Final

Exhaustion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Drip drip drop.Drip drip drop.

Yixing watches as one droplet of water rolls down the surface of the glass, sighing. His eyes flicker to the greyish skies, only thinking of how much he missed his leader. On days like this , he would cuddle up against Junmyeon's warm chest and enjoy the blissful , comforting silence that descends upon both parties like a thick blanket. Not talking, counting their blessings that they could stay like this, in each others arms.

 

He didn't want to just hear his voice over the phone anymore , but at least it was something.

Sure, it was pleasant being able to be in China, being able to be home , safe and sound, but it felt like something was constantly missing, something big. It felt like he was torn apart somehow, without that mellow voice greeting him every morning and always telling him not to put so much stress on himself or to take care of himself, without his pair of strong , comforting arms that he was always eager to confide in to drown his sorrows. It was at times like these that Yixing really misses Junmyeon , falling even deeper in love with the man he had his eyes on since the beginning.

 

"Yixing" , his manager called out , " We're here. The stylists would be here soon to touch up on your makeup. "

He sighs yet again and nods slowly.

 

"Thinking of Junmyeon sshi again?" , his manager waits for his response but none came. Then a hoarse yet gentle voice asked  " When is the next time I'm scheduled to go back to Korea?" 

 

" In about 2 weeks or so , most of the member's are resting now. The new variety show I spoke of would start filming once you reach the venue 2 weeks later. "

 

Yixing only nods in acknowledgement , sighing yet again. He has arrived at the site to film Go Fighting , being the first, he still had time to rest before filming started. Yixing admits that he hasn't been feeling very well for the past few days, only escalating to a slight fever and a suspicious churning below the gut. Gritting his teeth , he pushed through his daily schedules , praying after the nightly phone calls he would make that the condition of his body improves. Despite his pleas to whatever was up there, the blanket of sickness still remained upon him, sometimes even resulting in not being to attend the schedules for that day itself. In the midst of everything, Yixing insisted that he video called Junmyeon every night, even though he had told him not to.

 

"Yixing? Your stylists are here. Stay still while they work on you."  The manager looks at the blank, emotionless face in front of him and sighs, he worried sick for the boy , being under the weather for so long is no good for anyone. 

Fifteen minutes later, Yixing steps out of the van lethargically , feeling slightly woozy. He held the sides of the vehicle to steady himself, once he deemed to be more stable , Yixing walked to the group in front , greeting the rest of the Go Fighting members to get ready for filming.

 

" Yixing , are you alright? You look terribly pale. " Huang Lei asked, concerned that he was not in a state to film. The members gaze were all directed to him.

 

" Shifu, it's fine. " Yixing shrugged it off, saying that it was the lighting that made his skin look the way it was.

The filming started off smoothly , with the usual jokes being passed around and the director giving the mission to the members to complete. Yixing stayed dazed despite the constant calls from the members of the staff around him. The churning in his stomach got worse and worse as if foretelling what would happen.

 

"I need to go to the washroom for a while." Yixing announces , standing up hurriedly , feeling his stomach lurch even more.

 

Seeing the staff scurrying to a side to make a pathway for him to walk to the distant washroom located in the next room , he attempts to walk through, but to no avail. Yixing feels his body floating for a second , before plunging down because of his weight, bringing him into darkness and faint sounds of his name being called out to him in Korean and Chinese both asking if he was okay. He tried to , he really did to reach out to respond to the voices , but he found himself not being able to do anything due to the lack of strength in his limbs. 

 

Yixing had fainted.

 

Yixing feels himself being lifted up by someone , telling him thats it's alright and he would be fine , because he was being rushed to the hospital asap.

 

Junmyeon. Yixing says to himself , I want to see him , his scent , his touch his everything. I want him to comfort me , to tell me that things would be alright. I don't want to go to the hospital , I need Junmyeon. 

 

His manager looks at him and sighs , maybe he should have insisted in him staying in bed to rest today, then this would not have happened. The dear boy had looked so sickly these past few weeks , both sleep deprived and malnutrition as he refused to eat anything more than a few scoops of rice and soup , saying that he had gained weight and his fans would be disappointed. 

 

He has a heart of gold , but he overworks himself to the brink of exhaustion , for the sake of proving that he was not leaving Exo , not now, not ever.

 

The said boy sat on Huang Bo's back , crew rushing to the nearby hospital and laying Yixing down after doing some administrative work.

 

A nurse came in and instructed everyone to step out of the room so that she and her crew could do a full body check up on Yixing to ensure that his life wasn't in danger. Of course, without any hesitations, they all complied , all worried for the fact that the little ball of sunshine has lost his glow. 

 

The nurses stepped out after a while , telling everyone not to disturb him at any costs, because he desperately needed some rest , after flying around constantly and being sleep deprived for the longest time. The doctor in charge also said that his condition was made worse as Yixing was not very healthy mentally , suspecting that he had a very minor case of depression. All the staff present had their eyesbrows creased in worry at the news that the doctor had brought to them.Only his manager knew what could possible make the sickly boy feel better.

 

He dialed Junmyeon's phone number, praying to the gods that he would pick up immediately.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Junmyeon , Yixing's in the hospital right n-"

 

" What!? Where in China are you in now and which hospital is he in?" a flustered Junmyeon blurted out.

 

"Junmyeon calm down, he needs rest right now. The doctors suspect that he is suffering from mild depression. He misses you and the members too much, and stress is added when he tries so hard to prove to others that he is indeed still a member of Exo."

 

All the manager heard was heavy breathing followed by whispers in the background.

 

"I'm flying to China tonight, please let the other members know. Where is Yixing right now?"

 

"We're in Shanghai, Huilong hospital. I'll be here waiting."

 

"See you in a few hours, Hyung."

 

 

The last thing Junmyeon had thought he was going to do that afternoon was frantically stuffing his luggage and flying off to see his boyfriend who had been hospitalized for overexhausion.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter