Two Weeks To Forever

Two Weeks To Forever

 

 

two weeks to forever
-haebaragi

 

Two weeks into their marriage and the whole kpop world is still in disarray.

It came as a big surprise to everyone: the company, s, her members. The fans weren’t surprised though. ‘Surprise’ is an understatement.

They were d.e.v.a.s.t.a.t.e.d.

 

[BREAKING NEWS]
Super Junior Donghae and SNSD Jessica
CONFIRMED TO BE MARRIED!

 

 

Donghae just laughs at the Entertainment section of the newspaper he reads.

“Hey Sica,” he catches her hand which seemed out of place when not in his. “Isn’t this funny?”

Jessica looks at him with her straight face, “What’s funny?” she asks in English.

“We…” he smiles shyly at her but manages to reply in the same tongue. “We are funny.”

Funny, Jessica thinks, is the perfect word to describe the two of them: how a girl of straight face from the West became friends with a boy of the sea who a dream he shared with his father—met; how they chased their dreams together, as each one’s specials, but too young to realize what it felt; how they made it and failed, fought and loved; how they still cared while watching behind the stage and trying not to; how they ended up getting married in a spontaneous exchange of will you marry me and I will, their hearts rejoicing as it found home, their lives fulfilled as it is complete.

They were funny. “Yeah, we are.”

 

Today they sit on Strong Heart to tell the fairytale of a Fishy Prince who married an Ice Princess. Jessica tells him it’s not going to be as happy as he makes out.

“Little girls cried, Hae,” she says when he takes the broadsheet from her. “And they called me a witch.”

Donghae saw the small pout that formed in her lips, and he couldn’t be more excited to tell the world how much he loves his wife (still a bit awkward to say, but he’ll get used to it).

“Then we’re even. Your fans called me a slug.”

“Why would you want to broadcast this, anyway? This is ours.”

Donghae stretches his arms and fold it, encapsulating her in his embrace. “We are theirs too. They have the right to know.”

And then she tells him people will hate them.

He only tells her he doesn’t care and kisses her cheeks.

 

 

The program starts off and eventually, the spotlights are on them.

“Donghae, Jessica, are you really married now?” is of course, what Lee Seunggi asks first.

Donghae takes a peak at his wife and sees Jessica’s discomfort. If only the chairs weren’t spaced so much, he would have held her hand. And maybe, it could answer all questions.

He takes a deep breath and smiles warmly (the kind that made fans say they’ve never seen oppa smile that happily before after watching the show). “Yes—”

“—we are.” They say in unison. Donghae was a bit surprised. Jessica was being honest (finally).

Everyone in the studio was taken aback. Leeteuk is contemplating when to announce his relationship with Taeyeon; Shindong remembers the relief when he admitted his engagement and Hyukjae’s gums are showing, thinking everything is stupid as this should have happened a long time ago.

“So how did it happen?”

It was thrilling—the idea of getting married on the spot. There was a golden anniversary celebration of a mentor they had in SM but not everyone in Super Junior or Girl’s Generation could come. The venue was in Jeju and most of them had schedules so they decided to give one representative each.

“Actually,” Leeteuk laughs in between sentences. “It was a trick.” At this, Donghae exerts effort to elongate his neck to see his hyung. Jessica just raised her eyebrow.

“Yeah, it was actually to get them back together. You know, Donghae has always been complaining to us that Sica is going out with (Eunhyuk looks at Donghae teasingly) …well we all know who the guy is.” The studio bursts out laughing. He continues, “so Teukie-hyung… ah, Super Junior and SNSD planned to send them together.”

“But in the end, we were the one tricked!” Shindong quickly adds, “We didn’t plan them to get married!!!” he raises his hands in mock surrender with the caption: Sorry fans!

So the story went on until Seunggi pops out the question, “What made you do it? Donghae, you first,” he gestures at the husband.

“Well, I love her.” Jessica looks up, pretending not to listen, and blushes. “And when we were there, we had the chance to talk again without worrying whether we’ll be headlines the next morning. We talked as Donghae and Sooyeon. When the bride was walking down the aisle, I keep imagining I was the one waiting at the other end. The bride… my bride has Sica’s face. I keep seeing Jessica’s face. I realized I don’t want her to be with any other guy, so I texted her when we were back in our hotel: do you want to see the beach? I was really nervous because Sica sleeps easily (Jessica acts to punch him but he just takes her hand) so I might not get a reply. But three seconds later, she said sure. We went there and after some stuttering and sidetracking, I don’t know how to start with the topic, really. But then, I was able to ask her.”

Donghae beams proudly, squishing Jessica’s hand and the audience were all awed at his narration.

“Wah,” Seunggi exhales. “You realized her importance while imagining your own wedding with Jessica? Now, Jessica, why did you agree?”

“Aigoo. I couldn’t possibly say it… I didn’t even know that story!” she fans herself as her face turn a bit more red.

“Sica! Don’t believe everything he says!” Hyukjae snickers at the back making the studio laugh.

“I don’t have a story like his but when he asked me, all I could think off was ‘Yes!’ (she says in English) ‘Say yes!’” The studio plays SNSD’s Say Yes. “I said yes. We laughed and we hugged. I told him saranghae and he said he loves me too.” Jessica now fully looks at her husband. Donghae is now the one with a blush. “And then we went back to the church and asked to be married. It wasn’t really a marriage because we didn’t have any witnesses. We were just asked to be blessed. When we came here he bought me a ring,” the camera zooms into their entwined hands.

“Are you going to marry formally soon?”

“Maybe next year,” Jessica answers. Donghae adds, “We’re still in the planning stage. I want everything to be just like in her dream wedding.”

Strong Heart’s host, the other guest stars, the audience and even the staff gave them applause. Seunggi gave a moment for them to send messages to each other, but Donghae and Jessica agrees this spot should be offered to their fans. Donghae apologizes for being a bad oppa, “ELF, this babo oppa is sorry. I will always be yours as you will always be mine, nothing will ever change, in that way, you’ll love oppa’s love too, wouldn’t you?”

Jessica, unexpectedly, introduces her husband to the SONEs, “Annyeong Sone! This is my husband. I know it has been unfair of me to do this but I love this man very much and I will be very thankful if you support us together. I love you, Sone.”

The road will never be easy, Jessica and Donghae knows. But they’ve only started this fairytale and they’ve got two weeks into their forever to make this story a happy ever after. 

 


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ICEFISHIES!! This has been overly delusional of me, but can't help it. kekeke Let's just keep this as a wish for 2012, shall we? :)