Angel wings

Angel wings [One Shot]

I remember the first time I met him, I punched him in the face. That was when we were still in college. But because of that incident, all of South Korea including SHINee fans and the media was basically hunting us down. So we escaped from Seoul and hid in small towns. Even though we denied ourselves, we still had feelings for each other. I still remember the first time we stayed in a tent because we couldn’t afford a hotel room, the first time we went to china and his attempt to speak Chinese even though he was really bad, and the first time we both confessed and kissed.

I stared into the coffin and my eyes grew blurry from tears.

“Jinki oppa… I’m so sorry… I’m such a pabo…” I cried.

Tears dropped down onto his face, it also seemed like he was crying too. I lent down and pressed my lips against the lifeless ones of his for the last time. I turned around and run out of the church, tears streaming nonstop.

~4 days later~

I lay on the bed, my heart was aching. Glancing at the picture frame located next to the bed, I burst into tears again. Why?!?! Why did it happen to him? Why not someone else? Why did he have to push me aside when that car came and ran him over?!

The whole night I cried until I fell asleep.

~Next day~

I knew what I had to do. I just can’t take it any longer. I grabbed my phone and ran to my car. I kept driving, I didn’t stop. I wasn’t satisfied until I got there.  The crash of the waves thumped my eardrums as I drove closer to that place, the place where we confessed.

I parked the car on the side of the road and I ran towards the cliffs. I pulled out my phone.

Dear Umma, Appa

I’m sorry but please take good care of yourselves and Soomin.

Please don’t come look for me.

I love you, Good bye forever.

I pressed the send button and tossed the phone aside. Slowly I walked to the edge of the cliff, thinking about everyone who I’m gonna miss. Umma, Appa, Soomin, Hyoungjung, everyone, I will miss them all.

But there’s no turning back now.

I jumped into the crashing waves below, my life flashed before my eyes and before I knew it, I was gone.

 ~~~

I woke up. Tears filled my eyes as I found him smiling at me. He walked across the fluffy clouds and held out a hand. He was crying too.

“I love you Jinki.” I whispered

“I love you too Sooyun.” He hugged me.

Then I felt angel wings grew on my back.