Never Alone

I'll have a TaecKhun and... a TaecKhun, please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soz, peeps! I said I was going to do obviously other titles, somehow this idea hit me like a bullet to the head. I'm sorry, it's angst again. Hahaha.

Title: Never Alone

Genre: Angst, slight science fiction (the future is now, guys)

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Nichkhun is a cop, Chansung is his partner. A normal day: working, texting his hot writer bf, teased by Chansung for being lovey-dovey, giving tickets, then back home to his boyfriend. But things are not as what they seem.

Warning(s): cuss words, 2PM! in police uniform!

 

It was just another day at work. Nichkhun was in the police car, next to his partner, Chansung, as usual. Chansung was eating his ten a.m. sandwiches behind the wheel, as usual. They watched over the motorways for any speeding drivers as usual (or any incidents happening in their sights). Nichkhun felt a vibration in his pocket. He quickly fished out his phone and smiled as soon as he saw what caused the vibration.

Taec:

Hey, how’s the patrol? 

“Boring, which is nice. Chansungie has finished his second sandwich,” replied Nichkhun rapidly. Chansung leered curiously.

“Your hubby?”

“Shut up, we’re not married,” Nichkhun parried with blushing face. Chansung snorted.

“Not yet,” he said, giggling. He was back to munching a second later.

“Shut up, Hwang Chansung,” said Nichkhun, but he obviously couldn’t stop himself from giggling happily. His phone lit up again and he unlocked it swiftly.

Taec:

I finished the second chapter. Haha. How about coming home early?

“It’s still ten past ten!”

Taec:

I missed you already.

“Sappy. You know that doesn’t work on me.”

“Oh, that works just fine, in my opinion,” Chansung said, again, through his munching mouth. Nichkhun elbowed him, blushing furiously.

“Look! Mad driver drove past red light!” Nichkhun shouted. Chansung fumbled with his sandwich box and readied himself as quickly as possible. He started the car and chased down the lane.

Taec:

Yeah, I believe you… when you stop blushing so beautifully, Khun.

“I’ll get back to you later. Gotta chase.”

Taec:

Go get ‘em, Mr. Policeman.

At the sound of their siren, the red 2010 Ford Mustang GT automatically resided and pulled over. The partners exited the patrol car once stopped, Nichkhun pulled out the notebook and pen. Chansung was by his side, guarding as usual. Nichkhun smiled and tipped his hat, waiting for the driver to roll down the window, so that he could bow and greet whoever they were. Today, it was a woman, mid-twenty perhaps. She wasn’t alone. There was a man of her age sitting at the passenger’s seat. They sensibly turned off their radio.

“Good morning,” Nichkhun started firmly and warmly at the same time. The girl was obviously smitten by the officer’s face as soon as he was in the frame.

“Did we exceed the speed limit?” the man asked bravely, knowing that his girl friend was all over the cop. Nichkhun opened his notebook and clicked the pen, ready to write.

“Did you see the sign?” he asked back. “The light was obviously red, too. What’s your rush, dear folks?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t see the sign, sir,” the girl said innocently, high-pitched voice sweetly filling their ears now. Nichkhun chuckled and wrote it down.

“You didn’t see the sign,” he parroted. “May I take a look at your license?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, officer,” the girl said, biting her lower lip. “I haven’t got my license yet. I am still learning.” Nichkhun nodded and noted it without waiting.

“You should not drive without licensed instructor and standardized vehicle until you get your license, ma’am. Please show him your ID,” Chansung cut in, showing his face to the driver as well. The girl, holding back her excitement so hard, bit her lip harder. She blushed and her eyes sparkled. No one would ever object her for being giddy when the cops, that were about to give her a ticket, were so freaking handsome.

“I won’t do it again, officer,” she said flirtatiously as she handed her ID to Nichkhun.

“Wait, Amanda, let me handle this,” her companion said hurriedly. “Stop talking.”

“Wait, Amanda, let me handle this. Stop talking,” Nichkhun said in monotone voice as he kept scribbling on his notebook. The man began to panic.

“Officer, please, let us off the hook this time! We are late for class. We are students, please,” pleaded the man. Nichkhun nodded rhythmically and did not stop writing or parroting the words they said.

“We’ll let you off,” Nichkhun said with a bright smile, and then he pulled out the ticket book and wrote on it quickly. “We do, but the court won’t.” He snapped the paper and handed it, along with the ID card, to “Amanda”. The girl pouted, but she did not seem unhappy at all, in contrast to the man sitting next to her—storm was above his head literally.

“Good morning, folks. Have a good day,” Nichkhun said, pocketing his stuffs and saluting with his hat. The girl beamed and waved slightly at him while the man glowered. Just a second after dealing with the girl in red Ford Mustang GT, their radio flickered and a lime green Plymouth Baracuda raced past their car.

“Attention all units. There has been a robbery at the 25. Keep an eye on a speeding green Plymouth Baracuda. I repeat, green Plymouth Baracuda.”

Then, Chansung picked up and asked, “Is it 1970? I think we just got a visual. Suspect is in a lime light ‘70 Plymouth ‘Cuda. Need more details.” He climbed behind the wheel and used his seatbelt. Nichkhun was ready next to him.

“Yes, exactly,” the reply came.

“We’re on it,” Nichkhun said, grabbing the duty to the radio transmitter. “It’s heading northbound, closing to the fifty six.”

They slid and raced against time to win the chase. They went up the highway and reported that they had seen the suspect car in sight. Of course, the driver persisted and chose not to be subdued. The Plymouth took a sharp turn as soon it went down the highway. Chansung had no option but to follow. Then, a head came out of the passenger’s seat, along with a CORE 15 riffle in hand.

“,” they cursed.

*****

Two police cars were parked at the hospital. The robbers were arrested and injured, thanks to themselves, though. Chansung was unscathed, but Nichkhun was hit. The goddamn robbers managed to flee once their car was busted and Nichkhun had to go on foot chase with them, rounded them up good with Chansung. The freaking 30round magazine riffle and the driver’s bloody semi-automatic American Classic granted them more than three thousand bucks cost to state. The accomplice got hit at the thigh (courtesy of Hwang Chansung) and the driver got shot on the right shoulder and the foot (hurray to the Thai-man cop).

“These dumbs purchased their firearms online—this is ridiculous, we can buy anything online now?”

Lee Junho and his African-descent partner Sam joined Chansung in front of Nichkhun’s room. He offered his friend a cup of coffee.

“You know everything is purchased online, minimizing the chance of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter