10. I try

Once Again With An Unlucky Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The engineering society where Shu Hai worked was the top of the top in the industry. Shu Hai got his first pay. He knew there would be agreeable numbers before the coma punctuation but didn't even check his count. Shu Hai wasn't lacking money.

Bii was satisfied of his work and proposed him to went out this night to have drinks with colleagues and there would be work partners like Zheng Nan who worked for an other society and collaborated with their one’s.

"Now that I think about it, how exactly is your relation with Zheng Nan?" Shu Hai asked him. Bii had said Zheng Nan had proposed his application and had talked for him. The woman had kept bothering Shu Hai – "call Bii, call Bii!" – when he was searching (inactively) for a job.

Bii was startled, "What do you mean?"

"Tkk tkk tkk, either you are loyal to whom has recommended someone like me, or you have an interest in Zheng Nan, or even in me?"

Bii smiled, he didn't wave or got shock an inch.

"Ask Zheng Nan, you would get your answer. About this process, could you give me another proposal, the administration rejected this one. Before the end of the week please."

"They rejected it? Let me present the details at the next reunion. This is indeed a good idea. They might not have understood. I'm not good at writing, ideas are all in my head. I will come with a plan B but the A is the one the society needs."

Bii nodded. "The next reunion would be the moment you will prove it. I add your participation on the schedule."

"Thanks".

Shu Hai thought he had finished his day but finally he had to write again. Working is good but something in working was boring. He checked his phone who buzzed. Unhappily, he recognized the number: one of the Trio was calling.

"Shu Hai, we are in front of your society. You promised you will let us enter to check the aeronautical mock-ups. Traitor, we are still waiting!" he yelled.

"Okay, okay. Wait a moment." Shu Hai answered defeated.

He ended the call and went down to welcome them.

"Hey, so you are really there, I thought it was just a myth."

The Trio had not changed, still annoying and childish. Shu Hai had met them even before he had encountered Mystic. All what he knew about the geek universe, he had learnt it with them. However, he needed to cut a bit their bond.

"You can't come here like this. It's my place of work. Let's schedule a reunion at your house one day with Zheng Nan."

"See how you have changed. Being a geek isn't worthy enough, that's it?" The younger one said disappointed.

"How do you want I to keep my job if you bother me there?" Shu Hai complained. "Let's bother each other in front of a serious game at your house instead."

"Do you know the ones with the Two-Heads Siren Master has updates? I will give you…"

"Thanks guys." Shu Hai cut him.

"Why thanks?"

"You know what I want to say." Shu Hai ended.

The Trio agreed and smiled.

When Maggie had given Shu Hai the phone number of the first one who had registered him to the academy, Shu Hai had not taken long to find the guilt: one of the Trio. Annoying as they were, he thought that they surely had wanted to gladden his life and lift his spirit up to no avail since Hong Pei. Maybe in their messing ways to do things, it had just been for a trick and they had not realized the academy would have registered their phone number and not suppressed his data. Zheng Nan might have been there that day and she might have stopped them to go further in their trick. However, three months later, as the coach had said, the coach himself would have opened his folder and added him to the promotional offer. Since Hong Pei, Shu Hai knew that there was not hazard with the destiny. If something happened, it had a reason. And now, the reason could be that it was written, that he had to meet the coach Chang An.


 

"How goes your training? The tournament is coming soon."

This was a text that Shu Hai had sent this morning to the coach. He read the answer he had got during the day:

"Next month."

Shu Hai didn't like the coach short sentences. But he didn’t dislike chatting with him. There were some things unclear about the coach. Shu Hai was sure the subscription affair was more complicated and he didn’t believe that Chang An would have tricked him on purpose, otherwise he wouldn’t have wanted to see him at his building, instead of Yoona… except if he was interested or wanted to apologize.

Actually, Shu Hai wasn't clean too: didn't Shu Hai have started spying Chang An and scheming to find his weaknesses with Aaron and Mystic's help?

Since Shu Hai had a job, all had changed. Zheng Nan didn't curse him everyday, he abandoned most of the series that he had been following on TV (because no time to watch them), and he had less chances to meet Aaron when he finished school to talk a bit.

Shu Hai was on the way to his home after his work when he found luggages at the entrance of the building. Nobody was moving his home so, it could only be…

"Shushu!!!"

"Hey! Aaron, what happens?"

"My uncle comes back, he was fired from his work."

"Gosh! Do you need some help?" Shu Hai had already grabbed the luggages and started to walk towards the house.

"No, Shushu, these ones are my sister's. She returns to her apartment since my uncle is back."

"Oh!" Shu Hai stopped what he was doing. He wondered if she still was angry with him since the failed date.

"Where does she live? Is it far?"

"No, it is in the city. She would continue monitoring me with my uncle so" Aaron grumbled.

"And you know you need it." It was Yoona who came out. She was nicely dressed for someone who was moving luggages. But as soon as Shu Hai thought about it, he saw a man with a uniform leaving the house with other luggages. Indeed, Beauty employed a company to help her.

Shu Hai caught her gaze staring at him and his clothes. He realized she might not have seen him going to work in his costume. When he helped her, he was wearing a simple one because of his first interview and so it was exceptional. She was just discovering that he was forced to change his clothes and hair style because of work… And Shu Hai soon felt annoyed to be stared.

"I was about to propose Aaron my help when you arrived." he said.

She just ignored him. "I don't need it."

Shu Hai raised his eyebrows and looked at Aaron. The boy came closer to Shu Hai.

"It's my fault." he whispered. "She said she wouldn't have to be involved with a man who is so different of the other man."

"What do you mean?" Shu Hai asked dumbfounded.

"Shushu, can I ask you something? Was Hong Pei a bad person? I know you aren't but him was he?"

"Why are you asking me this?"

"Because Yoona said the kind of relationship you had with Hong Pei was bad."

"How does she know about Hong Pei? She wasn't living there at that time…" Shu Hai thought angry and then recognized the traitor. "Aaron you told her?"

"She asked so I answer. And my uncle told her too."

"What did she know?"

"That you lived with a man. You were both a couple. That he was sick because he stayed always upstairs" he said while looking at the balcony. "And never showed his face or leaving the house."

"Young boy!" Shu Hai yelled, laughing inside. Of course, Hong Pei was still a spirit at that time! "Can't you hold your tongue?"

"Sorry Shushu. But it is not wrong, is it?"

"Wrong or not, right or not, don't speak about my life to everyone! Moreover to your sister."

"Don't worry, I took your defence and the coach Chang An too."

"Coach Chang An?"

"Yes, remember when he brought us back after our secret trip to the castle, he stayed dinner with Yoona and me. Yoona complained about your attitude though she didn't know you. She told about you, that you was bad because you lived with that someone." Aaron described.

"What did the coach say?" Shu Hai asked, concerned.

"I don't remember but he wasn't badmouthing you." He paused and was thinking. "Him and my sister knew them since long."

"Of course, he is your boyfriend’ sister!" Shu Hai sighed.

"I don't think so. My sister has always spoken about the coach but she just like to believe that she is liked. How do you know they are a couple? Have you seen them kiss?" he asked curious and at the same time so disgusted.

Shu Hai got reminded of the kiss Chang An and Yoona might have changed in front of him at the cafe when Yoona had left. Really awkward and disgusted. But Shu Hai lied to Aaron.

"Kiss? Indeed not. But they were a couple."

"I don't think so." Aaron insisted.

"Stop saying I don't think so, I don't think so… Are you a parrot?" Shu Hai mocked him as he started to tickle.

"Ahah!!! Stop Shushu stop. A parrot ahah! I don't think so! My sister is coming!"

Shu Hai stopped and Aaron immediately fled inside the mid-empty house.

"That boy!" Shu Hai mumbled and he entered his home.

Shu Hai first checked his messages. It seemed that the well conceived series that he had been supported would not have a season two but there would be a donghua about it. That was great and quite satisfying for the fans. Better than nothing. Then he went to take a shower. He was peaceful and wanted to be in his pyjama before watching TV with pizza and one beer. Maybe, Mystic would come later to annoy him. Whatever at that time, without thinking about anything, he enjoyed the shower. He grabbed the wash-cloth and used it on his face; he remembered when the coach had applied a wash-cloth on his forehead. He started to feel really idiot to be tense about this thought. Quickly, he opened the tap and wetted his head.


 

"Hey, Shu Hai, come in. At least you are there. Do you know since when your dad is waiting for you?" Zheng Nan told him when Shu Hai showed in her house.

"Hey, he comes in holiday onto your house. Isn't he your biological father after all?"

"Biological or not, you know it's your father too. Remember who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter