautiful…” Amber muttered with a husky voice.

Krystal was taken aback, her cheeks blushing at her words. “Um.. what?” she said.

“Huh..?” Blinking with both of her eyes, Amber finally broke free from another trance. The other girl didn’t look anywhere near amused ‘who is this person?’ she thought, frowning.

“Wait…huh…K-Krystal-shii!?” Amber stuttered. Abruptly, she took a step back realizing that the model was inches away from her. Her foot stumbled a little and she almost slipped, good thing it was only a small misstep. She gathered herself, and finally was stand still.

“…..”

But Amber was too shy to look at her, she’s afraid that she’ll mess up talking to her and get mistaken as a creep. ‘What should I say? How did she get here? Wait, she saw me taking pictures of her? She’s gonna think I’m this creepy sesaeng fan!!’ She mentally screamed in her head.

“..” Amber says in a low voice, almost too small that the red head wasn’t able to hear her. She was staring at her own feet, her hands were sweaty, not to mention, her chest is about to burst open because of her violently thumping heart.

After the painful silent moment, she decided to just apologize quickly and leave…that is until she hears an awkward cough coming from the younger girl. She carefully raised her face to meet the gaze of the gorgeous idol. She notices the creases on her forehead, she looked confused.

“You… what were you doing earlier?” She said.

Amber bit her bottom lip slightly and rubbed the nape of her own neck. “I uhh…. It..I..” She was at loss for words, nothing seems to click in her.

Krystal was beginning to lose patience, she continually taps her right foot on the ground. “Come on, you’re acting like a kid right now, man up and just tell me the truth.”

“T-the truth..”

“Yeah, I know what you were doing, but I need you to tell me honestly what you did.”

“I… I was just randomly taking photos..” Amber tried to reason, her eyes darting left and right, just to avoid eye contact with Krystal.

The latter shakes her head though and points her accusing finger at Amber. “Uh huh, then why are you stuttering?”

“I’m n-not!”

“Right, this isn’t stuttering.” She sarcastically says while gesturing her hand at the blonde haired girl. She raises her eyebrow again.

What should she say, Amber was going haywire inside his brain, idiotically, she says something from the spur of the moment.“Well… you’re kinda oppressive. It’s scary….”

“O-oppressive?!” Krystal said in disbelief. Her jaw dropped, Amber’s choice of words triggered a nerve and her anger just exploded. “WE-WELL, YOU’RE THE ERT TAKING PICTURES OF ME!!”

“What?! Amber was offended; yes she would often take pictures of anything pretty, including girls, but never had she been a ert to them.

“ert!”

“I’m not!!”

“Yes you are!”

“No I’m not, I was really randomly taking photos!”

“A ert and a liar.”

“YAH!”

Eric jogged his way over to Amber, tapping her shoulder and announcing that their break is done.“Hey llama, break’s over we should—“

“WHAT?!” Amber and Krystal said in unison, their voices higher than the usual. Eric cowered in fear as the two females were throwing daggers at him with their eyes. He gulped and said in an intimidated voice. “Umm… break’s over.. we kinda need you guys for the photo shoot..” he gulped again and added. “S-so we better get ready right, Am? And you too Krystal-shii..”

Amber sighs, she’s guilty for making Eric uncomfortable like this. She faces Krystal again, this time her eyes were full of disdain.

‘Ughh.. now she hates me, good going Amber..’ She shakes her head, and turns to her best friend.

“Yeah let’s go, we need to do great since it’s our first job right?” She says with a small smile. Eric nods his head, agreeing with her, and smiles as well. “Yeah, so let’s go!”
He drags her back to the re-arranged set quickly, leaving a frowning Krystal Jung at the side.

“Hmp.. who does she think she is…. Just because she’s cute—“ Her face becomes flushed red again because of her thoughts. “C-cute, Krystal you must be out of your mind! She’s disgusting, blonde doesn’t even look good on her… okay maybe a little, but still..” Krystal kept on arguing with herself that it caught the attention of her fellow member.

“Baby Jung?”

“She’s unfashionable even… she looks too goofy!”

“Hey Soojung!

“I hate her. She was probably checking me out earlier, that per—“

“Krystal!”

“Wha—Vic-unnnie!?”

“Yah, what’s got our maknae this mad to make her avoid me.” Victoria walked over to Krystal’s side, placing her hand atop the girl’s shoulder. “Tell me.”

Krystal pouts and points at the other set’s direction, specifically, at Amber’s place. Victoria had to squint her eyes to see the llama, thankfully the blonde hair was obvious amongst the staff members that mostly had black or brown hair.

“That girl over there? She’s cute. Are you interested in her?” She innocently asks. Krystal made a mock face and shakes her head profusely. “No way! Eww!!”

The older girl laughs and utters back. “Really? Well then maybe I can…”

“Unnie!”

“What, I’m kidding~” She sticks out her tongue and proceeded to giggle. Krystal on the other hand gritted her teeth in annoyance. “I’m serious Vic-unnie, she’s a ert! I saw her taking pictures of me a while ago.”

Victoria looked at her maknae sceptically. She brushed her brown hair to the back of her ear before she replied. “Okay… tell me, were you dancing on a pole wearing y lingerie when he was taking pictures of you?”

Krystal could’ve sworn her eyes popped out of their sockets. She was as red as a tomato. “Of course not! What are you talking about!” She says. The thought of the scene made her feel embarrassed, not only that, she would never ever do that kind of thing.

“I was drinking my iced coffee while reading a book like I usually do!” Krystal explains.

“Really?” She couldn’t believe that Victoria was accusing her of something so… hot weird. But the smug face that her unnie said another thing. ‘She’s probably joking again…’ she concluded in her thoughts.

“Unnie, I swear, do you even hear yourself?”

“Haha, Soojung, if you’re positive you weren’t doing anything of the sort then how can you conclude that she was a ‘ert’?” Victoria said in a matter of fact tone. The red head had to ponder on it for a while before saying. “She was probably taking pictures of my chest or legs or something!”

“How can you be so sure of that?”

“Why are you on her side?!”

“I’m not on her side… I just think she likes you.”

“Huh..” Krystal tilts her head to the right, her fingertip under her chin.

“She likes me…wait—HUH?!”

Click, snapshot, into your eyes
Click, snapsnot, fill me in


“Okay, great job Sulli-shii!” The director says after Sulli’s solo shoot ends.

The set up was that after the group shots from earlier, they would have their own solo shoots. The thing is, each model is assigned to a photographer. After the director reviewed the photos that they got, he showed the strength and weakness of each photographer. Based on their strengths, the director paired the model most compatible with them.

“And…. Amber… you’re assigned with Krystal-shii. During the shoot earlier, you were able to bring out the best of her beauty through sharp angles. In fact she came out the most beautiful in your photos, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re biased towards her, haha.”

“Ahh… how am I supposed to do this…” Amber says, slumping on the table as she sat. Her camera was place atop the table as well.

“Hey buddy, what’s wrong?” Eric appears out of nowhere and sits beside the sulking llama. He pinches her cheeks only to have his hand slapped away. “Yah, don’t do that!”

“Whatever. What’s going on, aren’t you paired with your dream girl, shouldn’t you be jumping around now?” Eric stretches his arms behind his back, then he laid them back down to his stomach.

Amber shrugs. “Yeah, I am…. But she hates me..” She said, and Eric swore she looked like the world was about to end. He wanted to laugh at her funny position, but heheld it back, he knows how serious Amber is. “Hates you? You only talked once and she already hates you?—you’re losing your charm llama.”

“No I’m not, just a while ago, one of the make-up artists gave me a wink and a phone number—I’m not planning to actually use it though..” She nonchalantly said.

Eric sighs, the laughs he stopped from coming out were gone now, it was replaced with envy for his best friend. He didn’t think badly of Amber, in fact he adores her like she was his little sister; but the fact that his little sister gets more girl digits than him hurts his pride.

“You lucky bastard..” He scoffs.

“No way man… I’m not lucky, the one girl I like hates me…ugh..” she groans in frustration, she buried her head in her arms now.

“You should go for the make-up artist rather than this ice princess of yours, she seems too much hard work to thaw…”

“But Eric~!” Her voice was muffled since she was still resting her head in her arms.

“Yah… why does she hate you anyway?”

Amber looked up suddenly, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. “I… s-she kinda caught me taking pictures of her and she thought I was some ert…” she said the last part in a whisper. Eric still heard her despite that though.

The dark haired boy couldn’t help but chuckle and lecture her. “Haha, I told you so! You definitely should’ve have more control in yourself; now you see what happens—boom, instant enemy-zoned by your celebrity crush!”

“Shut up… you’re my best friend, my wingman… help out here~” The girl rarely used aegyo, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. She pouted, tugged onto Eric’s shirt, made puppy dog eyes… and whined. “Eric oppa~!”

“Aishh! Amber this is too disgustingly cute—Stop it!” He says as he tries to push her face away from him. “Nope, no way Eric oppa~!”

“Just freaking apologize to her later!”

“Hmm…can I borrow money ?”

“Why?... actually, no wa--!”

“Miss Amber Liu, it’s you and your model’s turn in the set.” A girl in a black shirt informed her. Amber brings out her pearly white teeth in a smile and nods her head. “Well I’ll be back, good luck to me!” She said, jogging out of the resting area.

Eric chuckles, he raised his fist up and yelled “Fighting llama!”

Oh gosh, what to do? I think my heart has been caught

 

The movement of her lips, the color of her eyes, the curve of her cheeks. Amber was memorizing the picture of her, the memory of this.

Krystal came out wearing a summer outfit with an elegant touch, her red hair complementing the design. She saw the way the girl swayed her hips from left to right, and the way she flipped her hair. In llama language—she was a Krystal Jung. A word that can only be used for Krystal Jung, meaning gorgeous, beautiful, perfect, goddess-like, etc.

“Hey Amber, we know she’s gorgeous, but the camera’s jealous that he can’t see her, hahaha.” Amber almost jumped when the director pats her back and spoke. Behind her many staff members were giggling. ‘Don’t tell me they all saw how star struck I was..aww man..’ She wanted stop the embarrassing butterfly-like feeling inside her, it was nice, but at the same time it was uncomfortable.

“Okay… Krystal-shii.” She coughed to get her attention, good thing it worked and now her eyes were on her. “Uh… y-you can do any pose you want, I’ll take c-care of everything..”

Amber sees that Krystal looked at her funny, maybe curious as to why she didn’t request a specific pose or anything, eventually she brushed it off and did her job anyway.

The first minutes were going smoothly, Krystal was donning her signature look and Amber was clicking away with her camera. The rest of the people were chatting, sleeping, eating--whatever they were opted to do—after all, the set was fine, the girls are already on their outfits and make-up, and the only thing left to be done was the photo shoot for each member.

Amber looks over her shoulder to see the director fast asleep, maybe he trusted her a lot or he was plainly lazy, whichever it was, Amber smiled knowing she’ll be able to do her job in peace.

“Umm… could you smile.. more?” She tried to ask politely.

Krystal flipped her hair and did as she was told. Her smile was natural, truly it looked too real, it didn’t felt like she was acting at all, Amber had a good feeling with this.

Click

Oh, I was too obviously pretending


‘What the heck… why doesn’t this idiot tell me to act y like I expected her to…’ She almost frowned, but she knows that she’s on set, she has to stay professional.
“Yeah, you look really chic and pretty; please turn to the right more..”

‘She focused on you the most during the photoshoot earlier; and didn’t you see how she looked at you?’

Click

Victoria’s voice resounded in her head “No way… why am I even thinking this..” She mutters, but she couldn’t help but blush, her cheek already too red for her to control. “Umm hey, can I go the bathroom for a second.. I really need to..umm.. you know..”

Amber nodded adamantly. “O-ohh, you should’ve said sooner, I’m totally fine with it!—go ahead!” She motions over to the bathrooms.

Krystal slightly bowed before rushing to the comfort room, locking the door when she entered.

“Hey, tell me, you don’t find that girl attractive right?” She faced herself in the mirror, asking a question to her a reflection.

“You don’t find it endearing that she calls you beautiful unnecessarily all the time..” She breathes out.

“And I’m sure you don’t find her cute when she checks the photos..”

“Right?”

She looked at herself, expecting an answer when she knows a mirror can’t really answer her. She sighs. “Am I crushing on this photographer?”

That’s not what I wanted, I wanted to seem perfect
Will you view my real image prettily?


The next hour went on far better than Amber had expected. She knew Krystal was an amazing visual, popular for her looks, but she proved she wasn’t only pretty, she was more than that. Her expression, posture, and overall presence was amazing, it made Amber really happy to work with her even though she was still sad that she thought of her as a ert.

Unknown to her, Krystal rarely worked as hard as she didn’t right now. For a long time she thought giving a smile was enough, but this time she tried her hardest to smile naturally. She was shocked with herself too, why was she working so hard for this ert anyway.

When it was over, Amber checks her watch to see they spent 1 and half an hour to shoot.

“Okay, we have enough now. Thank you for working with me!” Amber says with a bow and a smile. Krystal did the same which surprised Amber, thinking she’ll get another ‘ERT!’ screamed at her face.

“Can I see the photos?” Krystal asks.

Amber was awestruck at first, but immediately responded and gave her the camera. “Let’s go sit over there?” She asked Amber again. All the llama was able to do was nod with as flushed face.

They sat themselves in a table. Krystal browsed over her pictures, she saw the various angles she didn’t know Amber took. She looked beautiful in each one, she didn’t even know herself that she can look that attractive.

“This is amazing..”

 

“You’re amazing…”

Krystal arched her eyebrow and looked at Amber with a smug face. “Really, I am?” She decided to for a while.

“I—I, well.. yo-you definitely are!” Amber almost shouted. It caused Krystal to giggle in her silliness.

“Hmm.. I see..” Krystal nods with a smile. She looked over more of the pictures, soon enough she passed the part where they had the group pictures.

“Wait beyond that is—“

Click, snapshot, now I’ll be myself, just as I am


There was a picture of her drinking her coffee, then there was one reading her book, then there was also a picture of her back at the MAMA awards night.
“You… have a collection of photos… of me?” The red head said. “Why..?”

“I.. I really, really like you Krystal-shii… so please don’t think badly of me, I’m really a fan of yours..” Amber’s voice was sincere and warm, but most of all… real.

Her eyes sparkled with interest, Krystal knew Amber would only give that kind of eyes to her, she felt it, it was pure and innocent.

“I.. always wanted to become a photographer; taking images frozen in time—I liked the idea. So when I discovered you, I became… well kind of infatuated.. I want to keep you there at that moment but then I see another one and I want to keep that one too. Soon my photo albums were filled, hahaha.” She chuckles remembering the memory.

Click, snapshot, yeah even my eyes that can’t be hidden

“What do you like about me?”

“Huh?”

Krystal cleared and started again. “I said, what do you like about me, stupid?”

“Stupid?”

“Yeah. Now answer the question!” she says with a finger pointed at her. Amber chuckles and says. “Okay, as the princess asks.”

Amber’s own cheeks were in a flurry of hotness, but what she didn’t know was Krystal was already melting in her seat. “Pri-princess?”

“You call me stupid, don’t I get to call you pri-princess?” Amber was about to punch herself. ‘The fudge Amber, it was almost smooth, why’d you have to stutter at the end?..stupid..’

“Well… answer my question then.”

“Ri-right well… to put it simply… I like everything about you..” The blonde was spewing sweetness too much, it was cheesy.. but effective.

“Be more specific..” Her tone was intended to be demanding and forceful, yet it came out needy and quite… aegyo-ish. Krystal didn’t like that she made a mistake right there, but seeing the reaction Amber gave, she was able to smile that she did that.

The tomboy’s eyes were wandering off places, trying to avoid whatever the goddess in front of her gave, it was too much for her heart to handle.

“Hey, answer me stupid~” Krystal did it again, this time on purpose.

“When you’re you…” The red head was about to ask what she meant, but Amber continued then. “I find people to be in their most beautiful state when they’re just being themselves… no cameras, no acting—just plain and simple… and amongst those people.. I find you the most attractive..”

‘Okay, the ert has her way with words. Who wouldn’t like her?’

Krystal’s cheeks reddened rosy red, heat surging throughout her face. “St-stupid!”

Click, snapshot, when you wanna know my heart
Click, snapsnot, just take it out and see


Amber was easy to talk to, she’s funny yet she can emotionally connect well too. As they kept on speaking with each other, they became a whole lot more comfortable. The two of them shares banters a lot, even more than Amber’s bestfriend.

Eric was introduced by Amber to Krystal, his eyes couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He was going to ask ‘Hey, you don’t think this llama is a ert anymore?’, but he zipped his mouth, Amber would kill him if he asked that.

“So Krystal-shii… Amber’s great isn’t she?” Eric says to Krystal when the tomboy went away to get a bottle of water. Both young adults were sitting down, looking over the other pair, Luna and Jungkook, having their photo shoot.

“Yeah, she’s….. cute..” Krystal said a little too dreamily. She cupped her own lips with her hands. “I… I mean she’s nice.”

“Nice?....Ahh, that llama never lost her touch..”

“Huh?”

Eric shook his head, laughing at the other girl’s expression. “Nothing…. I’m just thinking that this kid we’re talking about has always been charming..”

The red head agreed, she doesn’t know Amber that long, but she’s sure she’s ‘charming’ as Eric puts it. The tomboy looked like she easily makes friends. Krystal felt a bit insecure now that she realizes it—She’s a celebrity, but she actually has very few friends, in contrast with Amber who probably has her phone contact list full.

Krystal sighed. Eric saw this though and grinned. “Oh but she only has eyes for this one girl..”

For some reason, Soojung wanted to know who. ‘Maybe she lied when she told me she liked me, maybe she was just trying to impress me or something… maybe she was a ert after all’.

Eric was enjoying how her face contorted with annoyance. Sure Amber flirted a lot but she surprisingly never dated—she was always looking for her dream girl, well the girl she would always watch on tv and her laptop. Sometimes he scolded Amber for fantasising about the girl group member too much, it was impossible after all… until this happened.

“Haha. It’s Krystal Jung if you haven’t figured it out.”

“Krys—hey wait…”

“Hmm. Yup, I think you got a huge competition here, that Krystal Jung is totally pretty and my best friend has been head over heels for her~” he sing sang, when he turned over the other side, he found Krystal flustered, pouting in her seat.

He poked the side of her cheek. “Hey, don’t worry, I’ll help you with her; just give her your phone number and she won’t take a second glance at anyone else—she’s whipped I’m telling you!”

“Yah!”

“Hahaha, kids nowawdays~”

Click

Click, snapshot, I stop like ice, just like this


“Amber?” She called out to find a llama taking a picture of her and Eric. She had this stupid smile all over her face. “Sup, sorry it took so long princess..” she says as she hands a bottle of water to Krystal.

“Princess? Nicknames already? I’m leaving, you guys have fun getting covered with ants.” Eric said before promptly leaving the ‘couple’ alone.
Amber laughs at Eric’s antics. She then sits herself in where Eric previously sat, glancing over to her side too take a look at a currently red faced Krystal.

“H-hey…” Krystal says with a smile forming on her lips.

“Hey…”

There was an awkward air that enveloped them for some reason. Amber was whistling on her own, trying to come up with a way to break the tension. “Ah..ahem.. so..” She started as she fixed the sleeves of her shirt. “What did Eric tell you? I’m just gonna say don’t believe anything he says—that guy makes up stories of me 24/7..”
Krystal cocked her head to the side. “So he lied when he said you like me?,,,, oh well..” She pretends to heave a sigh before standing up, making it seem like she was leaving.

“Wha—he said what?” Amber already felt her reddening cheeks; she grabbed on Krystal’s hand, not allowing her to leave. The princess looked at her, stared her down, and pouted. “He said you like me, but then now you’re saying he was lying, tell me Amber Josephine Liu, which ones which…” Rather than a mad voice, Krystal had a.. cute(?) one on.

As much as Amber was screaming in her mind that the girl remember her full name, She had to do something. She stood up, meeting eye level with the girl.

“Of course I like you!”

Click, snapshot, yeah the flash goes off in my eyes


“Really, prove it to me…” Krystal puts her right hand to her chin, eyes carefully observing the older girl’s next plan of action.

“Uh… I-I..” She was still a stuttering mess, Amber wanted to slap herself.

Before she could say anything again, Krystal didn’t let her. The red head took her hands, and placed them on her cheeks. Amber felt her thumb graze over the smooth skin, Krystal was famous for having a porcelain-like face and body, and she lived up to her fan girl’s expectation.

Krystal leaned over, placing her lips near Amber’s ear. “Close your eyes…” She seductively said.

The llama obeyed her with no hesitation, she prepare her lips for the impact. Moments later though, she never felt anything on , not even her cheeks or forehead or anything. And when she was about to ask what was going on.

Click

Click, snapshot, into your eyes


She opened her eyes to the sound of a phone’s shutter sound. Krystal was holding onto her stomach, seemingly unable to keep her laughter.

“Hey, what’s so funny?” Amber asked.

Krystal was still giggling before she holds her phone up, and on the screen was Amber, she had a llama face on, even worse, it was like she was waiting for a kiss of the century.

Amber was going to grab her phone, but Krystal was fast enough to dodge her and make a run for it.

“Hahaha, you should see your face stupid!”

“Yah! Get back here!

“No way~” She brings her tongue out for Amber to see.

“Erase that!

“You get to take pictures of me all the time, why can’t I do the same?”

“Cause you’re a model and I’m a photographer!”

“No fair!”

Click

Click, snapsnot, fill me in


“Ah… I still can’t believe you took a picture of that embarrassing moment…” Amber says, a photo album resting on her lap.

She and Eric were both sitting on a couch, comfortably talking about whatever comes to mind. “Hey, it’s a good memory, don’t you want to remember when you and your girlfriend met?”

“Yeah… it’s just embarrassing..I mean look at that!” She gestures to the photo of her and Krystal chasing each other like kids, beside it was the picture of her puckering her lips.

“Ahaha, she got you good man!

“Hey!”

As the duo bantered, they didn’t notice that the door opened. “Babe, I’m home~” A now brown haired girl announced. Krystal changed her hair color months ago, Amber did the same and had her natural black back. “Hey~” Amber walks over behind her, placing her hands on her girlfriend’s waist.

“Ughh… I’m gonna leave, you guys get a room or something!” Eric said in the background.

“You know what Am, he’s right, let’s get a room..” Krystal jokingly starts. “Yeah, let’s do that..”

“You guys!”

“Hahahaha!”

Soon the room was filled with their friends. It’s only been 9 months since they got together, but everyone seems to have known that they were dating for the rest of their lives.

It was a small gathering, something they did every time they get a chance—these days it was rare since Krystal’s tight schedule, even Amber’s.
After the fun and games, they took pictures of themselves.

Amber glossed over her fingertips to her girlfriend’s picture on her latest photo shoot. She wasn’t the photographer, but the girl still looked beautiful all the same.

“Gorgeous…” She whispered.

“I like it better when you’re my photographer…” Krystal says, resting her chin on Amber’s shoulder.

“Still beautiful though..”

“I know”

“Haha.” Amber grins and turns around, facing the girl. “…And way prettier in real life.”

“Well I’m lucky I have a y llama..”

The girl grinned even wider. She places Krystal’s arm around her neck and leans over her. “Close your eyes..” The princess couldn’t help but smile. She obediently closes her eyes, she felt like she waited for centuries.

Click

“Huh?” She opened her eye lids only to have her lips captured by Amber, she retracted quickly and danced around the room, holding her phone up in the air.

“I got you, hahaha!” Her friends peeked at the photo and shared the laughter Amber did. The princess saw it too and she fumed in anger. It was practically the same with Amber’s photo, only she looked more needy.

“Amber!”

“Sorry princess!”

“You little!”

Click

Click, snapsnot, fill me in

 

Our memories will always remain still in the photos that transcend time and space; they’re unchanging, no matter how many eons pass—it fills us with the emotions of the past. And so, with the wish you see me as I am, our eyes in between photographs; stay beside me, and travel with me along this journey

Amber & Krystal – Our precious memories from frozen images; Forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I'm pretty busy with school , so at some point I kinda forgot to create this fic. I'm happy I was able to finish it last night though, thank you coffee~!

SO, pretty long... I know, I guess I have a thing which makes me want to make long fics.. ah, but it's fine, right?

Anyways, I myself like taking photos, but not selfies, more on other people and objects. I'm not a photographer though.

I feel like I made alot of mistakes, but I hope you like it anyways. Comment me about what you feel about the fic, it gives me life :D

P.S: Thank you to all the supported my previous fic, your kind words is are appreciated :D

P.S.S: Wrote this half asleep XD

-A