My Sweet Home

Orbiting Bodies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo awakens to their plane touching down on the tarmac and blinks his sleepy eyes open. Ah, Japan.

He ruffles the fluffy mop of brown hair on his shoulder. “Jongin, wake up.”

The heavy weight on his shoulder doesn’t budge, though there are signs of life as Jongin lets out a soft whine.

“Come on, sleepy bear. We’ve gotta deplane.” He nudges the top of Jongin’s head with his nose, effectively pushing him off with the affectionate nuzzle.

Jongin stretches his arms above his head and yawns. “Did you work the whole time?” he asks, eyeing the script Kyungsoo is putting away into his backpack.

“Nah, I napped with you, actually.” Hundred Days Husband filming is going quite smoothly, and while he’d normally still be re-reading lines while traveling to and from other schedules, the temptation to steal a quick cat nap with his boyfriend was much too enticing to pass up.

Plane snuggles have always been a favorite for them.

They get walk down the jetway and get through immigration with little fuss. There aren’t any fansites around today, amazingly, because there’s no performance associated with their visit. Just a photo shoot and some filming for Travel the World on EXO’s Ladder that management has squeezed in.

With just the two of them traveling instead of the whole team, it almost feels like a vacation.

Almost. If you ignore the two bodyguards and their manager Jaehyuk who still trail behind them.

They take their van into the city to the photoshoot location. “We’ve got about an hour and a half before the shoot starts here in this building,” Jaehyuk informs them.

“Free time?” Jongin asks, hopefully. It’s always the best part of being abroad.

“Sure. Here, take a camera with you and get some candid footage that might be useful for the reality show.” The manager hands a small handcam to Kyungsoo and heads off on his own.

“I’m hungry,” Jongin says, turning to Kyungsoo. “Is there a good place to eat nearby, hyung?”

Kyungsoo mentally files through his list of favorite restaurants in the Akasaka area where they’re at, and nods. “Four blocks away,” he says, pointing in the proper direction. He starts walking and feels Jongin’s hand graze his own.

It’s not Seoul, but they’re still in broad daylight so he’s about to object when he realizes Jongin’s just taking the camera from him. The red recording light comes on, and Jongin gives a cheeky grin from behind the camera. He walks alongside Kyungsoo, lens pointed directly at him.

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo asks, refusing to look at the camera and navigating their way through the streets instead.

“Filming you,” comes the matter-of-fact reply. “Tell everyone what we’re doing, D.O. hyung.”

Kyungsoo flushes and gives a nervous laugh. “How about I film you instead?”

“That won’t work. I don’t know where we’re going,” he says with a teasing lilt to his voice.

“Jongin, you know I’m no good at this on my own.” He’s always flustered on these reality segments where he’s supposed to keep the audience entertained all by himself, preferring to stay in the background while other members take the helm for talking to the viewers.

“But you’re not alone, I’m here,” Jongin says flashing another smile.

“Can’t we do this later?” Kyungsoo asks meekly, meeting Jongin’s eyes above the camera while they’re stopped at a crosswalk.

“I’m hurt,” Jongin teases with a dramatic whine. “Everyone else gets to film you, but not me. You’re in front of a camera twelve hours a day right now for your drama.”

“That’s different. I have scripted lines.”

“You don’t need a script. Just talk with me. Oh, I know!” Jongin snaps his fingers. “Just pretend it’s for us, not for a show. Camera’s not even here, okay?” He holds it a little lower so Kyungsoo can look straight at him without the device interfering with the view of his beautiful smile.

And Kyungsoo would do just about anything for that smile.

The crosswalk turns green, and Kyungsoo sighs, nodding as they step out into the street. “Okay.”

“Okay! So where are we going?”

“It’s a really good ramen place,” Kyungsoo explains, trying to focus on just Jongin. “It’s on the early side, so we should be able to eat before the lunch rush.”

Jongin looks around the streets. “This seems familiar. Have I been there before?”

“Yeah, I took you there after a fanmeet once.” He pauses, both his talking and walking, realizing his blunder. “I shouldn’t say that on film, should I?”

Jongin laughs. “Relax. They can always edit stuff out if they don’t want it to air.”

True. That thought helps Kyungsoo relax further. “Yeah, we’ve been there. I like their shoyu ramen.”

They continue chatting about the food the rest of the way to the restaurant. Talking with Jongin is easy, as always, and Kyungsoo genuinely forgets about the camera.

They find two vacant seats at the back of the store, and Jongin puts the camera on a ledge overlooking their table so they don’t have to mess with it while they eat.

“Should I get the same kind or a different one from yours?” Jongin asks, holding his menu out to Kyungsoo.

“Get the tonkotsu ramen, and we can share,” he suggests. “But you have to order it.”

“Whyyy?” Jongin pouts. “Your Japanese is so much better than mine.”

“That’s why you have to practice, you .” Kyungsoo hides his smile by sipping his tea.

“Fine,” he sighs. “Remind me how to say ‘I would like one order.’”

Kyungsoo smiles proudly as Jongin orders not only his tonkotsu but Kyungsoo’s shoyu ramen as well. They chat about upcoming schedules while they wait, and he gets caught up on Rahee’s latest obsession with butterflies and Reon’s new words.

The food comes out piping hot, and they busy themselves with eating. It’s so nice, being able to have a lunch date for once, in broad daylight. Being able to walk down the street without their face masks on and eat without much concern about being interrupted: Kyungsoo loves Japan.

“You wanna try the tonkotsu?” Jongin picks up a big mouthful of noodles and blows on it to cool it down before feeding it Kyungsoo.

He hums around the hot ramen, the broth off his lips and nodding approvingly. “It’s better than the last time I had it here.” He already knows Jongin wants a taste of his ramen, too, and readies a bite for him.

“Mmm, yours is better!” Jongin mumbles with a full mouth.

“Yeah,” he shrugs. “I mean, I think so. What, you want to trade?”

“...Maybe.” Jongin’s phone buzzes. He checks the message and laughs. “Or maybe we should just split it. Manager says we’re supposed to cook and eat during this photoshoot, oops.”

Kyungsoo checks his watch. Oh wow, time really got away from them (like it always does when he spends time with Jongin). They’re due back at the site in ten minutes. Hurriedly, they eat out of the same bowl, downing the shoyu ramen in no time. While they wait to settle up the bill, Jongin grabs the camera and points it at him again.

Kyungsoo flashes a small smile and then looks away, checking to see if their server is on the way with the check. A mechanical whirring sound from the camera catches his attention.

“What was that?”

“Nothing,” Jongin lies, biting his bottom lip. The camera lens tightens and adjusts.

“...did you just zoom in on me?”

Jongin winks and Kyungsoo feels himself blush. “Just enjoying a close-up look at my favorite neck moles.”

Instantly, Kyungsoo’s hand flies up to cover his neck. The camera merely jerks to the side a little.

“Lip mole appreciation, then,” Jongin giggles.

Kyungsoo puts a hand over the camera lens. His boyfriend is relentless . Okay, time to bust out the cute.

“Jong-in-ah,” he singsongs quietly in a aegyo voice, accentuating each syllable. “Stahhhp puhlease.” He blinks his big doe eyes at him several times, watching Jongin melt.

“Okay,” he gives in with a delighted smile.

Kyungsoo quickly takes the camera from him while he’s in his gooey stupor. The bill arrives, and Kyungsoo quickly pays so they can be on their way.

He films Jongin on the walk back, shamelessly zooming in on his face while they wait at the crosswalk. Jongin just tousles his hair and smirks at the lens. He exudes so much confidence, the camera absolutely loves him.

(Kyungsoo and cameras have a lot in common.)

Quietly, Kyungsoo lowers and turns the device off, giving Jongin a tender smile that’s quickly returned. The crosswalk turns green, and they stroll across the street, shoulders pressed together and arms brushing, reveling in as much closeness as they can get away with without outright holding hands.

They meet back up with staff in the lobby and head up to the small apartment where they’re shooting for the magazine.

“We’re going for a very natural look today, light on the make-up and styling,” the director instructs the crew as they get readied for the camera in the master bathroom. “Just be yourselves, guys,” he explains.

Jongin grins at Kyungsoo via the mirror. How fitting for the day thus far.

As the stylist tries to work some hair product into Kyungsoo short fringe, he spies Jongin yawning in the mirror. “Still tired?”

“I’ve had yummy food and now I need a nap,” he jokes, covering his mouth as another yawn slips out.

“Okay, they’re ready!” the coordi noona calls a few moments later.

“Come on out!” replies the director cheerily.

Jongin emerges first. “Ahhh,” he sighs happily, spotting the inviting bed and going to flop down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter