Tutor

Her Not Me

 

 

 

"I can't believe your failing Chinese class" Lei's friend, Seulgi,practically screamed at Lei even though there was no reason to because they were sitting across from eachother eating lunch at the cafeteria in Seoul High School.

 

"Hey, my teacher is insanely strict" Lei defended herself. Mr. Song was extremely strict and always seemed out to get her, always eager to  reprimand her for every damn thing she did.

 

"Well, yeah, of course he's strict. You're freakin Chinese,you idiot!" Seulgi deadpanned.  

 

"Heh, you right" Lei laughed lightly almost forgetting she was indeed Chinese. "Hey, it's not my fault my parents didn't teach me Chinese!" Lei finished. It was times like this where she wished her parents had taught her Chinese, but they couldn't. Well, because they didnt speak Chinese either.

 

"Fine. Fine. I won't say anything more. But you should ask Mr. Song for help or something" Seulgi reasoned as she continued eating her lunch.

 

"Oh, I did. And he found me an 'excellent' tutor. And that I'll be meeting my 'excellent' tutor tommorow. I'll be seeing this know-it-all every freakin' Wednesday" Lei frowned and stuffed with the only thing that always had her back-food. It's not that she didn't appreciate Mr. Song going out of his way to help her but she had insisted that she would study harder for now on, but he ranted on and on about how intellectually inferior she was and how amazing her tutor was. Lei hated being looked down upon and she had a feeling her tutor would be a stuck up and cocky just like the rest of the tutors she had back in middle school. 

 

 

"Oh my gosh, what if your tutor is a total hottie?!" Saeron, Lei's friend, chirped in, giggling with excitement. Saeron loved alot of things: guys, makeup, but most importantly, gossip and guys combined. If Lei or Seulgi wanted to know anything about anyone Saeron was their girl."Dont worry, beacuse he's your tutor, you call dibs," Saeron giggled again, winking for emphasis.

 

 

"Right, we'll fall in love when we touch hands while we're reaching for a pencil and then he'll fall head over heels at the way I always double space my paper and he'll know I'm the 'one' beacuse of the way my mouth moves when it congugates Chinese verbs" Lei said, laughing at the thought. "Hella romantic", Lei added.

 

 

"Oh, you ruin everything!" Saeron pouted but she couldn't hide the stifle of laughter that escaped and she realized Lei was actually right. And soon all three girls were dying of laughter at the lunch table, holding their stomachs in pain, letting the happy tears spill out. 

 

After a solid 5 minutes they all finally calmed down and we're now just heavily breathing.

 

"Hey, what are you guys doing after school?" Seulgi asked. "How about we stop by the cafe near our school and get some-" but Seulgi couldn't finish beacuse she was cut off by Saeron's squealing.

 

"Look, it's my three husbands!" Saeron interrupted, squealing with excitement as her eyes followed four of the most popular boys in school.

 

"Why did you say just three when there's four of them?" Seulgi questioned with curiosity as she too looked at the boys who had seated themselves a few tables away from them.

 

"Nasty divorce or what," Lei snickered. But her eyes also were trained on them too.Baekhyun, Jongdae, Minseok, and Kyungsoo were their names. People called them the "Kings of Seoul High School" or the "Gods or Seoul". There was Baekhyun, the one that legit reminded Lei of an adorable puppy. The there was Jongdae, the goofball with a beautiful laugh. Lei would be lying if she said that she didn't find Jongdae attractive. She had seen him enter her classroom, smile and all, and she was mesmerized, to say the least. Then there was Minseok, who she thought looked lIke a chipmunk. And Lastly, Kyungsoo, the one with huge eyes; he never once held her interest. Lei could've sworn she once saw some girls worshiping the ground they walked on. 

 

"Ugh, I've told u guys this already! Kyungsoo has been dating a girl for like half a year already, so he's off limits," Saeron said with a pout. "He's been dating um...what's her name again?" Saeron looked up in confusion, racking her brain trying to remember the girls name. "Oh! Park Nari," exclaimed Saeron. "It's kinda cute though. Nari is a complete quiet, nerd but she managed to end up dating Do Kyungsoo. Their love story can totally be a movie in my opinion." Saeron added as she chopped on some of her salad.

 

"Too cliché," Lei stated. Nari was in her math class and Lei knew her to be really shy. Lei just hoped that Kyungsoo guy wasn't using Nari somehow beacuse Nari was the sweetest, quietest person she knew. 

 

"Anyway, smoothies and us and after school. How does that sound?" Seulgi raising her eyebrow.

 

"In", Saeron said, still smiling dreamingly and staring at the boys.

 

"You know it's always a yes from me, Seulgi," Lei happily smiled.A nice smoothie with her best friends would definitely make her stop worrying about meeting her tutor. 

 

 

×××××StanKyungsoo×××××

 

 

1 minute. 5 minutes. 40 minutes. 1 hour.That's how long Lei was waiting in the school library for her tutor who was late to arrive. Biting her lip out of habit, she began angrily packing her books back in her bag deciding that her tutor was a no-show and it was time to go home. Lei hated that she had wasted her time waiting for her stupid tutor and he had the freakin audacity to not ever bother showing up. Without even meeting him, he had managed to destroy Lei's hope of passing Chinese class. As she was ready to storm out of the library she heard a soft male's voice behind her.

 

"Uh, you're Kim Lei,right?"

 

Turning around, Lei came face to face with the owner of the voice. Astonishment replaced her anger as she saw who it was. "Do Kyungsoo?" Lei whispered, letting the words slip before she could stop them. Then it dawned on her that Kyungsoo was in her Chinese class; she had completely forgot. 

 

"Oh, good you know me!" Kyungsoo easily smiled. "I'm your tutor; it's nice to meet you, Lei," Kyungsoo politely said, putting his hand out for her to shake. 

 

Lei was about to shake his hand but decided against it as her anger came back. "You're late" she coldly stated, ignoring Kyungsoo's hand. 

 

"Yes, your right. I'm so sorry. A teacher wanted to speak with me and I couldn't quite refuse. I'm so sorry again"  he said, awkwardly scratching his head, letting his hand fall to his side.

 

Lei didn't known what to say. She had expected a stupid, lame excuse but the way his big doe eyes nervously looked at her about-to-leave self she could see he was being honest. And just like that, Lei decided it was better to forgive him, after all, his sole purpose was to tutor her, nothing more nothing less. "Look, it's fine. But it's late now and I've got to go home" Lei yawned, realizing that if she was at home she would be taking a nice nap. 

 

"Oh, but what if Mr. Song finds out that I didn't tutor you today?" Kyungsoo replied worryingly. His big eyes scanning her eyes for answers as his worried self got the better of him. He didn't want to disapoint Mr. Song any teacher for that matter.

 

"Oh, don't worry. I'll explain to Mr. Song," Lei replied, laughing lightly because of how scarred his voice sounded. She never would have thought one of the most popular boys in school was scarred of a teacher. Actually, Kyungsoo's personality was a complete surprise to her. She would have expected him to rude and cocky, being that he was popular, but she was wrong. Hell, she was glad that he seemed nice. "So..I'll be heading out first. See your around, Kyungsoo." Lei finished as she walked out of the library, leaving Kyungsoo behind. Maybe having a tutor wouldn't be so bad, Lei thought as she walked home.

 

 

 

 

×××××StanKyungsoo×××××

 

 

1st chapter. 1st story. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my lame story. I have a lot of ideas for this story so stay tuned.