Trouvaille

Odnoliub / однолюб
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(n.) a valuable discovery, or a lucky find; something lovely discovered by chance (French)

 

Although what hapened today was not a happy discovery, at least not to Jihyo and Claire. The timing wasn't right. But it was an important discovery nonetheless.

 

Today was a peaceful day at Seoul public Academy. All the students were attending their classes as usual and there were no delinquents messing around at the Academy. Well at least that was what Park Jihyo would hope to have had happened, but unfortunately real life is different. Jihyo is the Academy’s student council president, so it would make sense for her to deal with the troublemakers of the school. However, currently Jihyo would have rather killed herself than deal with them for the thousandth of time. Yoo Jeongyeon and her gang is the stuff of her nightmares.

 

Jeongyeon’s gang consists of her, Hirai Momo, Son Chaeyoung, and Chou Tzuyu. They had called themselves the Headphones, which in Jihyo’s opinion sounded completely moronic. Somehow this time, the Headphones had successfully put a bucket of water on top of every door in the Academy, including the student council office. How did they managed to do that had thoroughly perplexed Jihyo. I mean how did they even get out of a room when the only or both doors leading to the outside is blocked? Or did the gang had mad ninja skills? Regardless, Jihyo is still going to punish them, and this time she won’t show any mercy.

 

You see, Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon, vice-student council president, are childhood friends. They had met in grade school and ever since then the three of them couldn’t be separated. Because of this the Headphone’s pranks could be tolerated or the punishment could be minimalized; however, this time, Jihyo couldn’t do that. Not only was she a victim of the prank, the principal was too. So even if Jihyo wanted to minimalize the punishment, the principal wouldn’t let her; not that she wanted to do that. Her uniform is completely wet and the documents she was carrying also got ruined; which was her homework and student council work by the way. So why would Jihyo want to minimalize the punishment of these demons?

 

“YOO JEONGYEON! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!”

 

“Wha-”

 

“AH! AH! AH!” Jihyo interrupted her, while swinging her index finger left and right. “I WAS NOT DONE TALKING!”

 

“More like screaming….”

 

“WHO SAID YOU COULD SPEAK, SON CHAEYOUNG?!” And like that, the lecture continued on. Sure enough, people walking past the student council office had to close their ears as the president’s voice is very loud. There is a reason why people call Jihyo a mic. If it was already too loud for those outside the room, you can imagine how the people inside felt. Nayeon who is beside Jihyo thought that her ears were bleeding at some point. Before her ears could have a permanent hearing damage, she thought to stop Jihyo or at least quite her down.

 

“Hey, Jihyo. Don’t you think that they’ve had enough? Look at the poor kids, their faces are as white as tofu.” What Nayeon said is true. Their faces are full of fear, and poor Tzuyu looked like she’s in the brink of tears. Then Sana, the secretary, had spoken up as well.

 

“Yeah, just look at Tzuyu.” She said while walking towards the girl and hugged her.

 

“Sana-unnie! Jihyo is being mean!” Tzuyu wailed.

 

“See?” Jihyo only scoffed at both of them.

 

“You’re only doing that because she’s your girlfriend.”
 

“W-wha…. Okay, that might be true. But don’t you think you have done enough?” Sana argued back while blushing.

 

Jihyo sighed.

 

“Fine.” Then she glared at the gang. “You’re lucky your girlfriends are in the student council.” She hissed.

 

“Yes! Haha!” Then Jeongyeon ran and kissed Nayeon on the cheek. “Thank you for joining the student council even though I told you not to!”

 

“I told you it was worth it.” Nayeon said while kissing Jeongyeon back on the cheek.

 

“Ew, stop don’t do PDA here.” Momo gagged.

 

“Tch, you’re just jealous that Mina isn’t here today.” Jeongyeon retorted. Mina is Momo’s girlfriend and also a member of the student council. She is the treasurer.

 

“Well it’s not my fault she’s sick!” Momo shouted. “Why do I even have to go to school? There’s nothing here if Minari isn’t here. Stupid flu. Stupid cold weather. Stupid school.” She mumbled while looking down to the floor.

 

“Cheer up, Momoring! You can visit her after-school!” Sana said trying to comfort the other Japanese.

 

“Alright, alright. You guys are dismissed. It’s lunch time, I’m sure you guys don’t want to miss that.” Jihyo said to all of them. With the mention of food, Momo’s eyes sparkled and she is the first one to dash out of the room.

 

“Well, there goes the food addict.” Nayeon laughed. “Are you going to go to the cafeteria too, Jihyo?” she asked the president.

 

“Nah, you all go ahead. I still have to re-do the paperwork that they had ruined.” She glared at the gang, who looked away and gulped.

 

“Alright. Don’t overwork, okay? Do you want anything though? I could bring it for you.”

 

“No, it’s okay, Nayeon.” Then the Headphones and the rest of the student council walked towards the door. “Oh! And don’t forget about your punishment, okay? Clean all of the bathrooms in school every Tuesday and Friday until the end of the semester!” Jihyo reminded the gang.

 

“Yes, mother.” They groaned. When they were out of the room, Jihyo walked back to her desk and started working on the paper work again. Thank god Jihyo had scanned the document yesterday, now she only had to copy the words. The problem is her homework. It was her most hated subject, math, and she didn’t bother to take a picture or scan the homework. I mean who would? It’s math. Everyone just wanted to get it over with and hope to never see those numbers again. So Jihyo quickly finished the student council work and is currently doing her math homework. Again.

 

In the middle of doing her homework, the door to the office opened again. Jihyo thought it was probably just either Nayeon or Sana coming back to check on her or to give her food; even though she had said to them to not give her anything, they are just good people who wouldn’t leave their friend to their demise. So when Jihyo saw some bread and her favorite juice being put in front of her, she had just said thanks and kept her gaze at the work in front of her.

 

“Thanks, Nayeon, or Sana. Whichever one you are, thanks.” Then Jihyo heard a giggle, and that giggle didn’t belong to neither Nayeon nor Sana. She would recognize that melodious voice anywhere.

 

“So the possibility that I’m neither haven’t crossed your mind?”

 

“Yuuji?!” Finally, the president looked up. And when she did, she was welcomed with the sight of the oh so beautiful Claire Seo Yuuji; at least according to Jihyo. Claire is the type of girl who everyone knows, but is not popular. Her Korean name is Yuuji, but she only allows a selected few to her by that; so everyone just calls her Claire. She is a member of the art club, and to be honest she is a prodigy. She is also Jihyo’s secret girlfriend. Actually scratch that, she is Jihyo’s secret fiancé. I’m sure you are currently confused, so let me explain from the start.

 

Claire Seo Yuuji and Park Jihyo had known each other ever since they can remember. Their parents are friends so naturally they became friends too. However, their parents are also filthy rich; and rich people being rich, they pick who their heir is going to marry. So basically Jihyo and Claire, who are the heirs, were arrange

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter