"No problem, hyung" - Yoonmin

“No problem, hyung” - Yoonmin Drabble

In a dimly lit apartment, laid a sluggish Yoongi draped in wooly blankets. His laptop before him at 4 o’clock in the morning, with his ear cancelling headphones blocking out the rustling and bothersome sounds of Seoul; yet none of it seemed to help the man. Yoongi didn’t know what was going on with him, but for the past few weeks, his work drive was at a halt. Even some of his coworkers at the studio were worried for him, seeing him go home earlier than he usually does, and finding him procrastinating with phone calls more than actually working on his personal music. The album he had recently released received so much love and support from his worldwide fans, but he couldn’t just stop it there. He always wanted to improve himself as a person of utter passion, and give more to the people whom craved his music. His fans were what kept him so absolutely motivated to keep going and pushing himself, losing hours of sleep and meals for the people who ached for his musical touch. All this for these fans, especially his number one fan: Park Jimin

Yoongi had always been an introverted person who would rather listen to, or write music than actually conversate with any human being on the planet and beyond. But when Park Jimin came around, a special bright light was ignited in Yoongi. His happiness was genuine when Jimin was added into the mix. Yoongi found himself smiling so much more often; growing so much as a person and a writer once Jimin merely entered the room. Unintentionally blushing rapidly when he was called ‘hyung’ by the oh so talented younger, whom constantly called him at work to make sure he received the food he sent him. Every. Day.

So many happy years with Jimin, and they are still together to this day.

Yoongi slammed his laptop shut. Rubbing his eyes of slumber, blurring his vision for a second before tossing the comforters aside the loveseat his body was curled in. Yoongi scanned his surroundings; Jimin was in the bedroom he assumed as he swept the floors with his kumamon socks Jimin got him for his birthday last year. He reached for a glass cup from the cabinets in the dissaried kitchen/dining room. The sound of Yoongi’s heavy breathing was the only audible thing in the room to his knowing. Yoongi opened the refrigerator door,  which smelled heavily of vodka and radish kimchi. Yoongi put aside the leftover rice to get to the milk in the back, shaking the nearest bottle to be met with an empty carton. Yoongi tossed the garbage away beside him and reached for the other carton, slamming it on the table with a thud from its weight. Yoongi unscrewed the pink cap, just to see the stupid plastic freshness tab. He picked at it with his calloused slim fingers; not making progress and gradually getting pissed. With force, he yanked at the mocking plastic tab…just to rip the top layer off, making him bang the table with his clenched fists. “Damn it!” He balled.

“H-Hyung?”

“Uh…J-Jimin?”

“What are you doing, hyung?” Approaching shirtless, and in nothing but joggers, Jimin appeared from the hallway that led to the bedrooms, wondering in a rusty morning voice. He ran his fingers through his dark thick hair, coming around the corner to the source of din that forced him away from his dreams. “Sorry, I just wanted to open this” Yoongi confessed, eyelashes fluttering under bleached fringe down to the younger. Jimin let out a light chuckle to his hyung, swinging around the wooden table, and wrapping his arms around the slim waist of his elder; settling his chin in the crook his his hyung’s neck. “You need help, hyung?” Jimin’s hot breath tickled the hairs of Yoongi’s nape. Yoongi simply nodded to the gesture, taking deep breathes as Jimin’s heart beat was felt and perceived behind him. Jimin hummed in respond, then placing feather like butterfly kisses up the column of Yoongi’s neck to behind his ear, and easily taking of the tab of the liter of milk off as he did so. “Here, hyung” Yoongi didn’t dare move, not wanting it to stop. Jimin got the milk and poured Yoongi his half cup, then closing the carton, and leaving Yoongi’s presence to put the milk away. “Jimin? Where are you going?” Yoongi stuttered as Jimin made his way back to shared room. “Why, you need anything else hyung?”

“I’ve…um…had some trouble with my music lately and,”

“A bit of inspiration, hyung?” Jimin interrupted

Yoongi’s finger lined the ring of the untouched glass of milk out of shyness, in front of someone he’s known for so long.

“Maybe a bit more…” Jimin beamed a smile to the simple 4 word statement.

“No problem, hyung”.