1/1

That night you came to me

 

 

 

They say love is blind,

but I,

I’m blinded by your love…

 

 

 

 

***

Now you just pass me by

I’m stumbling through this life like a man with no sight

Like a man that lost his fight

And all these words, they come too late...

 

 

Present time


“…So even If it will end up badly, even if he’s not the one, I want to take the chance and go find him. For the first time in my life I will leave the island and as scary as it is…  I don’t want to be a coward, not when it comes to love…

…Woah our today’s guest, Jinwoo, has quite a resolve. Thank you for sharing with us your plans, hope you will call us and tell the outcome…”

Mino massaged his neck looking back at the drawing in front of him. For the time being he stopped paying attention to the audition playing on the radio caught up in his own thoughts.

It was his favorite program although it wasn’t really suiting his taste or his image as he was aspiring rapper in yg. However every Monday morning he was catching himself listening to the “One coffee with love and no sugar” – program that was concentrating on love stories or rather of how hard it was to find “love” or sometimes simply maintain it.

Mino liked that honest look on love. They were all growing up on stories with red string of fate appearing on the right wrist on one’s eighteen birthday ready to lead him to his destined loved ones to spend rest of his life full happy and all that crap. Reality was that some of the strings were disappearing, some of them were leading to nothing, some were leading to a person that would never love you. And his…

Mino laid back on the chair staring at the pulsing string coming as a branch from his wrist disappearing in the nearest wall. He knew exactly to whom it was leading. Frankly speaking he didn’t need the red blinding string flying around to give his heart the answer.

Rather than being awaited signpost to where to go, red string was now an annoying reminder of what he failed at. It was irritating. It was making his sleepless nights all colored in frustrating red. It was finally painful, as if some part of him out of his control was missing the possibility of the things he actually could have.

And to be perfectly honest that was the worst. That slight hope raising in his heart, the image of them together, like a small fire that was supposed to warm his night, it was only burning him inside, making him the king of the ashes. Ashes of the possibilities, self-written scenarios and him…

Here exactly on 7:30 am. Seungyoon comes out the house dressed in plain black coat and jeans with sunglasses on to hide his blind eyes. His steps as always so energetic and there’s something about him that’s somehow fresh, Mino could swear he feels the breeze on his skin just by looking at him walking down their street. They were living in this neighborhood since their childhood days, houses near each other’s, friends since forever.

Friends.

String on his hand starts pulsing violently, spilling everywhere blinding red as Seungyoon gets closer to his opened window.

Mino kept staring at the boy feeling his heart longing.

“Maybe today… maybe today is the day… maybe I shall just say it finally…” he thought desperately as the boy was coming closer.

Or maybe not …

He thought bitterly as he got out from under the desk he hid himself in the last minute. Hell was he even doing this… It was stupid, obviously Seungyoon can’t see…

Mino cursed under his breath. He was so stupid. And scared. And he missed his opportunity today as well.

Mornings were the only times during the day they could meet as Seungyoon was studying in the music university, while Mino was mostly at yg’s building. Their buses never matched, they were never coming back on the same time. Mornings where his only opportunity to break the silence that blossomed between them since… yeah better not to remember that day…

Without even realizing he started to draw a skinny figure on the free piece of paper his desk was swallowed with. One of thousand sketches he already made and not one of them would properly portrait the beauty of the boy that was not hiding in his porcelain skin, tall, slim figure, dark hair charmingly crowning his sun like face. The true secret of his charm were his delicate moves, warm words, and smile…

Oh God, his smile was embarrassing stars as they were not shining bright enough to be even compared to it. With his smile it was like whole world was exploding in it’s beauty, like new sun born on the ashes ordinariness…

Mino bit his lip as he couldn’t stand his own cheesiness, but hell this boy was doing things to him…

He lighted up the cigarette, closed eyes, then  inhaled deeply.

He was in love. And as the smoke from cigarette - him and Seungyoon were existing only in his imagination disappearing as he tried to figured out something of it.

They were friends. Best of all. They should have stayed that way, it was easier back then. But Mino’s heart needed to grab on Seungyoon and apparently ruined it all. Pulsing red string was just the bonus. String he was the only one seeing as Seungyoon lost his sight before his eighteen birthday. Yeah, fate just loves playing with him in the cruelest ways.

Once again he looked at the sketches on his desk. He remembered them all by heart.

He should have done something with them, but… he was still sitting on the chair seeing Seungyoon now disappearing from his sight along with Mino’s good humor, leaving only red string shining brightly as if nothing happened, like it wasn’t suddenly better to close eyes than keep them open.

“Coward.” Whispered the world.

Yeah, Mino throw his pencil away annoyed with himself, he invented that word.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

They said not being able to see anything would be the worst. Frankly speaking it was breaking him not to be able to see his mother’s smile as he used to, to not see new movies, comics, not to be able to hang out with his friends as he used to… To give up so many things he used to think he won’t be able live without…

Yeah being blind was such a pain in the but Seungyoon swore to himself he would never let it break him to the point beyond repair. After all cracks are just measuring all the things he managed to survive. He was proud of those scars as it was his reminder of how strong he can be.

And his eighteen years old self went through a lot putting it simply.

When he was sixteen in accident he lost his sight. And his previous life. Normal life. And he said hello to the darkness in as poetical as very real sense.

For him not seeing anything was hard, but the darkness that was swallowing his world that was the worst, that was unbearable, that was far beyond his control. Terrifying to the core as he could not escape from it. Normal people close their eyes when they are scared, here he would give anything to open them. To see again.

But as Mino once told him darkness is like a painting canvas, you just need to use it to create new things with your mind. You can paint it freely with no breaks. It was not much of a comfort, however it was working well especially during hard times.

Seungyoon spread his arm slowly touching cold surface of the desk until he found his phone. He was ready to go out of house but turned back to check the switch of the lights as his mother has a habit of lighting them on in the early morning and forgetting to turn them off on her way out to work. As he was turning them off he smiled of the memory it brought to him.

“And now?” Mino asked and Seungyoon didn’t need to see to know his silly face as Mino was so focused on pointing the strongest and biggest flashlight he could found right on his face. “Not even a little lighter?”

Seungyoon sighed. He already gave up on trying to change anything about the darkness he was sentenced by fate to live in, but Mino was a hopeless case. He was trying anything to brighten Seungyoon’s world.  He doesn’t even know how much he already… Seungyoon just shook his head, it was not point of thinking about it now.

“Yeah, a little brighter.” He lied eventually with tiny smile blossoming on his lips after such a long time escaping the winter he covered himself with.

“Really?” He felt Mino’s warm hands shaking his arms in excitement. “See! We can change it!”

And somehow it was slowly changing… not the darkness, but his heart…

Seungyoon locked the doors biting his bottom lip. Going back to the days they were still so close was not a good thing for his heart and mind.

Maybe if he didn’t lie that time and many other times, maybe if he didn’t let him in, maybe then he wouldn’t miss him so badly…

Slowly with his cane, feeling under his shoes familiar inequalities of the ground, he started walking toward only house that matter the most to him. He felt his heart starting to run faster.

It’s not like he is expecting something to happen.

Nothing ever happens. But…

It’s already been two months. Unconsciously he’s slower his steps as he is passing by the window he used to knock on mercifully when he was younger. He listen closely as he knows it’s always open letting music from the radio happily spread around. And he smells the fresh paint and cigarettes like Mino would be standing near it. Or it’s just his imagination.

For a moment he hopes his legs would froze on spot. If he would stop walking, he could knock on that window and call his name. Ask him if he is already awake or if he’s eating breakfast. Only then he could nag he will be late and he will miss his bus. Perhaps then he would be able to tell him he is free this afternoon…

and any afternoon…

and that he could take his hand if he wants to like he used to…

If he still wants too…

But nothing happens… he passes by…

And he feels darkness like a model covers itself with deeper and colder shade of black. And he starts counting his steps measuring the distance of silence between them.

 

 

 

 

***

 

I should’ve said it all when I was close to you
Like I was supposed to do

I should’ve said it all when I was close to you
Like I was supposed to do

 

 

 

 

Two months before

Seungyoon slowly navigated through Mino’s room as he got to know it as well as his own. One of few places he didn’t need his cane to show him way. One of few instances he could use his cane to hit sleepy head snorting on the bed.

“Hey, wake up sleepy head, time to get out of bee…ddd.” Seungyoon was interrupted by mix of hands that pulled him down causing him to fall on bed. “Aish, just pull yourself together, won’t you? It’s your first day training in yg. You can’t be late.” He nagged trying so hard not to be affected by the closeness. They are friends, right. Best friends. It's normal for friends to hug and to enjoy it. Like really normal. Like real friends.

“Yes, mum.” Mino surrender, but only to make himself more comfortable while hugging Seungyoon like a bear.

“You won’t let me go, won’t you?” Seungyoon gave up on trying to escape this grip and to be perfectly honest with himself he wasn’t that much trying in the first place. He relaxed his body letting the moment to last longer.

Seungyoon liked Mino’s room. It was full of things, never really clean, surrounded by the smell of paint, cologne and cigarettes he was hiding from his mum. He let his free hand wonder on the sheets covering bed – soft, delicate… His hand stopped on what seemed to be box. He shook his head having just another example of how messy Mino’s room was, to the point it was now reaching his bed as well.

“What’s that?” He asked without much mercy placing object on Mino’s face.

“Hmm?” He heard Mino’s sigh as he was trying to open up his eyes. “A gift…” His head fallen again on Seunyoon’s chest.

“It's not your birthday? Who would send you a gift in January?” He wondered out loud playing with the box in his hands. It’s texture delicate, smooth.

“Because it’s not for me.” Mino mumbled tickling Seungyoon’s chest through his shirt with his mouth movements and Seungyoon found a wave of hotness resolving under his belt.

In times like this he wanted to tattoo word “friends” on every inch of his heart as it was obviously blind to all red lights he tried to give it.

“So is it for me?” Seungyoon asked trying to focus on anything besides Mino’s touch. Sly smile crossed his lips.

“Maybe…” Mino teased still much asleep.

“Oh no, don’t do this to me. Now I want to open it, but I can’t, because my birthdays are two days away… What is it inside?” He asked curiously fighting with himself.

“What do you want to be inside?” Mino asked with big yawn.

“Pair of new eyes.” Seungyoon answered sarcastically. Well he was still bitter at times.

“I can’t give them to you.” Seungyoon heard the sadness in Mino’s voice. He wanted to bit his tongue sometimes.

“Yeah, I just joked.” He brushed off the topic. “But what’s inside.. no wait don’t tell me!” Seungyoon turned to close Mino’s mouth.

“Okay I won’t.”  Mino promised with the smile spreading under Seungyoon’s palms. “In two days it will be your eighteen birthday.” He suddenly changed into more serious tone.

“Yeah. Getting older aren’t we?” Seungyoon tried to joke.

“I mean, you know what comes with it…” Mino scratched his arm awkwardly trying to cover his excitement. “Red string and stuff…”

Seungyoon went silent for a longer moment. How he could have forgotten about it? Perhaps because he didn’t need it? They were always together with Mino. As friends from like forever they were good. More than enough. Red string…

“It’s just a myth.” Eventually he just shrugged his arms.

“I see mine.” To Seungyoon’s surprise Mino suddenly confessed with low, serious voice.

“You never told me you have one…” Seungyoon not finished as his heart was racing so fast. Well he wasn’t taking this into consideration.

“I forgot.” Mino just said casually spreading his arms on pillows preparing to get up.

“You can’t simply forgot something like this!” Seungyoon punched Mino on the arm sitting on the bed.

“Let’s talk about it later.” Mino ruffled his hair playfully. “Now what time is it? Oh my god I’m SO DEAD!”

He jumped out of bed leaving Seungyoon with all the mess of sheets and his heart.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"Never leave me broken hearted
Baby I’m not strong enough
Don’t ever please don’t ever, ever let me go"

 

 

 

 

Present time

It was already late at night when Mino finally get out the bus. He was tired, but somehow he wasn’t feeling like walking straight home. He practiced well all day in yg, he was getting closer to his debut.

Slow steps. Only slow, but steady  steps.

He smiled on this thought as it was bringing him that familiar voice in his head. The echoes of their conversations, sometimes just like this one memory, were coming back to him out of nowhere.

He looked around as he realized he stopped on his tracks. Without thinking he came to the familiar playground. He sat on the swing too small for him now, but he didn’t care much. Around him wind was chasing his and Seungyoon's loud laughs from time they were still kids.

He looked at his watch - 3 minutes to midnight. In three minutes his 19th Birthday will start.  He took off the lighter from the pocket of his jacket. Well at least it can be a cheap imitation of the candle. What he should wish himself for?

He knew.

Seungyoon.

With his eyes closed he blew fire away.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Seungyoon laid down on the grass in the garden behind his house. He liked this place so much, or maybe he liked the times he spent here with Mino as they were kids. As he spread his hand so he could filled curved inscription on his cane that was now his best friend when it came to move in the outside world.

“Slow steps”

He found those words soothing. He found them helping as he was getting to know world covered in the darkness. As it was yesterday he could easily recall the first day he left his room after the accident.

***

“Just leave me alone!” Seungyoon shouted from under the sheets. He was laying on the bed that was now his only safe place. If it would up to him, he would never leave it again. He was over. He was blind. It was his best choice to just fall apart right there. However it was not the case for that one stubborn person.

“Yeah, yeah, I think I heard it yesterday?”  Mino acted like he was wondering, scratching his jaw. “And day before, and before, and for like three months now. You can’t just lay there all the time.”

“I can and I want to! Just go away!” Why can’t he just leave him alone?  Why can’t it all just disappear like a bad dream?

“Yeah, I could, but you know we’re kind of friends and this is not what friends do.” Mino came closer to his bed.

“Oh god just get out!” Seungyoon throw pillow in his – he hoped – direction.

“In advance know that I’m sorry” Mino warned him. “But It can’t be helped…”

“What?? HEY!!” He felt the blankets were taken away from him and moment later heard window opening.

“Now that’s fresh air.” Mino said pleased with his actions.

“Satisfied! Now off!” Seungyoon kicked in the air. He wanted to disappear, he wanted to be just left there… It was all over… Everything was dark…

“Not quite.” Mino smirked and quickly grabbed Seungyoon from the bed.

“Hey, put me down, put me down!” Seungyoon tried to escape Mino’s firm grip, but he was as successful as  sand against the stone.

“Remember when I said I’m sorry?” Mino asked and something in his tone alarmed Seungyoon.”Actually I’m not.”

And he loosen his hold.

Seungyoon landed on the ground with curses swallowing air around him.

“You, crazy bastard!” He shouted trying to get up from the grass.

“And you’re out of your room.” Mino announced triumphantly jumping from the window to land next to Seungyoon.

And with the realization sinking in, Seungyoon suddenly silenced as the fear crept in. He was out. And all he knew was darkness. His legs started shaking, he covered his face with arms guarding himself from the world.

“Take me to my room.” He asked in tiny voice spreading his arm in hope to touch the wall.

“You’re scared?” Mino asked quietly catching both of  Seungyoon’s hands.

“I’m terrified. Now lead me to my room.” He begged clinging to his hands as they were the only certain points.

“Do you trust me?”

For Seungyoon it was a silly question. He nodded quickly.  Slowly following Mino’s lead he was taking next steps.

“Wait, where are you taking me?” He tried to stop them from moving as they were getting more and more into the garden.

“Five, six…” That was all the answer he got.

“What are you counting?” Suengyoon asked half curiously half annoyed, wholly frightened.

“Your steps… Nine, ten…” Mino kept walking as it was the most natural thing to do.

‘Why? Where are we going? I don’t like it! Let’s go inside.” Seungyoon tried yet again to rebel against those warm hands, but they didn’t seem to be letting him go any time soon.

“Fifteen. And were are at the fence. Feel it. Now one, two, three – au! Well, here’s the big tree.” Mino stated with big satisfied grin.

“I want to go back.” Seungyoon mumbled under his nose. “Just let go of me!” He whined and to his horror Mino let go of his hands. “Wait…” Seungyoon tried to reach them, but all he was catching was just air.

“And now you’re counting steps to me.” Mino shouted from some distance.

“I don’t know how.” Seungyoon shouted back feeling lost and frustrated. He can’t see, how can he supposed to find anything? To move in this darkness, he can’t possibly do it….

“Best start with one.” Mino prompted with smirk.

“You think you’re funny?!” Seungyoon punched the air in front of him.

“I know I am.” Mino teased spreading his arms open. “Come to my arms baby.”

“I will punch you in the face.” Seungyoon warned, but slowly took first step in the direction he hoped was right. One, two, three… he bumped into someone.

“You’re here.” Mino hugged Seungyoon tightly. “You came to me on your own.” He said warmly.

“I did.” Seungyoon agreed snuggling into Mino’s arms. “But I want to go to my room now.” He asked again.

“Just promise me we will do it tomorrow too.”

Seungyoon nodded in response holding tightly on Mino’s hands. They were his guide for so many days to come. From this garden to their street, to bus, to school…

***

Seungyoon sighed while getting up from the ground. There was one thing he needed to do. Something he needed to repair.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Two months ago - Seungyoon’s birthday

As Seungyoon’s 18th birthday approached Mino felt this particular excitement only people in love can feel – that mixture of fear and courage. When he first saw the red string appearing on his wrist – it was like a scene from the movie, like magic. His world stopped and shined in the most beautiful shade of red he ever witnessed. He stared at tiny thread that  was slowly surrounding his wrist to then crossed the room, going further away.

He followed it quickly not wanting to miss the moment when it will reach his soulmate.  He crossed the street with his heart running fast as he was getting closer to the house he knew so well. But it didn’t lead him into the house, but the garden sleeping under the cover of the stars. Only quite sounds breaking the sweet silent lullalby of the night.

String was pulsing so intensively he was afraid whole neighborhood will see only to remind himself he’s the only one that sees it. And it was shining brightly surrounding the boy so immersed in playing guitar he didn’t even noticed his presence. Mino recognized the sad melody. Seungyoon was still in the process of healing. In Mino’s eyes he was a little bird who was again learning how to fly in the world full of darkness.

He felt the urge to run to him, to confess, to kiss him deeply…But as the melody came to its he knew it wasn’t good time. Seungyoon needed him as a friend for now. He needed peace, not revolution of one’s feelings. He gave the boy one last look and backed away not making any sound.

From that moment he swore he will confess on Seungyoon’s birthday. When he as well will see the red string. Day by day as he was glancing at the string between them he was slowly closing distance between them, pushing friendship boundaries to a place it will only seem right to become something more.

Finally after many days Seungyoon’s birthday was here.

“So will I get my gift?” Seungyoon asked scratching his neck impatiently. Sometimes he was acting as such a kid. They were together sitting on the floor in Mino’s room.

“Still five minutes to midnight.” Mino checked the time. He was too, impatiently waiting till for midnight to come. He was excited. He was scared. He was ready.

“You know at some places in the world it’s already midnight…” Seungyoon tried negotiate as he put lots of cuteness in his voice.

“Yahh, Seungyoon, you know I can’t say no when you do this!” Mino gave up and handed him the box. He gulped watching Seungyoon unpacking it. It was all there prepared.

He planned to confess to him using his painting brushes as he put ready pieces of paper into the box and  paint words with Seungyoon’s hand. He can’t see but he will be able to read them from the movements of the brush.

It wasn’t the real gift, as he hid green gloves under his bed to give them to him later. But it was a romantic one. He wanted to observe Seungyoon’s face as he will read words “I have fallen for you.” He wanted to hold his hand while doing so.

“What’s this?” Seungyoon asked when pieces of paper fell out of the box on his lap. “ Don’t tell me you put jokes on them? I can’t read them you know I’m blind.”

“It’s a surprise. Something I wanted to tell before, but I waited for a special occasion. You will need to guess what I will paint.” Mino smiled approaching him from behind. “Wait here, I will take the brushes.”

“What words? Wishes?” Seungyoon’s guesses were interrupted by his ringing phone. “Ah it’s midnight.” He announced happily turning of the alarm.

“Do you see it?” Mino froze in his movements. It was now. That moment. Red string of fate.

“Happy birthday to you too.” Seungyoon said ironically.

“Your red string?” Mino grabbed his arm impatiently. Seungyoon shared his anticipation, but there was nothing around him. Just like always – only darkness.

“I don’t see anything.” He stated more disappointed than he thought he would feel.

“Look around!” Mino ordered him.

“I’m blind, it’s kind of hard.” Seungyoon pushed Mino’s hands away annoyed. With that kind of annoyance that was hiding hurt.

“You can’t see it?” Mino needed to confirm.

“Obviously not. “ Seungyoon crossed arms hugging his knees.

Mino felt like if he was standing on the rink full of cracks. It was just matter of time till he will fall into cold water. But he couldn’t understand how was it possible? He must have been a fool thinking red string was not depending on the sight. He thought only heart was responsible for it. But now, he only hurt Seungyoon…

“It’s just another joke on me.” Seungyoon tried to sound cheerful. “ I will never see it. Maybe it never existed in the first place. I’m just destined to be alone.”

Seungyoon bit his lip. For last few days he was trying not to think about that red string matter, not to think too much of Mino’s words. But he let himself to hope that it will lead to him. Yet he ended with another disappointment. He should have already known the outcome… Odds were never in his favor.

“You’re not alone.” Mino whispered sitting next to him.

“I won’t meet my soulmate. Maybe he never existed.” Seungyoon said bitterly.

“Don’t say that. It’s not true. I’m…” Mino stopped himself. Looking at how hurt Seungyoon was, maybe it was not the time… maybe he was just a coward…

“Don’t, Mino.” Seungyoon brushed him away. He didn’t need his pity. He wanted to be his soulmate but cruel fate  was playing him yet again. “ You are my best friend. It’s okay. Really, I didn’t wanted it anyway.” He lied.

“But don’t you want to know when my string is leading?” Mino asked with shaking voice.

“I… don’t…” Seungyoon said firmly. He didn’t want to know who was there for Mino. It was already too painful. One heartbreak at time, he promised to himself. Or maybe he was just too afraid to ask that question, to grab the last hope of happy ending…

“One day… please ask me about it.” Mino asked feeling his heart breaking. After all he couldn’t confess, he looked at his silly confession on the pieces of papers that he prepared with such care.

They were empty, as so was his heart.

They didn’t spoke more that night.

It seemed like suddenly they were sitting on to different shores looking at the same sea. Distant and alone.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Present time

Seungyoon came closer to Mino’s window. He didn’t care if his heart will break today. He needed to tell him that he wanted more. He wanted to be far more than friend, he didn’t care about the red strings or fate… He doesn't need visible proof Mino is love of his lofe, that he is the one. There won't be anyone, but Mino. He needed to confess. They already fallen apart from each other… It’s better to confess, and maybe… just maybe… Seungyoon chose to cling onto hope for this one last time.

He knocked on the window. It's now or never. 

 

Silence.

 

He knocked again and again.

 

No response.

 

He felt his heart sinking.

 

Please. He wished with all his will. Please be there. I never asked of anything, so please let him be there.

 

But nothing happen.

 

Seungyoon laughed bitterly. He was such a fool. Fate was never his friend. 

 

He knocked one last time.

Please. He whispered. I need him.

 

 

But the night was cold.

And dressed in silence.

 

 

 

“Seungyoon?”

 

Seungyoon shifted his head on familiar voice coming from behind.

“What are you doing here?” Mino asked stopping on his tracks as if it was visible wall between them.

“It’s your birthday today. I have a surprise for you.” Seungyoon took a step closer. “I wanted to tell you something long time ago, but I figured it’s better saved for the occasion. But before… can I ask you one question?”

He took a deep breath and with shaking voice asked.” Where is it leading? Your red string to whom it’s leading?”

He felt the warm wave as Mino closed the distance between them. As the wall they were so afraid of for last months was nothing more than smoke. Mino put Seungyoon palms on his cheeks letting them frame his face.

“Don’t you know Seungyoon?” Mino asked him back with breaking voice. He leaned his face on Seungyoon’s palms as he wanted to hide in them. “Don’t you really know?” He repeated resting his forehead on Seungyoon’s. “Can’t you feel it?” He squeezed tighter their hands.

“Good.” Seungyoon’s whispered gently caressing his cheeks. Their lips were only breaths apart. “I didn’t realize it soon enough how much I wanted to tell you…” He took deep breath. “I have fallen…” He couldn’t finish as Mino’s lips crushed on his in passionate kiss. 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

One of many mornings

“Oh It’s our brave Jinwoo again? What news do you have to our listeners…

…I found him. He’s so handsome, my Taehyun. We’re just starting to know each other’s. But I want to tell anyone. Don’t wait… pursue the one you love… don’t wait…”

Mino smiled hearing it. He quickly put hoodie on and packed his bag seeing familiar figure getting closer to his window. He was no longer waiting. He run to the doors.

“You’re late!” Seungyoon nagged at him before he even caught up to him. He was standing with his cane smiling brightly.

“Nice to see you too.” Mino joked tangling their hands as he came closer. “Ready to go?”

“Without morning kiss?” Seungyoon pouted cutely causing Mino’s heart to jump the yard.

“We do morning kisses now?” He teased leaning closer.

“Many, many kisses.” Seungyoon whispered between sweet small pecks.

And for a second their world exploded into red.

 

 

THE END