Jungkook's Birthday Surprise

Jungkook's Birthday Surprise

“It’s barely thirty minutes left before Kookie’s birthday!!!” Jimin exclaimed, pointing out the obvious to his hyungs.

Hosoek was putting up the banderitas, attempting to stick them to the cold hard walls with a tape. Jin was arranging the little candles on a cake they asked the staff to buy earlier for the birthday boy.

Namjoon was browsing through his gallery to look for an image of the maknae featuring a derp face.

Yoongi was dozing off at one corner, telling the others earlier to wake him up if it was already midnight.

“Where’s Jungkook?” Jimin asked after looking around the room, the excitement in his stomach churning as if it was his birthday.

The others (except for Yoongi, of course), turned to look at him and browsed the room for their youngest member who was about to turn twenty in about twenty-five minutes. “And where’s Taehyung?”

“Oh,” the others chorused and continued with what they were doing.

“What do you guys mean ‘Oh’?” Jimin asked, puzzled.

“Oh, you know. Maybe Taetae prepared something special for Kook. Those two probably miss each other a lot.” Namjoon answered without lifting his head up to look at Jimin, concentrating on swiping through his cellphone. Jimin mouthed an ‘oh’ when he understood.

“I wonder what Tae’s got under his sleeve this year,” Jin giggled a little, finally contented with his arrangement of the candles on top of Jungkook’s birthday fruitcake. “That kid always has something prepared for Jungkook, I’m getting a little jealous,”

“I’m amazed he had the time to prepare something. That kid’s so busy these days,” Hobi smugly looked up at his simple decoration on the wall and clapped his hands against each other. “Yosh, the banderitas are up! Yay!”

“Well I hope they come back before midnight, because Jungkook needs to blow his candles on midnight!” Jimin excitedly exclaimed again, jumping on his place, accidentally bumping into the chair where Yoongi was sleeping.

Yoongi stirred and opened his eyes, his gaze landing on Jimin. Jimin nervously laughed and flashed a peace sign and his ever-blinding eye-smile to Yoongi’s direction. “Oops, sorry hyung. Teehee~”

Yoongi lifted an eyebrow and turned his head to the other direction, continuing his slumber after mumbling a soft “I really hate lovers” for nobody in particular to hear—but Jimin did.

The hyungs have always noticed the fondness the two youngest members had for each other, and at first, they brushed it off as simple, brotherly love. Gradually, they noticed that both maknaes treat the hyungs differently than they do each other—and hell no, it was not brotherly love.

Taehyung and Jungkook had something in the way they stared at each other—like they knew what the other was thinking just by looking and smiling at each other. Taehyung particularly likes to pester the younger—and everyone knew that if you teased Jungkook he would never back down and it would end up with you running back to your mom’s womb. When it’s Jimin, Jungkook would just blatantly ignore him, much to Chimchim’s chagrin. But if it was Taehyung, Jungkook would let him play with him.

Nothing was ever really funny for Jungkook, and if everybody else is laughing their stomachs off at something funny, he would just stare and observe, probably still looking for the joke. But whenever it was Taehyung who did or told something funny, Jungkook would always automatically smile, laugh, and stare at Taehyung like he was the most beautiful thing ever created.

There had been also a number of times when one of them would crawl to the other’s bed while sleeping, and they would all be wondering the next morning why they were already sleeping next to each other.

What they’ve also noticed is Jungkook’s possessiveness of Taehyung. Sure, Taehyung was close to everyone, and Jungkook—probably he treasured a little more. But Jungkook was terrible at hiding his emotions. He would often be jealous when Taehyung showed skinship towards the other members, even members from other idol groups. Fancams and videos from TV stations always caught Jungkook staring, or Jungkook struggling so hard to keep a straight face and pass it off as nothing. He would keep silent and struggle with his emotions in a corner.

While Taehyung was close to everyone, he would also show signs of possessiveness towards Jungkook. Most of the time from Jimin—everyone knows how Jimin likes to play and tease with the maknae. Whenever Taehyung was there, he would always try to prevent Jimin from even touching the younger, always blocking the gap between Jimin and Jungkook, and even trying to get between them when the two walk together side by side.

Although the two never really admitted anything to them, the hyungs figured it out before the two could even confess.

--

“Sorry it’s just this, this year,” Taehyung whispered against Jungkook’s ear, burying his face onto the crook of the younger’s neck. He tightened his hold around Jungkook’s arms and breathed his scent.

“Don’t apologize. This is already perfect, hyung.” Jungkook answered, thankful for the dimly-lit ambiance, leaning closer against Taehyung. The older was back-hugging him while they sat on a picnic blanket up on the rooftop. Taehyung had prepared a little picnic-kind-of-date on the rooftop, grateful that it didn’t rain on an almost-September night. Yes, it was already really perfect to be in the arms of the person you love.

“You’re twenty now,” Taehyung’s deep voice resonated against Jungkook’s skin, making him shiver. He grinned a little and decided to give a cheeky reply.

“Well, in half an hour or so. I’m still nineteen right now,”

He could feel Taehyung smiling against his neck, and he felt the older tighten his arms around him more. He loved the feeling of being enveloped in Taehyung’s arms. His hyung was warm, and his breath was sending shivers to his neck, giving him tingles everywhere.

“We need to return before midnight, y’know. The others will be waiting,” Jungkook reminded, looking at the dark sky filled with little drops of white—others almost fading and blurry in his vision.

“I should’ve brought the cake here then, so we won’t need to return,” Taehyung lifted his head and looked at Jungkook in a dangerously close proximity. Jungkook tried to challenge him by returning Taehyung’s stare, but ended up getting flustered instead.

Taehyung’s eyes fell on Jungkook’s lips, and they both knew where this was going.

And Jungkook closed the gap by capturing Taehyung’s plump lips.

They both closed their eyes upon contact, feeling each other’s lips. The giddy feeling Jungkook always felt whenever Taehyung was around only escalated higher, hearing his heart thumping in his ears just a little louder than it normally does. Taehyung angled his head for better access, and he noticed Jungkook was struggling to face him, and he loosened his hold.

Jungkook was the first one to break the contact. “Sorry,” he shyly whispered. He adjusted his position to sit closer to Taehyung and smiled when he noticed the light blush on Taehyung’s cheeks. Taehyung was suppressing a smile, not wanting to ruin the mood.

“I really like you, hyung.” Jungkook confessed, his pursed lips indicating he was a little shy at his confession. Taehyung’s infamous box smile finally emerged on his face.

Taehyung lifted an eyebrow. “Really? Just ‘like’?” He teased, tugging at Jungkook’s cardigan and took the younger’s hands in his.

Jungkook’s smile slowly formed in his face—and he knew well Taehyung was watching. Taehyung’s face also broke into a larger smile and he rubbed circles on the younger’s hands.

“I really love you, Jungkook-ah,” Taehyung intertwined their fingers and pulled the younger closer for a hug. “I really, really do. I love you.”

Ah. These intimate moments. He really missed Taehyung. Jungkook was thankful his hyung had pulled him in for a hug to keep him from seeing his flustered face. He couldn’t stop himself from smiling and he loved the other’s tight hold on him. He really liked Taehyung’s skinship—at least when it was just the two of them.

Jungkook really loved Taehyung. He really did. But Jungkook being Jungkook, he was too shy to put it into words. Telling Taehyung that he liked him was already nerve-wrecking for the maknae.

He could remember when he first realized that he was in love with Tae, he was so scared. He didn’t know what the other hyungs would think of him. He was scared the managers will scold him or Bang PDNim might force him to resign. He was scared what the ARMY would think of him. His feelings for Tae were of no help to his idol status—and all his hard work, dreams, and aspirations would all go down the drain.

But he couldn’t stop loving Taehyung. More so when he discovered Taehyung also felt the same way about him.

They both decided to say nothing about it to anyone else, and continued to treat each other the way they always treat each other. They let the others speculate or color their actions with meaning. It wasn’t as if they confirmed or denied anything. It was like an open-ended story. They both knew about their feelings—that was what was important, and they were contented of that.  

But Taehyung was starting to think otherwise.

Taehyung’s hands started roaming around Jungkook’s sides and back, Jungkook widening his eyes at the action. Taehyung was being particularly touchy today. He hasn’t let go of Jungkook since they reached the roof.

When Taehyung decided to pull away—he didn’t know why but Jungkook somehow felt a little disappointed.

 “Well, I guess it’s time to go back now, hyung,” he said, looking at his watch, deciding to break the silence anyway. He was sure that the other hyungs were looking for them, and he was thankful that they were being considerate about him and Taehyung spending time with each other. He was sure the others had already noticed their relationship.  

Taehyung didn’t answer, but the next thing Jungkook knew, Taehyung had pulled his face in for a kiss. A little surprised at first—he eventually closed his eyes and let Taehyung do what he wanted Taehyung to do to him. He belonged to Tae anyway.

The kiss was passionate, a little strong, but it was still gentle. Jungkook knew Taehyung was trying to convey how much the older loved him. And he was glad. He returned the fervor and gently tugged on the other’s lower lip. He could feel the blood rushing all throughout his body, and a little later, he felt himself getting drunk in Taehyung’s kisses.

Jungkook pulled away; Taehyung was still in the moment when he realized the younger’s lips were already gone. Jungkook couldn’t help but stare at Taehyung’s lips—a little swollen and wet. The idea that it was because of him made him smirk.

“Hey, I’m not done with you yet,” Taehyung pulled him by the neck and Jungkook let him. The older’s lips trailed through his neck, the skin. “I haven’t given you my surprise yet.”

Jungkook blushed. “S-Surprise? What is it?” Jungkook was thankful that they were sitting on the floor, because if they were standing he was sure his legs would give away, as he was already so weak and utterly seduced by Taehyung’s words and his actions.

These days, because of their busy schedule and Taehyung being away a lot for his drama, Jungkook felt a little lonely, always resorting to sticking with Jimin. Taehyung wasn’t particularly happy about it, “punishing” him by abusing the younger’s lips with their passionate making out every night.

Taehyung wearing shirts with open collars which showed his collarbones didn’t help too. Whenever they were with the others, Jungkook couldn’t stop staring. When he realizes this, he turns to the wall and blushes. He was discovering new feelings—because of Taehyung.

He couldn’t help it. He was a growing boy, after all.

Taehyung continued to at his neck, eventually sinking his teeth and . Jungkook, very surprised by the action, unconsciously lets out a soft moan—making Taehyung stop. He looked at Jungkook, the other’s face showing a very embarrassed expression, making Taehyung grin.

“I haven’t even done anything yet,” Taehyung laughed, grinning at the reddening spot on Jungkook’s neck.

“What the hell, hyung. We need to go back now,” Jungkook struggled to remove Taehyung’s hands on him—blushing even more when he realized Taehyung’s hand already on his back, under his shirt.

“Aww, is my Kookie blushing?” Taehyung teased, trying to block Jungkook as the younger struggled to get off him.

“Seriously, hyung, come on, let’s go back now.” Jungkook looked below, trying to avoid eye contact, his face still flustered. This is bad.

Taehyung grinned and gathered the younger’s face in his hands, making him face him. “Look at me, Kook,” he whispered. Jungkook hesitantly obeyed, recreating their eye contact. He found Taehyung closing the gap between them and gave him a soft peck on the lips. “Don’t worry, I won’t do anything you wouldn’t like,” he continued—only to make Jungkook blush even more—flooding the younger’s mind with not-so-innocent thoughts.

“Yah, Kim Taehyung!”

Taehyung loudly laughed, pinching Jungkook’s cheeks in the process. “Okay, come on, let’s go back now, it’s almost time,” he pulled himself up, waiting for Jungkook.

He tidied up the cloth and threw his arm around Jungkook when he was busy cleaning the imaginary dirt from his . “Happy Birthday, Kookie,” he kissed Jungkook on one side of his lips and grinned, pulling away a little to still feel their breath against each other.

Seemingly discontent with it, Jungkook pecked his lips fully on Taehyung’s. “Thank you, hyung.”

Taehyung started to walk to the exit, Jungkook in his arm when Jungkook asked, “Where’s my surprise?”

Taehyung grinned. “I’ll save it when you’re twenty.”

Jungkook stared at him, puzzled. “But, I’m twenty now.”

Taehyung stopped walking and placed his lips against Jungkook’s ear, whispering, “I’m gonna do bad things with you.”

The birthday boy was surprised—shocked even. And utterly seduced.

 

 

 

-- 

Well, this ends our Jungkook birthday oneshot.

Hope you enjoyed it, ARMY! :)

 

Love,

xx kalleninlove