Final

A Day of Taehyung's Jokes

Jeon Jungkook loves Kim Taehyung to death. He really does. From that bright boxy grin to perfectly messy brown hair (only Taehyung in Jungkook’s eyes can pull it off) to those long, slender fingers Taehyung would the chocolate off of (while staring at Jungkook directly) to the deep chuckles (that send shivers down the ravenette’s spine)-anything that is Kim Taehyung; the epitome of perfection that is Tae from head to toe (in Jungkook’s world).

But sometimes, Jungkook questions himself, wavering in between wanting to stuff his face into his pillow and scream out his frustration or punching the ball of sunshine’s flawless face, knocking him out cold (and stare till he wakes up).

It’s a beautiful day-the sun is out, the sky is blue, the birds are chirping-and Jungkook is having a great day so far (after sleeping in till eleven in the morning, which is right now). Jin had dragged Namjoon out to shop for groceries and other supplies; Yoongi and Jimin are at the dance studio (no one wants to dwell on the details); Hoseok is out doing god-knows-what.

Jungkook remembers hazily a heavy body topped with brown jumping up and down on the bed at ing seven in the morning. He vaguely recalls the words “shut up”, “five more minutes”, and “I will” before proceeding to turn over and fall asleep when the door slams shut. That was four hours ago, four very, very quiet (and really, really suspicious) hours. Kim Taehyung is never EVER this silent, even while playing hide and seek.

Jungkook groans and rolls off the bed into a pile of clothes on the floor. The maknae is immediately surrounded by Taehyung’s strawberry scent. He stays still for a couple moments, inhaling the intoxicating smell.

(“Whipped,” Hoseok snickers quietly backstage.

“Already like this before dating. This is going to be fun,” Jimin replies with a creepy eye-smile.)

Jungkook clumsily pulls himself onto two feet and tosses on a random sweater lying around. The bathroom is unoccupied, so he heads in to get cleaned up and make himself presentable for Taehyung.

The kitchen is also empty when Jungkook goes in to drink milk (not out from the carton-Jin would castrate him) and the living room, too. Lost and confused, the ravenette sets out in the vast and unknown dorm for his secret crush (it’s honestly not a secret to everyone else, but what you don’t know can’t hurt you).

With his hands on his knees, huffing and puffing, the maknae eventually gives up with an obvious pout on his plump lips. Was Taehyung really that angry that Jungkook woke up four hours later than promised? Jungkook starts to contemplate ways to make up with his secret crush as he miserably stands in the living room.

“Kookie! Kookie! Do you-oomph!” Taehyung appears right in front of Jungkook’s face, brown eyes round and full of excitement, their noses almost touching. The ravenette’s hair contrasts with the suddenly pale face and Jungkook gives a manly shout while shoving Taehyung away. Taehyung yelps when his hits the ground while Jungkook curses when he bangs his head on the wall that is now behind him with an audible smack.

Taehyung nurses his bruised cheek. “, Kook. Was that necessary?” Jungkook is rubbing his poor head (it really can’t take any more damage) and slides down the wall so they were face level, in pain.

“You-” the other victim manages out in between painful gasps, “-I think you scared thirty years out of me. I’M TOO YOUNG TO DIE. PLEASE TAKE JIN FIRST, OH DEAR GRIM REAPER!”

Taehyung can only stare.

Jungkook stares back.

“Pretend I never said that,” the maknae mutters. “You were saying…?”

Taehyung gives his signature blank face as he rolls the other’s question around his head, not quite understanding until, “Oh! I was just wondering if you wanted to hear a joke.”

“All this ing pain for a joke,” Jungkook swears under his breath. “Shoot away. Maybe it will take my mind off this ass pain you caused.”

The brunette’s eyebrows scrunch up in concern. “Are you okay Kookie? There is less fat in the head than a . OH MY GOD! WHAT IF YOU HAVE INTERNAL BLEEDING?! DON’T PANIC, I’LL CALL THE AMBULANCE! YOU WILL NOT DIE ON ME!” Pillows and other unnamable things are thrown up in the air as the older attempts to find a phone (his own is somewhere and Jungkook’s cracked one is a ) by flipping the whole dorm upside down.

The maknae winces at the raised volume and developing chaos, “Calm down, Tae. I’m fine. Just help me up and get an ice pack.” Taehyung drops his frantic search for a phone and gingerly helps Jungkook to a nearby couch and sets him down. Once he settles Jungkook in a comfortable sea of pillows, he races to the kitchen, knocking things out of his path and leaving a pitiful mess of a Kookie.

“!” Jungkook screams as bare coldness touches his throbbing head. (Jin would have a heart attack if he heard all the profanities going around so far today.) “Get a towel or something to wrap around the ice pack, Taetae. Please. It’s too cold.”

“I’m so sorry, Jungkookie. I’ll be right back. I PROMISE!” Taehyung yells as he scrambles to somewhere else in the dorm.

He’s back in under a minute with a small towel wrapped once around the freezing ice pack and gently presses it against the raven locks. “Better?”

Jungkook sighs in contentment. “Much better.” His eyelids shut.

The relentless throbbing is almost gone when the ball of sunshine pipes up. “Soooo, you wanna hear a joke?”

The maknae lets out a, “Mmmm.”

Taehyung takes that as a yes and launches his first awful joke of the day. “Why did the chicken cross the road?”

Opening his eyes to look at the other incredulously, Jungkook asks, “Really, hyung? This joke?”

“Just answer, Jungkookie.”

“To get the other side, duh.”

“Nope!”

“What?! That is! Have you not heard it?”

“Yes, and you’re incorrect. Keep guessing~”

“Ugh, then…it wanted to avoid getting eaten?”

“No~”

“Avoid getting fried and eaten?”

“Are you hungry, Kookie? And nope.”

“Of course I am. I skipped breakfast. Just tell me the answer. I’m going to order chicken.”

“Awww, you’re no fun. Fine, I’ll tell you, but order for me, too. Thinking up these jokes take a lot out of me,” Taehyung dramatically collapses next to Jungkook on the couch. The other male winces when the couch moved under the newly added weight. “The answer is… IT WAS TOO CHICKEN TO EVEN CROSS THE ROAD. HAHAHAHA~” Taehyung claps like a trained walrus, an uncontrollable, high-pitched laugh (that can rival Jimin’s) filling the air.

 

A ravenette just gives an unamused look and dials the number of that chicken place Jimin suggested. (It better be better than Taehyung’s joke, Jungkook thinks, or I’ll add a generous amount of vinegar in their next ramen.)

-----

Thirty minutes, two buckets of chicken, four cans of soda, and twenty horrible jokes later, Jungkook has this annoying (and terrifyingly adorable) puppy trailing after him as he goes around the dorm, collecting all the dirty clothes.

“Kookie~” Taehyung whines, nudging the younger’s shoulder with his toe as he sits on top of the dryer.

The irritated bunny (irritated at his own weak will that is unable to duct-tape the offensive male’s lips) heaves a heavy sigh from where he is crouching and throwing the laundry in the washer. “Taehyung-hyung, can you wait till all of them get home and tell them?”

The brunette shakes his head quickly and pouts cutely, “But I like you more, Kookie~”

Taehyung leaps off the dryer and swiftly clings onto Jungkook’s back like a koala. The maknae gasps at the abrupt close proximity and tries to contain the redness threatening to crawl up his neck and paint the tips of his ears. (He knows Taehyung is touchy with everyone, but as Hoseok said, he’s whipped.)

“Hoseok and Jimin will enjoy your jokes more,” Jungkook protests.

Taehyung stands up and crosses his arms, “You don’t like my jokes?”

Jungkook wrinkles his nose as he picks up his own Yoongi’s underwear that has fallen out of the laundry basket. Making mental note to put his underwear in a new place, the underwear is tossed blindly into the washer by Jungkook who frantically turns to look at the crestfallen male behind him.

“Nononono, I love your jokes. It’s just that-well-Hoseok will happily swap jokes with you unlike me.”

“Hoseok isn’t even home and I want to test out my jokes. I asked Yoongi-hyung what type of tree melts yesterday and he ignored me. So I told him the answer was a chocolate tree to see if he would laugh, but he just got up from his bed and pushed me out of his room and slammed the door. He didn’t even look up from his phone even ONCE to look at me. What if I am as obsessed with my phone as Yoongi-hyung is?! Maybe it is good I can’t find my phone today. But what if someone needs my help and can’t reach me? What if Jimin needs me to bail him out from his date because Yoongi is being too grouchy? What if-”

Taehyung’s monologue (which had been climbing in pitch) is cut off by the slamming of the washer’s door. His eyes widen as Jungkook’s stands up to face him, eyes dark and unreadable. The older takes a step backwards, Jungkook stepping forwards to match every step, until he hits the wall. Jungkook’s hand hits the wall next to Taehyung’s face. Taehyung’s heart skips a beat then continues to pound erratically in his chest. (He is totally sure the maknae can hear his heartbeat and is smirking inside in smug victory.) Time seems to stand still for the two, Taehyung effectively trapped by Jungkook, their quick breaths mixing as Jungkook leans in closer.

“Shut up,” Jungkook breathes. Taehyung is about to retort, but protests are muffles as his mouth is covered by another. Brown eyes widen even more comically at the sudden contact of soft, plump lips. Those same eyes slide shut, delicate fingers reaching up to tangle themselves in silky, raven locks.

It’s everything Taehyung imagined. (Yes, Taehyung did dream of this kiss many uncountable times.

“Why are you your lips again? Coordi-noona is going to be pissed again,” Jimin whispers.

“No reason,” Taehyung avoids eye contact.)

Everything and more. Their lips fit perfectly, mouths moving in sync, heads tilted for a more comfortable position. Jungkook’s hands are now placed on Taehyung’s slim waist, pushing Taehyung against the wall and their bodies flushed together.

Taehyung lets out a small gasp when he feel Jungkook’s tongue swipe his chapped bottom lip. The older whines at the loss of contact after Jungkook unexpectedly pulls back.

 

The ravenette smirks at Taehyung’s disheveled state proudly. “Your jokes . Sorry, hyung!” Taehyung can only stare after Jungkook’s retreating form.

-----

Jungkook (with a dopey grin that he can’t get rid of-he tried, really) is in a dilemma. With a hand on the handle, his other hand is currently digging through the fridge. Crouching down to search the lower level, Jungkook cannot find his favorite snack. He’s positive that he put it in the fridge last night.

All of a sudden, an extra weight jumps on his back once again, this time succeeding in tipping the both of them backwards.

When the dust clears, Taehyung and Jungkook are face to face with a detached refrigerator handle. Jin will be so pissed once he finds out his dear kitchen has a new scar.

 

“So…does this make us boyfriends in crime?” Taehyung hesitantly asks.

-----

­­­­Kim Seokjin smiles knowingly at the sight of the band’s two youngest members cuddling on the living room couch. Kim Namjoon trails carefully after him into the dorm, arms full of bags.

“Place the bags in the kitchen, Joonie, thank you. Now boys, how was today so far for you two?” Jin questions like the mother he is.

“Great,” the younger males chorus. Taehyung leans in to softly peck Jungkook’s lips. Jin is about to comment when multiple crashes and bangs resonate from the kitchen. The eldest rushes there to inspect the damage.

“OH MY GOD! WHAT HAPPENED HERE, KIM NAMJOON? HOW DID YOU EVEN MANAGE TO BREAK THE REFRIDGERATOR HANDLE?! MY POOR POOR KITCHEN!” Jin’s scolding and wailing echoes throughout the dorm (the neighbors complain the next day).

 

The new couple is hiding out in the bomb shelter, clinging tightly to each other while cackling in the midst of praying.