Yī rì sān qiū / 一日三秋

Odnoliub / однолюб
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(idiom) lit. “one day, three autumns”;
intensely missing or longing for someone, that a single day apart feels as long as three years
(Chinese)

 

Tzuyu and Sana are walking towards their apartment building together. However, the distance between the two is something to be wept about. Sana is walking ahead of Tzuyu by 10 meters. Tzuyu wants to walk beside her girlfriend, but she knows that she’s still angry at her. She is really regretting pretending to forget their anniversary now. Why must surprises be so difficult? She just wanted to make her happy, but she ended up doing the opposite.

 

Dear mental diary, it is now day 14th since my future wife has started to ignore me. Meaning precisely two weeks has passed from our anniversary…. I just wanted to surprise her. Why did it end up like this???? Not to mention that she’s been flirting with Dahyun again. I want to kill the tofu. But alas art cannot, for’t a smol lion ist in love with the tofu. Oh, what a life I has’t. Tzuyu laughs at herself. Sana looks back at her and glares. Tzuyu coughs and looks away.

 

Anyway, I need to find a way to make her not ignore me. Will flowers work? No, you tried that already Tzuyu. What else is there??? A romantic gesture maybe? But what??? Think Tzuyu Think! Without her realizing it, Tzuyu stopped walking as she is too absorbed in her thoughts. Sana does notices however. She wonders why isn’t there the sound of footsteps behind her anymore; and when she looks back, she finds Tzuyu standing in the middle of the road. She wonders what the younger girl is thinking about, but then shrugs it off.

 

“Tzuyu? What are you doing? Aren’t you going home?” she asks the girl, snapping her back into reality.

 

“Huh? Oh, actually… nope. I’m gonna do something else first, just go on without me.” Tzuyu grins, and starts to run towards the opposite way. But before she could go too far, she turns around and opens . “Thanks for worrying about me by the way! I love you!” And she runs off again.

 

“Wha– I-I wasn’t worried or anything! Idiot…. I love you too.” Sana whispers to herself. No matter how many times she hears those words coming out of Tzuyu’s mouth, she would always still become red. Her heart never seems to get used to it too.

 

Sana continues the walk back home. She wonders what Tzuyu could be doing at this time of the night? Maybe she got an errand from her parents? Wait, what am I talking about? She lives alone. I wonder if she’s going to be alright? It night time and it’s usually dangerous…. Stop! Stop worrying about her, you’re supposed to be mad at her! Sana sighs. In reality, she’s actually not even mad at her anymore. She doesn’t even know why she’s still acting like this. Sana realizes that Tzuyu only wanted to make a surprise for their anniversary, and she should be happy that her significant other planned something. At this point, Sana just feels guilty for being angry in the first place.

 

Sana arrives at their apartment building. She walks down the corridor of her apartment floor. Coincidentally, Tzuyu’s apartment is also in the same floor. Sana came to a halt in front of Tzuyu’s apartment door. She misses being in the younger’s apartment. Ever since that incident, she refused to go inside the apartment as a part of her plan to ignore the girl. But right now, the only thing she wants is to be inside of it. More preferably on the bed with Tzuyu cuddling her.

 

Sana searches her bag for the key to the apartment; and when she finds it, she grips it. She is at a crossroads. Swallow her pride and go inside, or keep the act and go inside her apartment instead. She chooses the former, and opens the door. She looks around the apartment. Nothing major has changed in the two weeks that she’s been gone, except the huge mountain of dirty dishes by the sink. Sana laughs at the sight. She really can’t live without me. She has been the one doing the cooking and the dish washing for both of them.

 

She then proceeds to walk to Tzuyu’s bedroom, and takes off her clothes. She plans to change into the clothes she had left here. But she notices the shirt that Tzuyu always wore inside the wardrobe. Should I wear it? Sana grabs the shirt, and hesitates. Oh, whatever, I’m basically going to sleep on her bed anyway. It’s not like wearing her clothes is going to make a big difference. Then she puts it on. The shirt is just the right size for Tzuyu, and it looks very cool on her. On Sana, it’s too big to the point that her hands are hidden; and it looks cute on her instead.

 

She then plops down on the bed. She covers herself using the blanket and snuggles into the pillow. Everything smells like Tzuyu, the pillow, the blanket, the bed, and the shirt she’s wearing. She misses this. Being in her bed and being surrounded in her scent. And soon enough, she falls asleep while thinking about Tzuyu.

 

Meanwhile with Tzuyu, after leaving Sana alone, she went to execute her plan. She ran off to the nearest train station and went to the other side of town where Sana’s favorite cake is being sold at. If she runs and takes the first train, she would make it just before the store closes.

 

Tzuyu did make it to the store in time and bought the cake, also if I may add, the cake is fre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter