CHAPTER ONE – WHO’S WHO

Coalesce
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is the last year of college. Things happened unexpectedly for the past three years. Tears, happiness, joy, sadness—all came like a wind, mixed up and gone the next second. The five of them have become closer than anyone could imagine.

Do you mind to know their stories?

 

Spring 2013. The bloody cold winter has gone, the flowers start to bloom, and the world became a very beautiful place.

Except for these five people.

 

“WHERE IS MY ULTRA SLIM JEANS?!” That’s Kunpimook Bhuwakul or what everyone calls as Bambam. He always freaks out at the smallest things. Originally came from Thailand, he moved to Seoul two years ago and lives with his aunt and uncle who immigrated to Korea in the early 2000’s. Bambam practically spent his last two years of high school in Korea, so he knows Korean very well. But as a foreigner, he must have had a hard time communicating in Korean, right? Nope, it never happened to him.

He’s so thin, to the point you can see his ribs embossed in his skin whenever he took off his shirt. The legs are also very thin, making every girl who has seen it become very jealous. “If only I had legs like him,” The girls on the street would whisper to her friends.  Oh and Bambam knows everything that’s hot on the internet. Harlem Shake, twerk—you name it—he knows them all very well.

His biggest hobby is shopping, and it’s not always clothes. He loves to collect everything bizarre from Indian hat to Chinese lantern. One time he got scolded by her aunt for buying useless things, he talked back by saying, “If the world ends tomorrow, I won’t be able to buy these!” And when it comes to fashion, Bambam also has a very unique taste. Satin shirt, ultra slim jeans, and oxford shoes with a little extra platform to make him look taller—that’s what he’s been wearing ever since he graduated from high school. “This is fashion, baby.” He would say that every time his friends say, “You look gay.”

Being accepted to the psychology major at the Sungkyungkwan University sort of affects him a little bit. Bambam has set his mindset to look great every single day. “I have to put an effort in dressing myself. Who knows—a pretty girl may want to seduce me.”

Nothing and no one can stop him. Just let him be.

 

Boxes of tissues are everywhere in her room. It’s more like a room for used tissues than a room for a high school graduated girl. Dramas on TV are the main culprits of the tissues existence in the room of Kang Seulgi. Seulgi has an older brother who is currently in the army right now, so she basically owns the whole house. Not to mention her parents are off to work every single day so she’s there all alone everyday—freedom is what she has. Other than her love for dramas, Kang Seulgi loves to visit museums for…inspirations. Who knows what she could be thinking?

Back to dramas, her one and only eternal actor love is Kim Soohyun. Dream High made her fell in love with him. “Soohyun oppa is so cute, I can’t stop thinking about him. Oh my god he’s so—“ She can’t stop thinking and talking about him, making her older brother goes, “Shut up, you dumb.”

 

Not a drama scene, but Wendy arrived at Incheon airport only a few days before her first day of college. She looked everywhere to the unfamiliar surroundings, thinking someone might goes “Hey, Wendy! I’ve been waiting for you here.” But no, that thing only happens on drama. Well, unless there is originally someone who wants to pick you up at the airport (obviously). “Expectation versus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter