final.

10cm Taller Than You

“Isn’t it obvious that Dong Sicheng likes you!”

“I’m not going to trust you after what happened last time”

“Then don’t” My brother and I said to each other. Just a normal, casual, convo between us that happens every morning while we wait for the Dong siblings to arrive at school.

“Qian Kai! Let’s go, class is starting soon” my brother’s crush best friend, Dong Xuanyi, called me as she ran from the gate to take me to our class. She usually walks calmly and casually with her brother, but today was different. She was running and running is something that she usually hates.

“So, what did he say?”

“I think he still likes you and I convinced him to think that you like him back”

“I thought you were supposed to do it the other way around”

“Xuanyi, it’s called reverse psychology”

“Smart one” she said. Not long after, she picked up her bag and handed me a piece of paper.

“Sicheng-ge told me to give it to you”

I opened up the paper and it revealed a handwritten letter by Sicheng-ge himself. His writing might be sloppy, but I like it.

~

To: My favorite Kai-mei

 

Kai-mei, whats up?

Remember when we were 7, we always sneak out of our own house to go to the playground? Please meet me in the playground that we used to hang out together after school!

 

From: Your favorite Sicheng-ge

~

Aw, this is cute. It reminds me of our childhood together. School passed by real quick today, which means I could go meet Sicheng-ge quickly. I bid farewell to my teachers and Xuanyi and automatically ran to our old playground.

“Hey Qian Kai! Over here!” I heard him say while he was hanging from the monkey bars.

“Hey, Sicheng-ge. What do you want to say to me?”

“I just want you to remember our childhood. Don’t you remember when we were 7, you told me that once I get taller than you, I can date you? Well now that I’m over 10cm taller than you, would you be my girlfriend?”

“Sicheng-ge, I-“

“You promised”

“I’d love to!”

“Great, today will be Day 1!”