Before The Performance

The Real Meaning Behind the Maknae Special Stage at The Gayo Daejun

Hey guys, sorry for late update but you see I kinda had a lot of work and projects since I'm now in High School (Australia) or what some of you would say, Middle School... So yeah......

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sincerely apologise for my really, extremely late update!

*Bows more than 90 degrees...*

Oh and "...." this mean the person is talking and *.....* this mean it's the person's thoughts......

So yeah..... here's the story

I know i but please endure it, Enjoy! =]

No One's POV

<:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~

It was the first day of training for the maknaes, and 31 days to the performance.

The maknaes that was chosen to perform were Sulli of f(x), Taemin of SHINee, SeoHyun of SNSD, ChanSung of 2PM, Lizzy of After School, Mir of MBLAQ and JiYoung of KARA.

As the maknaes socialised, the staffs were choosing 4 of them for the couple parts... Unknowingly, the 4 that were going to get chosen got quite close already...

When the staffs and dance instructors came into the practise room, the maknaes bowed in respect and then they started to discuss the parts, moves, etc.

Shiyeon (staff) : "So now that you know the dance instructors and each other, I'll tell you your roles."

Seohoon (staff) : "Before we tell you your roles, the theme would be a circus style and we'll be using the song 'Circus' by Britney Spears."

Shiyeon : "So, TaeMin-ssi, you'll be dancing alone as the first dancer but at the end, JiYoung-ssi and SeoHyun-ssi will pose with you, got that?"

TaeMin : "Yes Namjoo-ssi"

Shiyeon : "That goes for you too, JiYoung-ssi and SeoHyun-ssi"

JiYoung & SeoHyun : "Yes Namjoo-ssi"

Shiyeon : "Then, Sulli and ChanSung will be dancing together, so will be Lizzy and Mir."

Sulli, ChanSung, Lizzy & Mir : "Yes Namjoo-ssi"

Seohoon : "Now, start your dance practise."

With that. they went to learn and practise their dance routines. Throughout the month's practise, the couples got awfully close.

 

<:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~

1 Week till the Performance....

ChanSung and Sulli were the last ones left in the 2PM practise room as 4 hours before....

 

4 Hours Earlier....

Sulli and ChanSung were the last ones left in the practice room which was used for all the maknaes participating in the performance. But since it was only 5 in the evening, they decided to practice more so they won't make any mistakes during the real performance....

ChanSung : "Sulli-ah, do you want to come to our practice room to practice the routine? I mean, this place is quite far from your dorm and like......."

Sulli : "Sure, I'll just call my manager and tell him about it." 

While Sulli was talking on the phone, all ChanSung saw was light radiating from her back. Without another thought, he just back-hugged her. Sulli was surprised, really surprised......

Sulli : "Oppa, what are you doing?!"

ChanSung : "Sulli-ah, just let me stay like this for a moment...."

Sulli : "Oppa, andwae. What if someone see us? What about the fans? What....."

ChanSung : "Sulli-ah, we're the only ones here. Just let me be like this, please......"

Sulli : "Oppa......"

ChanSung : "Sulli-ah, if one day, your company allows, let's hold a conference and tell everyone about our relationship..."

Sulli : "Oppa, you know the company doesn't let. That is unless I quit. Plus, I don't want you to suffer from the fans criticism and attacks. I want you to be safe."

 

 

Now....

ChanSung and Sulli was now in disguises walking towards the f(x) dorm....

ChanSung : "So, are you cold?"

Sulli : "No, not really."

With that their conversation then turned into an awkward yet comfortable silence. Until they got to the f(x) dorm......

Sulli : "So, I guess this is it for tonight....."

ChanSung : "Yeah....."

Sulli : "Well then, goodnight."

ChanSung : "Yeah... Goodnight..."

 

1 Week Before The Performance....

Seohoon : "TaeMin, your costume theme would be something like a Ring Master's. JiYoung, your one will be like an angels. ChanSung, you'll be in a white suit and a black bow while Sulli will be in a white, thigh-high dress with a white jacket, a hat and a cream-white belt. Mir, you'll be in a black suit with a silver neck accessory, while Lizzy you'll have a prepared thigh-high dress with shorts and neck accessory on the performance day. And last but not least, SeoHyun, you'll be in a golden dress with a purple ribbon which you'll take off when you land. So that's your costume themes, any questions?"

Sulli : "No Seohoon- ssi"

Lizzy : "Ah Seohoon-ssi when will we be able to see the costumes? I'm really excited!"

Seohoon : "You'll be able to see then in about 2 days, Lizzy-ah."

Shiyeon : "So no more questions right? Now get back to practicing because you guys only have 7 days left."

All Of The Maknaes : "Ne Namjoo-ssi"

 

Later That Evening.......

Mir and Lizzy were the only ones left in the shared practice room as they still couldn't get the last part of the routine right......

Mir : "Lizzy-ah, do you want to have a rest first?"

Lizzy : "............."

Mir : "Lizzy-ah?"

Lizzy : "Uh, did you say something Mir oppa?"

Mir : "Lizzy-ah, what's wrong? You've been spacing out a lot lately. Is there something bothering you? You can tell me you know. I mean, we are partners for this performance and plus we're best friends right?"

Lizzy : *Yeah..... bestfriends....... Oppa, when would you realise my feelings towards you? It hurts to see you only treating me as your little sister and bestfriend.... The one to go to when troubled or when you need advise..... Oppa, it hurts....*

Mir : "Lizzy?"

Lizzy : "Uh?"

Mir : "You aren't listening to me are you? Aigoo, stop spacing out would you."

Lizzy : "Sorry........"

Mir : "Geez, don't look so down, I was just joking.... hehe..."

After that, Lizzy just looked down to the floor. Mir, who didn't know what was wrong panicked and tried to cheer her up, but......

Mir : "Lizzy-ah, don't look so down, come on, cheer up...? You seriously can't be upset becau........."

Lizzy : "Oppa, you don't understand do you.....?"

Mir : "Huh? Of course I don't, I mean it's not like I can look into your heart or mind or something like that right....?"

Lizzy : "You seriously don't get it do you, I like you. Since the first practice, since you helped me, since we've started the routine, since..... the first time you helped me get up when I had fallen to the bottom of my hopes..... Oppa, why don't you get it? I've been showing you hints, signs, messages. Why don't you get it?"

With that, Mir was left speechless and Lizzy just started to cry. The silence then went on until.......

Mir : "I.....I'm......I'm sorry but I can't, I mean....... *Sigh* Sorry...."

With that LIzzy just stood up...

LIzzy : "I'm sorry for troubling you oppa.... Please, please just pretend that this didn't happen....."

With that, she ran out. Running with all her might to wherever her foot took her....

Mir : '*not that I don't like you. I love you.... But I can't, for your safety and future and mine.... I'm truly sorry Lizzy-ah.... I hope in the future you can get a braver guy to get married to, I'm sorry.....*

Like that, Mir also left, getting Lizzy's stuff too so he could get his manager to drop it off at her dorm...

 

6 Days to The Performance.....

There were only six days left till the final performance and the couples didn't look so well.....

During the break....

During the break, the girls went to a cafe near the practice building and went to the VIP room of which gave them all the privacy needed. The guys, well, they just ordered take away and ate in the practice room.

 

At The Cafe.....

SeoHyun : "So girls any update on news? Need any advice?"

Lizzy & Sulli : *Sigh*

JiYoung ; "What's with you two? You guys are usually the most hyper-active ones in the group..."

Sulli : "Guys, I have something to announce.... ChanSung and I are going out...."

SeoHyun, JiYoung & Lizzy : "That's GREAT NEWS!"

SeoHyun : "So what's with the sigh Sulli-ah?"

Sulli : "I think we should break up........"

JiYoung : "WHAT?!"

Sulli : "I mean, Soo Man-songsaengnim doesn't let us date, or should I say the contract. Plus, won't it be safer for the both of us? I mean, what about our fans? What about our group's fans? I don't want your love to hurt anyone, especially the ones around us..... I really don't want anything bad to happen. I mean, you all know how stubborn and persistent the paparazzi's are. I just...... *Sigh*"

SeoHyun : "I understand, but my advice for you is to 'enjoy what you have today and treat tomorrow as your last.' I mean, we idols are human beings after all. We all need love so it's normal for us to fall in love and find someone to live with for the rest of your lives. It's just the timing that's different for everyone. Others can't stop you or anyone to give up, it's you who is in charge of the options. Afterall, 'Love' is all about courage and the strength of the will of both parties. If you're not brave enough then what's the point in loving someone? If you're affraid then it'll only mean that it's a crush and not real love. Real love is when both parties are will and brave enough to be together. Well that's all the advice I have. It's your choice so choose wisely."

JiYoung : "Woah....... so detailed......"

SeoHyun : "I'm serious JiYoung. This advice is for all of you....."

JiYoung : "*Frown* Anyway, so what's with you Lizzy eonni?"

Lizzy : "*Sigh* I confessed to Mir Oppa....."

JiYoung : "THAT'S GREAT NEWS.... so why are you sighing?"

SeoHyun : "He rejected you right?"

Lizzy : "Yeah...."

JiYoung : "WHAT THE HECK?!"

Sulli : "Did he explain why?"

Lizzy : "No......"

SeoHyun : "Maybe he just cares about your future and career..."

Lizzy : "Maybe...."

JiYoung : "Okay.... let's get ourselves focused and redeemed so we can smile again. Plus our drinks are getting cold..... Anyway, we only have six days till the performance so let's, 'Aja, Aja, Hwaiting!'

SeoHyun : "Yeah, and you two should at least put on a fake smile or something. At least then the others won't get suspicious...."

And so, the girls then switched topics, cheered up and drank their drinks happily and for that moment, the two forgot about their worries and happily talked with the other two.

 

After The Break, Back At The Practice Room.......

After the incident or talk at the cafe the two girls then used the advice they got and forgot about their worries. Well, at least until after the performance. With that, the day went by and they all eventually said goodbyes at the end and went home to have some sleep.

 

5 Days Left Till Performance.........

There was only five days left, all of the Maknae were pretty nervous and throughout the day, all they did was practice, practice, and practice. Over and over again... Throughout the day, both the couples just ignored their feeling towards each other and practiced........

 

Later That Day.......

Now only both the couples were left as the other three went to their other schedules and the girls were giving silent treatment to their loved for two reasons.........

  1. Sulli's feeling of wanting to break up with ChanSung as she want's to protect themselves and the ones around them....
  2. Lizzy doesn't know how to face Mir anymore.....

​Then ChanSung couldn't take it anymore....

ChanSung : "Sulli-ah, what's wrong? Why are you so quiet? Why won't you talk to me?"

Sulli : "*Hesitat* Uh..... I'm just tired and nervous..... hehe......"

ChanSung : "Then do you want to go back to your dorm? It is quite late....."

Sulli : "I'm okay, why don't you and Mir go first? I mean Lizzy and I have something to discuss about the performance...."

ChanSung : "Bu......"

Mir : "Let's go ChanSung hyung..."

After the two guys left, the girls sighed in relief and Lizzy thanked Sulli for making the two guys leave. So as they were left behind they then had a chat and the topic then wondered off to how their costumes would look like.... But deep inside, they were just hiding their tears the scar.....

 

4 Days To The Performance...........

There were only four days left and now ALL the maknaes were nervous. Every so often, the maknaes would make mistakes during practice due to their anxiousness and they would get scolded. Throughout the day, all the members decided to gather up to make a cheer so they could relax. After that, they all went back to practice. All the maknaes made sure that during the last few days, they would cancel all their other schedules to practice and on this day, they all practiced so hard they forgot the time until SeoHyun's manager came to pick her up which was already at two in the morning.

 

3 Days To The Performance...........

This day was the day of which the girls was most excited for, well excluding the performance day. It was the day of which they get to see their costumes...

Shiyeon : "Everyone gather up! We have good news~"

All the member of the maknae group then went up to the front where the two staff members were.

Seohoon : "Today the costumes have been delivered and here it is!"

Then the girls started to squeal and they made their way up to the clothes rack which the two staff had wheeled up. All the boys did was chuckle softly at how the girls' behaviours suddenly turned into one of a 5 year old fighting for a lollipop.

Shiyeon : "Woah, girls! Wait!"

The girls then stopped admiring the clothes and started to listen to the two staffs.

Seohoon : "Okay, so we have the costumes here for everyone. Since the girls are so eager to get their costumes, we'll give it to you first. First we have SeoHyun's golden, mid-thigh dress and your black heels. The purple ribbon for the dress would be given to you on your costume rehersal in about 2 days."

Then SeoHyun went up to get the dress while saying a thankyou to the staff.

Shiyeon : " Now we have JiYoung's white, mid-thigh, tutu-like dress, with your white leggings and your white wings, and also here's your purple heels. You would also get your official ribbon which you would use in your dance routine during the dress rehearsal like SeoHyun."

With that, JiYoung just squealed and skipped to get her costume. After that, she thanked the staffs and went back to the group.

Seohoon : "Sulli-ssi, here's your thigh-high white dress, your white top hat and cream white belt. Here's your white heels as well."

Sulli just went up to get her costume with a bright smile on her face and thanked the staff as she walked back.

Shiyeon : "Lizzy-ah, here's your brown, puppet-like dress along with your matching shorts and heels. Your neck accessories will be given during the dress rehearsal like SeoHyun and JiYoung."

Lizzy just squealed, ran up and thanked the staffs with her aegyo.

Seohoon : "Now the guys. Taemin-ah, here's your ring-master costume. However the whip which you would be using would be given during..."

TaeMin : "The dress rehearsal right? Thanks"

Seohoon : "Yeah...... Anyway, ChanSung, here's your white tuxedo, black bow-tie and white leather shoes."

ChanSung : "Thanks hyung."

Shiyeon : " Mir-ah, here's your black tuxedo and your black leather shoes. Your neck accessory would, like the others, be given on the day of dress rehearsals."

Mir : "Thanks noona."

Seohoon : "Now all of you go and change into the costumes or clothes we just gave you so we'll know what adjustments to make before the performance. Go, shoo."

WIth that, all the maknaes just went to change.

 

ChanSung and Sulli was actually the first ones out....

Shiyeon : "You two look great. Now try a bit of your couple routine for me will you? I need to see if we need to make any adjustments."

And so, ChanSung and Sulli just fulfilled the staff's wish and did a bit of the routine. After they did it, the two staffs just clapped and stared in awe after seeing how gracefully they looked together.

Shiyeon : "Wow, it's a shame you two aren't dating. You guys look GREAT I tell you. If only your companies weren't rivals.... *Sigh* Such a wonderful couple..."

With a compliment like that, ChanSung and Sulli just blushed and stared awkwardly around the room until they met eyes and looked away with faces like a beautiful cherry tomato. However, Sulli then started to feel guilty as she then thought of how she wanted to break up with ChanSung.

Seohoon : "Yah, you're giving them an awkward moment.... Just close your mouth a bit okay?"

Shiyeon : " Yah! Are you telling me to shut up?! I do have a higher position in this job you know!"

Seohoon : "Chill, chill, cool dow....."

SeoHyun : "What's going on?"

JiYoung : "What did I miss out on?"

With Staff 2 being cut off by SeoHyun and JiYoung, the two staffs just stared in awe as they saw the two girls come out in absolute beauty.

Sulli : "Eonni! JiYoung! You guys look the B.E.S.T!"

SeoHyun : "Thanks *Blush*."

JiYoung : "So who are we waiting for now?"

Sulli : "TaeMin oppa, Lizzy eonni and Mir oppa."

Taemin : "Yah, who's talking about me behind my back?"

Taemin had came out with a sly smile as he had expected the others to be awed by him. However, the others were so awed by Seohyun and Jiyoung that they didn't even notice him. Sulkingly, he went up to the staff and asked about what he should do next. 

Taemin : "Yah hyung. Pay attention to me as well. I know the girls are pretty but you're married to stop staring!"

Seohoon : "Yah? I'm your hyung you brat! So stop sulking and go wait on the couch."

While watching the 'mature' argument, the others started cracking up and laughing so loud that it had gotten both Mir and Lizzy to come out together in curiousity. 

Mir : "Noona, what are you laughing about?"

Shiyeon : "Oh Mir! Wow you look all grown up and handsome ey."

Lizzy : "Unnie! What fun did I miss?"

Shiyeon : "Nothing Lizzy-ah, nothing~"

Lizzy : "Unnie~~, tell me!"

Seohyun : "Aigoo, we were just laughing at the 'mature' Taemin and Seohoon oppa."

Lizzy : "What...?"

Jiyoung : "They were arguing like seven year old boys who are fighting over a figurine."

Lizzy : "Oh... nevermind then."

Sulli : "Omo unnie~~, you look great! So do you Mir oppa."

Seohoon : "Too many handsome people! Too bright!"

Shiyeon : "Aigoo, stop being a chodding already!"

Taemin : "Seohoon is a chodding! Seohoon is a chodding!"

Seohoon : "Taemin you better run if you still want to be able to participate in the performance..."

Taemin : "I'm not scared of you, you big bad bully!"

Shiyeon : "Aigoo, stop being immature and go have a dress rehersal. NOW!"

Taemin : "Shiyeon noona sure is scary..."

Seohoon : "I know, this is what I have to deal with everyday..."

Shiyeon : "YAH!!!"

With that, Taemin had ran off to the others and pretended nothing had happened where as Seohoon slowly backed away and ran off.

 

 

<:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~    <:3)~

 

So I decided to make this into two chapters because I still have to finish and record a musical composition for school. 

Anyway I hope you all had enjoyed this crap story... I kinda forgot the original story so I just improvised on what I had saved so....

 

*90 degrees bow*

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!

I'll try and update the rest tomorrow...