Chapter 1

Virtual Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 1[/CONTENTID1] [CONTENTID2]

'Ping!'

The ping-sound of a message arriving at Kyuhyun's phone still echoed through the room as Kyuhyun dashed from out of his ensuite bathroom towards his desk, his toothbrush still in his mouth. He tripped over multiple haphazardly thrown away pieces of clothing on the floor, but he didn't really mind - he needed to check his messages asap.

'Good morning to you too,' the message simply read and Kyuhyun couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. A mere 15 minutes ago, Kyuhyun had woken up from the annoying sound of an alarm clock ringing and had instantly grabbed his phone to send the other a simple 'good morning' message. It would probably seem extremely idiotic to others, but for Kyuhyun, saying good morning to a complete stranger by a whatsapp message had been his daily routine for the past 2 years. And it couldn't make him any happier.

They had met online in a chatroom named '#EscapingReality'. After a really hard day, which had left Kyuhyun quite depressed, he had opened his computer and looked for a way to escape his reality. Google didn't really offer him many sane solutions, but the chatroom popping up as result 17 had seemed worthy of a shot.

In the start, he had felt very out of place. He wasn't the only person in the chatroom, and he clearly wasn't the most depressed one. Some people complained about their daily lives and Kyuhyun suddenly felt like he shouldn't be there. His problems were far from as bad as theirs. But a user by the name 'Yesung,' stated as moderator of the chatroom, suddenly greeted him and many greetings were followed. They seemed nearly happy, as far as you can sense happiness in a chatroom, to see a new user and Kyuhyun reluctantly decided to stay a little while longer, to not seem rude.

He was soon dragged into the conversation and even shared his depressing feelings with the rest. Many more days at the chatroom followed, and strangely enough it really helped him appreciate his life a lot more. He got over his depression within less than 2 weeks and one day decided that he no longer needed the chatroom. He had shared some intimate details, had learned many intimate details from others, but it was time to move on.

He had completely forgotten about the entire thing, until one day he had gotten an email from one of the moderators of said chatroom. It was Yesung who apparently got a little worried because he  had suddenly disa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter